Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
My old thread exceeded 100 posts, and I'm at a decent breaking point, so I've started a new thread.

Here's my old threads:
Continuous Confusion
Trying to love my WAW from a distance
Trying to love my WAW from a distance II
Trying to love my WAW from a distance III
It's a marathon, but where are the mile markers?
Still in the marathon - am I going the right way?
Marathon continues. It is me or is it all uphill?
Where is this marathon leading me anyway?
Still in the marathon - did I miss a turn?
Marathon continues. Where we going, anyway?
Why did I sign up for this marathon, again?
Why was there no course map for this marathon?
Is this really an ultramarathon?
Who designed this ultramarathon course?
Ultramarathon continues...was there a detour?
Ultramarathon continues..will I get a second wind?
This ultramarathon has plenty of hills, no?
How long is this ultramarathon anyway?

It has been a long haul. At the beginning, I never thought I'd still be here like I am. However, my W has not shown any movement back toward me, just the occasional interest and noticing my changes.

The good news is the changes were all for me. As a result of my situation, I believe God has used my situation to His glory. I have done a lot of things that would have been outside my comfort zone in the past. I have made a ton of new friends, and frankly, met a lot of amazing people. cool

I feel well positioned for the next relationship, whether it's with my W or someone else. smile

So if you're new here, realize this is a marathon and not a sprint and for me it's been an ultramarathon that started out as a sprint. Use this time to work on you. Do things you've always wanted to do that are outside your comfort zone. Work on becoming your best possible self. You will save yourself and possibly your M.

BITS
Me:46 / W:47 / M:19 / T:21 / S13
Bomb#1: 5/8/2008
MC: 5/2008 - 4/2010
Bomb#2: 2/10/2011
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yesterday, I had my first meeting with a L. I think it went pretty well. The L could relate to my situation. She has D'd and remarried. She didn't want the D. But she's one of us. grin She is happily M'd right now, too, BTW. Hopefully that gives someone some hope. It gave me some hope, anyway.

Last night after I got home, I walked into a house that was 85 degrees. Ugh! I think my A/C's days may be numbered.

My W picked up my S last night. Oddly enough, she just texted my S and had him come out to the car. There was no OM with her. Also, the previous night, my W had texted me asking if I had the title to the car and if I knew the radio code. In the past, I would have gotten that stuff immediately for her and also gotten some stuff I thought she might need. I texted her about 2 hours later and told her that stuff was probably in the folder for the car, and I could just give her the folder. Last night, she sent my S inside for the folder.

Usually she will come up to the front door. I hate to say it bothered me, but it did. My group leader last night at church suggested, though, she may be seeing a lot of things she likes in me right now, and me baptizing my S was a slap in the face for her. Therefore, she can't face me right now and needs some distance. Well, sounds plausible.

As for me, I am in a pretty decent place. I am ready to take the next step in talking to Ls and getting the paperwork together. It's just another step in the process, and we'll see where that leads.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.' - Matt. 19:26
G
G
keeping up with your new thread, keep it coming JB. Thanks!!

m 54
XW 48
m 12
t 14
bomb 6-11
s 10-11
wife moved to other state 10-21-11
d 9-12

O GOD THY SEA IS SO GREAT AND MY BOAT IS SO SMALL!
N
ncl Offline
N
JB,

Just wanted you to know that I'm still checking on you. Despite where this road leads you, you will never regret taking the high road, and that has been the path you've consistently chosen during your ultra marathon.

I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for you next! Hang in there, and know you always have a friend in Texas who is pulling for you.

Take care! Ncl

aka lc4 : )
R
R
JB I posted a pic for ya. I found one in my state. Go look. Been trying to get a pic but is on the other side of the road of my commute.

I know talking about me again. Lol

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: gunny
keeping up with your new thread, keep it coming JB. Thanks!!

Thanks for dropping in, gunny!

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: ncl
JB,

Just wanted you to know that I'm still checking on you. Despite where this road leads you, you will never regret taking the high road, and that has been the path you've consistently chosen during your ultra marathon.

I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for you next! Hang in there, and know you always have a friend in Texas who is pulling for you.

Take care! Ncl

Thanks, ncl smile smile smile I am so grateful for having you in my corner.

What's amazing is my W is the only in the world that can make me like I'm not taking the high road. She will tell me I'm controlling, all I doing is stalling the D process crazy and so on. Believe none of what you hear and half of what they do, right? crazy

I, too, am very excited to see what the Lord has in store for me and for what He's doing right now. smile

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Rick you crack me up, man!! laugh laugh laugh

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yesterday was another day, more drama. crazy

My W texted me in the morning and told me she found a house that she fell in love with. She then proceeded to ask if I would consider refinancing the house early or she could borrow from her half of my 401k. What? Seriously?!?!? crazy crazy crazy That's something like what I would do for my W if I'm happily M'd, but not for a W who wants to D me. I called the L I'm thinking about bringing on board and she just confirmed the obvious.

I called her in response. First off, I asked her about the car she's selling. Then I told I was not going to give her the answer she wanted to hear. She wanted to know why. crazy I simply told her I wasn't comfortable and all that stuff should be down on paper before we do anything with it. I then gave her an update on the L situation. I think she's pretty ticked I'm bringing a L on board.

We then got into a discussion about the D. We know there's a lot we agree on. But we are at an impasse right now about who does the transportation for S for the handoffs. She wanted to split it down the middle. I'm of the opinion that she made the decision to move 30 minutes away so she can do the lion's share of the driving. Am I being unreasonable here? confused

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

J
jbnati Offline OP
OP Offline
J
OK, I'm going to balance some the junk with some good. GAL'ing activity of choice last night was a bike ride with the local bike shop. We had to dodge some storms in the area, but we managed to cover 35 miles and did some substantial hill work at the end.

BITS
W moves out 5/7/2011

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard