Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
OP Offline
T
Hey there, I thought of this board for some reason today.
I haven't been here in almost a year.

The past year+ has been the best of my entire life.

Let's see, since Sept 2011 (last post) I changed jobs - still with government, just a different agency & different position. I don't like it, not what it's supposed to be - so on the lookout like always.

I'm with a guy I met April 2011 - best thing EVER. It has been nonstop awesomeness. If something comes up, we talk and work it out. We compliment each other in all the best ways.

I cannot believe its approaching 7 years since I came to these boards and everything was thrown on its end. I only realized the time because I was talking with my mom who is still with her miserable 3rd H.

Let's see, been lavished with love, support, compliments, vacations. I still need to lose weight, I've actually gained frown I'm miserable with that part of myself. Still paying debt, still in miserable house - but looking at some options of renting it to a family member and also refinancing. Talking about moving in with BF and we have discussed future plans laugh

I hope everyone who was with me is doing well. Anyone new that might read this - it gets better. Hold on. focus on you. breath.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
C
C
Congratulations.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
K
kml Offline
K
Hey there, TMW, so glad it's all working out for you smile

K
kml Offline
K
P.S> won any contests lately?

S
S
I'm happy to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!!"

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
clingingtohope - thank you smile

kml thanks smile Winnings? other than finding the love of my life? laugh I won a Dave & Buster's $200 gift card at the begining of the year. That's been about it.

sunfunone - you certainly did, amongst many others wink

I can honestly say I am somewhat ashamed of how I was when I came to these boards. I was desparate. Things were already over, there was no saving - he was already gone, I just didn't know it because of all the lies and deception.

Oddly enough my mom ran into XH recently, he said hello and went to the other end of the store to checkout. He is still married to W2 with 2 kids. Not sure if I ever mentioned, they filed banktruptcy.

I've finally cut all ties to XH and his family, only thing truly left is the last name. I don't want to pay over $100 to change it now, I'll change it if/when I get married again wink It's honestly SUCH a hassle to change a name. File court papers, pay fees - then go through changing EVERYTHING. From social security card, credit cards, shopper cards, license, deed, mortgage, utilities, work, email, etc etc etc etc. I'm not going through all that back to back.

Oh, and xbf - he's been seeing the same girl since we broke up. She forced him to get a job, but I guess she keeps track of all spending. He is behind on his bills - I'm getting his collection calls. Lovely. His mom is paying his bills.
His brother has helped fix my car a couple times and he's sort of done with his brother.

If anyone remembers the 'friend' that sort of got between xbf and I - we recently started talking a bit again. I'm very very cautious.
My 1 (previously) good 'friend' since elementary school that cared so much for me, but I didn't feel the same - I haven't talked to him in over a year frown There was a whole incident when I went out of town and he said he'd let my dog out, but didn't really. After getting my key back, we haven't talked. I tried reaching out, twice, sent him messages trying to find out what happened. Nothing.

OH, and the creep I dated 2001 Jan-March, crazy and weird. He went to high school with my BF! He emailed again, I had to file a police report and go to prosecutor's office - they sent him a letter telling him to STOP all communication - email/fax/text/call/facebook/etc.

BF and I are both so happy, we both LOVE our relationship & love each other SO much! Neither of us had any idea life, love, could be like this, this wonderful. Honestly. It sounds all mush and fluff, but it is the truth.

I wish this for EVERYONE!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
T
OP Offline
T
I'm getting more serious in thought about writing a book about my life in some form or another. I really wish there was a way to access my posts, my chapters, before 16.
For some reason, I can see posts I made on other people's threads, but not my own. It would help. I was so distraught going through the thick of it.

T
OP Offline
T
I heard a term that I never had...Annivorsary...The anniversary of a divorce.

Today is my 7 year annivorsary. Wish my brain didn't remember all these stupid dates.

1 week ago was my 10 year NOTiversary.

S
S
Happy Annivorsary. (I've never heard the term before). I will bet at this point you are glad to NOT be with your ex and especially NOT to be with Ex Boyfriend.

Wishing you the best.

Barb

T
OP Offline
T
Amen.

I am happy with the path that life has led me, for the most part. I have learned lessons the hard way.

Now I have an INCREDIBLE man whom I love and loves me awesomely.

if I could just get rid of this freaking house....i've tried every option I (or anyone) can think of. I can't refinance because I'm so upsidedown. I can't rent it out because of the problems it has (unless it's to someone I know). I can't sell it because of the problems it has & what I owe. I can't take a short sale/foreclose because of how it would affect my credit and therefore my job.

Only solution I can see is that I have to pay off debt, save up, fix it and hold on to it till the market improves.

My other solution, honestly, is that I am going to write to every home improvement, talk show, magazine, etc and plead my case.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard