Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
H
i have had to practice alot this weekend. lots of drama. i was thinking about what you said. about mind space. i noticed when my mind goes nuts my body tingles..almost shakes. my breathing is quicker. i am not focused. mind is all over.

when i run and lift, breathing is key. when i control my breathing i can do things properly. when i run my breathing is key to my pace. when it is controlled i do better. i can udjust it for different speeds. when i focus my body it requires my mind to focus. i feel calm yet ready to act. not wound up but focused.

when i go into panic mode it is not good. i had some moments this weekend. usually i try the stop sign thing. dont work anymore. this kept running through my head. so i started breathing. focusing on it like when i run. my body seemed to relax. then slowly i could bring my mind around. it took a bit the first time. for a few hours i had to go back to breathing. focusing on calm. i have had more stress coming at me. stupid stuff. i put it in my thread. i was able to focus my mind quicker every time.

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

~
~
That's great, hbsd. Not the bad stuff of course. That you were able to use techniques to help focus yourself.

Do you feel that those techniques for focus can help you in all aspects of your life?

Where else in your life do you feel out of focus? Like your work, for example.

Do you feel that you could use those techniques to focus when you are about to go into a dangerous work sitch and therefore stay focused on the task at hand so you can stick around a while longer for your kids? wink

H
H
i feel out of focus in about everything i do. yes i think they could help.

i really need to focus at work. not only could it cause me to lose my job, but my life as well. i need to pay attention and not be so reckless. the breathing helps. helps me focus so i can calm my mind and body.

i will have to keep practicing so it becomes a habit.

H
H
kd-

98 degrees before the humidity tonight. 12:11 on my run. new record by 1 second! lol.

~
~
I agree... practice, practice, practice...

So let's see how this week goes. Post on progress, short comings, positives, on your health goals and on your focus...

Then we can review come week's end...

~
~
must be something in that air... just happened to post almost at the same time... smile

Not sure what the humidity is here right now, but I'd say it's dang close... ndfarmer is prolly feeling the same in ND... love the warm, dislike the humidity...

I do love that you bested your time by 1 second, even in this humidity...

Makes you wonder, eh? wink

H
H
so i havent broke 12 mins yet. thats ok. it is a goal i am working towards. i am on track with my workouts.

my focus is on me right now. i am GAL. i went on a date. my W's OM' STBX asked me out. i went. why not? i had a ton of fun. nothing happened but dinner and mini golf. we talked about our sitch's a little. not much. i just had fun. will anything come of it. idk. i dont really care.

i am going to my aa meetings and working my program. life isnt great right now, but it isnt that bad. i hope W is happy in whatever life path she chooses. i know i am going to be.

D
D
do you want this thread 'stuck' or is it ok to unstick?

dbmod
H
H
doesnt matter to me..ask kd..lol

~
~
You could unstick it, although I do want to keep the tread to stay focused on hbsd's goals.

hbsd, I did read about your little... date... smile I'll keep any comments about that on your other thread if I can think of any...

Unless you would like to focus specifically on goals in regards to entering new relationships at this time?

Otherwise, it sounds like you are satisfied with how your workouts are going. Are you satisfied? Are you changing your goals and happy with where you are and the pace that you are getting to your goals? Or do you want to adjust the goals?

What about your focus? How's that going?

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard