Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
I'm sorry. It's so hard to stay pleasant when we feel our world is being ripped apart. I know we shouldn't let our spouses have that control over us but it's easier said than done. I know I am getting a lot better about that and am doing way better emotionally then I ever felt was possible.

Keep working on yourself. Maybe try counting to 10 before you respond to him. Maybe that's not realistic but it could work!

Me:29; W:37
T: 6
M: 4
D: 2; SD: 14; SS: 17
H filed D: 6/13/12; H moved out: 6/14/12
H moved back in: 6/28/12
Confirmed EA: 8/12
S
OP Offline
S
I know. He started with the nastiness first and I shouldn't have even continued it. We're both sitting out in the living room now in silence, which is weird, but I was here first, haha.

V
V
It takes a lot of practice to learn control over your reactions. Remember - just because you feel annoyed does not mean that you have to react in a way that demonstrates it.

When is your next appointment with Chuck?

S
OP Offline
S
tomorrow night!
this is so awkward. we are both just sitting out in the living room, not talking. i dont know why he didnt just go back into the bedroom.

S
OP Offline
S
Wow, today is hard. I really miss husband.

He has been emailing me on a daily basis about various things he thinks I'll need/want for the new apartment. I've just been answering him as business-like as possible but I really want to talk to him more.

S
OP Offline
S
I keep having dreams, too. Last night I had a dream that he told me about an affair he was having with his supervisor. I also had another dream that he wanted to reconcile.

His mom told me that he was feeling a little happier and that he wanted to stay friends with me. I can't ever see us getting past this really tense conversation point though.

M
M
scaredsilly is so right - little changes to yourself make all the difference. You have no control over anyone else but yourself - something I learned over a three month period! It can work - it's then up to you both not to let things lapse otherwise you'll be back in this poopy sitch. You're doing great - I'm stuck in the "I'm leaving you" loop :-(

S
OP Offline
S
I'm sorry, mac-ct frown
I'm having such a hard morning. I'm sitting at my desk and crying and I thought I was over this point.

B
B
Originally Posted By: sophiedaphne
I'm sorry, mac-ct frown
I'm having such a hard morning. I'm sitting at my desk and crying and I thought I was over this point.

Oh I hate that! Pick yourself up and commit to being good to you today! Get your mind off of the R and doing something for yourself.

I committed to doing this for myself the other day and I have really been in a good place ever since. Yeah, I'm still confused, and hurt, and want things to be different, but when I just try to focus on the minute right in front of me, it seems to get a lot easier. When I think "have a positive attitude BD!" things seem to turn a little.

Hang in there!

M:44 W:42
M:15
S:19, D:16, S:14, D:12, S:6
BD: 2/14/11
D Final: 6/25/13
B
B
and "DO" something for yourself...

M:44 W:42
M:15
S:19, D:16, S:14, D:12, S:6