Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
S
OP Offline
S
No, I didn't. I guess I should have. My mind was just so full and I didn't know what to say. He wouldn't even walk alongside me when we walked to our separate cars. He asked if I would be ok getting home, and I said I would, and I asked him the same question. I asked if he was going straight home (which I guess was the wrong thing to do.) When should I tell him that I realize how hard it must have been for him to open up like that? Is it too late?

M
M
Is he there with you now? If he's still awake, tell him thank you, acknowledge that you understand how hard it was for him and give him a hug.

It's never too late.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
S
OP Offline
S
MrBond,
I went out into the living room and I sat down, and I said, I just wanted to say thank you for going with me. I know how hard it was for you to open up.

He said you're welcome. And then he said thank you. And then he mumbled something and it almost sounded like he said "I love you" but it couldn't have been, unless it was a mis-step because he was so tired. I walked away, but I got hung up on it, and I asked if he was willing to go again (and I only asked because the counselor will not be around for two weeks and I need to tell him by Friday if we want to come in two weeks) and he said he wanted to keep thinking about it. I said no problem, and thanked him again and went off into my room.

For the next two nights, I won't be home, so it'll give him his time to think, I guess.

S
OP Offline
S
I knew he wouldn't have let me hug him, so I didn't even try.

J
J
I read in a post you were looking for D support groups. Divorce Care groups abound in my neck of the woods. Google their web page and see if it could be something you're interested in.

Peace

BITS
Me 55, ACK, when did that happen? Doesn't feel like 55
D 30
S 27

You create your own universe as you go along - Winston Churchill
S
OP Offline
S
Thank you, JustStunned. I found a bunch. They're all in churches, and I am very much not at all associated with any religion, but I'd definitely give it a shot to find some kind of support. This is really helpful. Thanks so much.

S
OP Offline
S
Well, I'm set for the next few days and have places to stay if I need to get out! That's optimistic!

S
OP Offline
S
I'm going to a friends house after work today. I'm really trying to get a life. I'm still so discouraged. Not wearing his wedding ring? That just surprises me so much. I had really thought marriage counseling would have helped.

The counselor said that nothing what has happened is out of the ordinary!

H
H
its not out of the ordinary. pretty much the same for all of us. my W hasnt wore her ring since before she dropped the bomb. she would take it off when she left the house, put it on when she got back i guess. i know it hurts, there is nothing you can do to MAKE him put it back on. he will if he wants to.

i know how hard this is right now. i've been there and somedays still am. bond gives great advice. he has helped me alot. keep trying, dont give up. one way or another you will get through this.

m:31 W:32
M:8 T:11
S:10
D:5
Bomb:1/07/12
Separated:4/23/12
Divorced: 12/12/12

S
OP Offline
S
Thank you, heartbrokeinsd frown I'm sorry that you're going through this too.

I just don't get how our problems are "not that bad" and "not that out of the ordinary" yet my husband thinks that it is the end of everything. The marriage counselor said that things need to be this shaken up for change to occur. But if he doesn't want changes to occur, how can they? I guess I can make the changes within myself, but if he's not willing to see them, how will it make a difference?

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard