Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30
B
B
Well, I'm glad your mom got the benefit of it. smile

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Being Me. It's all gone very well. She has a wonderful agent who has helped her through the whole process and been very supportive. It's a big move leaving the home she's lived in for 53 years and raised her family in. She got a good price and is thrilled with the condo she's purchased. Sad to see the old place go but that's life, we must move onwards smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
SDA lady had a blowout with her employer yesterday, The Wicked Witch of the West. SDA lady had agreed to babysit for them last Saturday evening, which is now one of her days off. yesterday she texted me that employer had not paid her for it. She planned to approach her immediately. Employer refused to pay her stating "it's part of your job" and SDA lady said "It's part of my job to work for free on my day off?" It got worse. Finally, SDA Lady said that employer could either pay her or she quits! Employer said "you get free room and board and don't pay for your food" and SDA lady said "that's because the contract you set up and agreed to said I didn't have to pay for those things!" Then the Wicked Witch says "when you were hired we told you we needed you on Saturdays" to which SDA lady said "and when I told you I needed to reduce my hours you suggested I take Saturday off" At one point SDA Lady said "You aren't the only employer on the planet. I know there's a shortage of caregivers in this country. I'm not stupid!" Finally, on husbands instructions, the Wicked Witch agreed to pay her...but at a rate below minimum wage. Again, SDA lady demanded her legal wage. This woman is just like a chicken pecking you to death. She will agree to things but never abide by them and constantly push the boundaries until she gets what she wants. In the end, SDA lady agreed to work Saturday's again, which is what Wicked Witch wants! She demanded $100 per day and to start at 1 pm rather than noon so she can attend church. Wicked Witch says "but the boys need their lunch at noon, this is highly inconvenient" OMG, this woman can't slap a sandwich together once a week so her Nanny of five years can go to church! Employer also said "I've noticed that you never finish work at 5:00 pm so why don't we make 5:30 pm your new finish time" SDA Lady said "I don't finish at 5 because you keep giving me work to do!" Sh never stops! I said to SDA lady "I've always tried to keep an open mind about her. I try to see her good side. Today all I see is a manipulative, self serving bitch" SDA Lady says "I know you're upset at my decision. I'm sorry. But we still have church on Saturday and Sunday will always be yours. It's only two more months sweetie" She was right, part of me felt rejected and I told her later in the evening that I did have those fleeting feelings. She said "I knew you did. But you know it's not true, I love being with you" I felt I should be honest about how I felt. She knew it anyway.
Wow, how she stands this woman is beyond me. Two more months.

K
K
The same way you stood Voldermort!

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: kat727
The same way you stood Voldermort!

Good point lol! Amazingly, it's often harder seeing someone else go through such situations than to go through them yourself! Today SDA Lady said about yesterday "when someone throws stones at you, you throw them bread. I'm a Christian and I'm going to live that way." She is something, isn't she.

S
S
Wii:

Just a reminder - this is her battle to fight - not yours. Let' s here about Wii - we hear 10 times more about SDA lady than about YOU!

I can relate to the outrageous bitch but also to the caregiving situation. I would NOT be a bitch to work for. It is always an option - maybe she wants to come here for 2 months - we NEED each other!

Anyway - so what's new with WII???

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
I got a hair cut! The woman took 30 minutes, that's about 1 minute per hair on my head. At the end, we'd been together so long I was thinking I needed to propose rather than tip her! I also went grocery shopping today (how do you eat Avicado btw?) and I also bought two new pairs of running shoes today, one pair for work and the other for walking/running. I've been walking five times this week and overdid it, of course. But I have lost 2 lbs since last week. My diet is highly healthy and relatively bad fat free. I enjoy Sardines and tomato sauce with an orange for lunch. I have quit drinking coffee except for the periodic Timmy's. yet I'm still hooked on Pepsi Max but I'm working on reducing that...slooooowly. That's it for now. Oh, and I'm investigating which face moisturizer I should be using. Lots happening lol.

M
M
Have you never had an avocado???????

My very favorite!

Lots of ways to enjoy it.

Cut it up in salad, slice and put on sandwiches, make guacamole, etc. etc.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
How do you eat an avacado? I don't!! Yuck, can't stand them probably because I was forced to eat them as a kid. So many veggies I dislike come from being a kid and having to eat something. I try to have my kids try a bite rather than just say I don't like that. Afterall who dislikes mashed potatos? Yep you guessed it...3 of my 4 kids! lol

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
Do you know how to cut one?

Pull the stem piece off the end and lay the avocado down on it's side. Cut into the skinny end and turn the avocado on the knife until you have cut around the entire fruit. Grasp both sides and twist and it will separate from the seed. Take your knife and tap down hard with the blade on the seed. Twist and the seed will pop out. Slice the fruit while still in the skin, run a spoon around the edge between the fruit and the skin and it will release from the skin. You can then turn the skin inside out and all your pretty slices will practically fall out. It's SO easy!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

Page 28 of 30 1 2 26 27 28 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard