Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
S
S
Teenage girls - there is ALWAYS drama! And Ashley continued to live at home (and work and go to school) until a year ago when I moved away and she got her apt at age 23! And even then it went on a bit. But miraculously - she has changed so much. First she was sure she would not be able to afford a thing (& I helped her out a bit), then she started posting on FB "Don't it always seem to go - you don't know what you've got till it's gone". Soon after, she started managing to still enjoy going out and this month she got a room mate and I have stopped helping her with her car insurance and rent. And she still calls me to chat, check up on me or out of concern for her brother. YES folks - they DO grow up eventually and become caring, loving adults. We did not totally destroy them by not giving them everything, doing everything for them or by getting divorced!

Gotta give your daughter credit for persistence. Don't let her wear you down or pull the "Mom would do it" card. Yeah right!

Barb

M
M
Thanks for the reminder. My son is a great kid even though I've been divorced form his dad since he was 2(he's now 22). Even knowing that I still feel lately like his 8 year old sister is getting shortchanged which I need to get over. Its mostly me that feels that even though most of the time she seems much better. Her 17 year old sister is having a harder time with things.

C
C
That's what I have to look forward to huh.

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
W
OP Offline
W
Don't worry, CTH, the Mom's get it worse with teenage daughters...something to look forward too!
I took D18 out Prom dress shopping and I scored big...I mean she did, a dress for $59.99. It looks nice, fits nice and was cheap cheap cheap! We are celebrating with hot dogs for dinner. At the store I texted SDA lady "We're at Danielle's Bridal...u need anything lol ?" She replied "I'm good for now thanks!"
So after hot dogs it's off to SDA book group. Later Dbers.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Wow, I had a very moving experience tonight. On some Saturday evenings I go to a church service at a church about 15 minutes from me. Tonight the Pastor was talking about restoration. At the end of the sermon he took a stool and an elder joined him on stage. They had a conversation where the Pastor told the congregation that he was taking a leave of absence. Apparently, and this is public knowledge already, he lost his marriage 2.5 years ago.He told the congregation that he was in pain and now was the time to come to terms with where his life was and to restore himself. He said that he'd always been one of those people who thought that if you followed God's word and did all the right things, nothing bad would happen. He compared himself to Job. He said that when life didn't work out that way he'd planned and he had a lot of soul searching to do. He's in counselling now and is taking time off to come to peace with his life and his faith. he said in the last 2.5 years he's pushed a lot of feeling stuff aside but now it's time to deal with it head on. Wow! I felt very emotional while listening to him. He said "I can hug you and tell you God loves you and mean it with all my heart but I can't do the same thing for myself right now" Here is a man who got up in front of the whole congregation (and he will do it again twice tomorrow) and says "I lost my marriage and I'm in pain". Afterwards I approached him, holding back tears and said "Pastor, I lost my marriage four years ago. I know the pain you're going through. It's one of the most horrible pains you'll ever feel. I just want to give you a hug, wish you the best and let you know that it will get better" He thanked me, we hugged and I said goodnight. God works in mysterious ways, I hope I gave that Pastor something tonight, I know he gave me something. Pray for this man Dbers, he's one of us!

M
M
That is a wonderful pastor. He is openly showing his congregation an example of God's love by sharing his own weakness. Our pastor does the same. When someone who has his life rooted in The Word stands up and talks about their own struggles it helps those who are afraid to admit they need help to seek it.

He is added to my prayer list!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
A wonderful day with SDA Lady. We came back to my place to work on her resume but somehow the resume never got started...but lots of other stuff did smile

M
M
WOO HOO!!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: mishka422
WOO HOO!!!!!

Thanks Mish. It was a very special afternoon. To feel so physically and emotionally connected to someone I care about was awesome. Btw, we didn't do "you know what", and that was fine, but it was pretty hot and steamy and a few articles of clothing did manage to find the floor somehow lol. Somehow when you've been alone for a long time you forget how good it feels to hold someone like that and know that they care for you in the same way you care for them. I feel so blessed to have met her, she's a very special lady (and she thinks I'm a pretty special guy!)We talked together afterwards about how it felt as neither of us has been that intimate with anyone for a long time. We decided that Genesis is correct when it says that man was not meant to be alone smile When I dropped her off we kissed before she got out of the car and then she turned and blew me a kiss. She then walked up the stairs, turned and waved. When she unlocked the front door, she turned and waved again. Once inside she peeked out the window and blew me another kiss. She's a sweetheart, I think i'll keep her smile
Btw, her sister from Alaska phoned while we were having diner and I chatted with her for a few minutes. SDA Lady texted me this morning and said her sister was very impressed with me. That's nice to hear.

S
S
Wii:

I"m so happy for you! Sounds like things are where they are supposed to be. Would you have thought a year ago that you could be so deliriously happy today? I'm just glad that you did what you had to do to find your happy place again with the right person.

Barb

Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard