Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
V
V
Ohhh, ip, I am so sorry to hear about the little one. frown My S went through school with a couple of kids who have it. They do quite well, and would go to the nurse's office during the day for treatment or testing. It's complicated to learn all your family will need to know, but you will become an expert at it.

Give yourself time to be able to not think about your H and whether or not it was PA. It's a hard thing to get beyond. Is he showing any signs now of seeing or talking to ow? If not, and he is doing more around the house, with you and the kids, then be try to be happy with how positive that is. You and H may get stressed out with the issues with your D, so try to be kind to each other.

vc

I
inpain Offline OP
OP Offline
I
Yes, it certainly is complicated! My head is swimming with it all! She is doing brilliantly bless her, so much better than me!! The toughest part is she talks about "when she's better and won't have to have the injections anymore" - it breaks my heart when she says it and really how can you explain that it's forever to a 3 year old frown.

You're completely right about it being an extra stress on me and H - this has highlighted all too clearly how bad we are - we have done nothing but argue since - I admit to causing a lot of it myself - I just can't seem to even be civil. Analysing myself I think it's that a time like this is when you really need a hug and extra support and love from your H and because I'm not ready to be like that with him I'm not getting any of that and so I feel even more angry towards him now - because not only am I angry about what he's done I'm now angry because I'm dealing with this stressful situation without a loving partner too! (if that makes sense - not sure I've explained very well). I really think we're very close to splitting - neither of us can take this anymore. I'm so, so fed up of getting no support and he's fed up of me being awful. I can't seem to stop though. Maybe it's another one of those normal everyone goes through it stages, I don't know.

M-43 H-42
S-11 D-7
T-19 yrs
M-15 yrs
Bombshell 9/17/15
Sep - 11/9/15
V
V
You are getting no support, he is getting your "awful" moods, so he gives you no support, so you give him awful moods, and so on and so on... Something has got to give one way or another. One of you has to be the bigger person. When a child is sick is one of the most stressful times in a parent's life. Add to that marital strife, and you have a war no one can win. So, you have to call a truce. You, knowing what you do about this site, and knowing that you may have to be the one who starts behaving differently. Then, you can wait to see if a change in your H's attitude follows. Try it and see if it helps. what do you have to lose by trying to be kinder? Bite your tongue if you have to, to keep from arguing. Ask him for what you need. Get him to sit at home with the kids while you go out to de-stress. Even if it's only to the movies or the library. A few moments alone to catch a breath. Try to stay calm. Get a yoga cd or something to help while you are at home during the day. Let the kids pretend to work out, too. Play music for them to dance to, and you, too. Make your day to day life fun with the kids; it makes the day go by faster. Take them on a picnic to the park, or out into the garden. Anything to make your life easier.

How is your little boy doing?

vc

S
S
Quote:
My head is going to explode!

I remember feeling the same way. However, my D was in her teens. Much harder when they're so young. My D was so brittle they couldn't keep her sugars controlled. She was in the ER almost every weekend. The best thing to happen for her was when she was put on an insulin pump. I believe her life has been extended due to the pump. If your doctor has not suggested it, read up on it and ask him if it would be the route to take with your little one.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard