Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12
R
R
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
Venting...

Very frustrated at the moment. W asked me to bring the kids to the hospital at 10am for her fitting of a defib device that she will wear for next couple of months. She was supposed to be released from the hospital right after that. Here we are 4.5 hours later and here she sits.

And she is getting emotional as she comes to grips with her flirtation with mortality along with the cabin fever she has been suffering for the past few days.

As she is being fitted with the device, she asks the tech if she can go through airport security. Good grief!! She is recovering from her near death experience and all she can think about is whether or not she can go see OM? Argh!!!

While preparing her room at home (cleaning sheets, making bed, etc.) I see that on the day before I rushed her to the hospital, she purchased $25 boxer's from Brooks Brothers. She's been worried about $$ and this is what she spends her $$ on.

Oy!

Dude, go to Madrid, start a new life focusing on 2TP. I'm sorry, the boxer thing just spells it all out. I'm totally pro-marriage, and a massive believer in making marriages work better, but I think this is the classic example of why all of us need to move on.

OP Offline
Venting continues....

OK, we are home! Thank God!! Shortly before we left the hospital, W has an emotional meltdown. She is in tears because she nearly died, she is tired, she is tired of being sick, she is tired of being cooped up in a hospital AND she realizes that she now has to wear a bulky defib device for a few months and when you add that to what she already views as her frumpy body.... Well, you have one hell of a nice stew of boiling emotions!

When we arrive at home, W says she is going to bed. When she enters the bedroom she see that her bed is all made up, clean sheets, fluffy pillows and whats that leaning up against the pillow.....

Why it is a home made "Welcome Home" poster that I pieced together last night with little red hearts surrounding a picture of a little cottage with a white picket fence and the sun shining above it. Inside each little heart are the words in alternating order, "We love you" and "We miss you". On each of the fence pickets is a word that when combined reads "so glad you are on the mend, the world would not be the same with out you."

She immediately zeros in on this. Her love language is Acts of Service, so I know this is something that will pluck her heart strings big time! And I'm right. She picks it up and says oh how sweet! And then begins sobbing again.

Oy!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
A
A
Nice job 2tp!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
R
R
2TP - what a great guy you are. Hell. I'd marry you after that incredibly nice gesture! You're W and kids are so fortunate.

P
P
Glad to see she is home from the hospital. That welcome sign will stay with her for a while smile

Good job!!

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
A
A
Originally Posted By: rickb89
2TP - what a great guy you are. Hell. I'd marry you after that incredibly nice gesture!

You'd have to get in line after me!

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
R
R
I am telling ya 2 look at all the luv from the boys. Its gotta be the speedo thing. Half a dozen Red ones shall make Spain quake. Lol

Great job and hope W is gonna be ok

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

OP Offline
You guys crack me up!! I suppose its a good thing I never did come up with a list of slang terms for bicycle shorts. Although, there is apparently a reason why they are almost always black in color. wink

=======================

So W is home tonight. She went straight to bed and slept for 3 hours during which time I managed to pull together a delicious chicken dinner for the family to enjoy when she woke up. I think she was shocked. First because I cooked but also because it tasted pretty damn good!

Later I went out to fill several prescriptions her Dr's gave her before leaving the hospital. I was expecting the bill for the prescriptions to total in the hundreds of dollars but thankfully it only came to $95. So I'm relieved since the hospital and ER bills are going to break the bank!

After dinner W goes back to bed. I go in and ask her if she needs anything before she goes to sleep and she asks for a few things which I retrieve for her.

I then tell her, "W, I'm not moving back in. But I will stay as long as you need me." W says thanks. And then I give her a hug and tell her that I am so glad she is home. She starts to cry a little and believe it or not, she actually hugged me back! smile

I think I need a vacation. Who wants to go to Spain? Be sure to bring your speedos! wink

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
C
C
I think I need a vacation. Who wants to go to Spain? Be sure to bring your speedos!

I'm in! Get me outa this place for a while! Oh wait...are speedo's a requirement?

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
K
K
2TP -

Glad to hear your wife is back home safe. I think your upcoming trip to Spain will jolt her, after all the attention you have been giving her.

Have fun with the speedo guys!

Me & H: 44
D7, D6, S3
Together: 20y, M: 17y
EA: 11/13/10, Sep: 12/23/10
EA becomes PA: Spring 2011
H filed for D: 09/06/12
D Negotiating began 2/15
OW seemingly gone on 3/15
Still negotiating D

Page 6 of 12 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis