Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
C
C
Great to hear! Good luck to you as your care continues!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
K
K
Great to hear 2!!

Me: 36
Her: 35
Together 7/09
Married 8/7/10
Separate rooms since at least April 11
"I've decided I want a divorce" 12/5/11
She moves out of state/files 2/7/12
Dissolution final 5/12
OP Offline
I will continue to care for my w as long as she needs me to. But I think my days as a care giver for my W will be severely numbered. We'll have to see. But I really don't see my W letting me hang around too long after she is released from the hospital.

I think she is going to move right back into her fog and continue to stumble along looking for whatever it is she is seeking.

Let's just say that I'd be totally shocked if she decided after her near death experience and deep look at her own mortality to consider a R.

So my expectations are low to non-existent. And I am totally prepared to continue moving on.

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
B
B
So crazy right not even near death can shake 'em. I didnt have even close to the experience you had but I did spend a night in the hospital a couple of weeks ago and my H barely flinched. These people are rocks!! It is Linsanity

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

C
C
2- your expectations are where they need to be. I wish that weren't the case but you're showing wisdom. How are feeling? What does your "moving on" involve? (i need some ideas!)

OP Offline
Originally Posted By: ces67
2- your expectations are where they need to be. I wish that weren't the case but you're showing wisdom. How are feeling? What does your "moving on" involve? (i need some ideas!)

Moving on for me at this time means more of the same but more detached. I am really trying to be less affected by her actions or non actions. For example, the other day I found a pair of mens skivvies in a pile of laundry that do not belong to me. I was shocked at first to discover them but did not have any emotional reaction.

Also, ramping up my GAL, being in the company of people of the opposite sex, not for hook ups, just company and a few laughs. Trying to make a new place for myself in the world. Reinventing myself sort of.

This is what I mean by moving on. This way if things continue to go south, I will have begun to carve out my own little niche.

Make sense?

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
S
S
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint

So my expectations are low to non-existent. And I am totally prepared to continue moving on.

Good job 2^^^^^!

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
R
R
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
I will continue to care for my w as long as she needs me to. But I think my days as a care giver for my W will be severely numbered. We'll have to see. But I really don't see my W letting me hang around too long after she is released from the hospital.

I think she is going to move right back into her fog and continue to stumble along looking for whatever it is she is seeking.

Let's just say that I'd be totally shocked if she decided after her near death experience and deep look at her own mortality to consider a R.

I so understand how you feel and how you will handle this. Very much the same for me in this way.

C
C
This is what I mean by moving on. This way if things continue to go south, I will have begun to carve out my own little niche.

Make sense?

It does makes sense. Just struggling with myself on how to get to this point emotionally & mentally for myself. Thanks.

A
A
Originally Posted By: ces67

Make sense?

It does makes sense. Just struggling with myself on how to get to this point emotionally & mentally for myself. Thanks.

It's a conscious decision that you make...and you commit to doing it. And you do. That doesn't mean there won't be backslides...there will. But overall, you stay true to your commitment. When you mess up, you learn and go on...moving forward in a positive way. It's the hardest thing you'll ever do. But you can do it if you want to bad enough.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard