Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35
C
C
keep us updated. mine was with another woman, and i exposed it and he went postal.. they hadnt completed the plan of both getting divorced (him first, then her) and then just happening to meet. now family and friends know that the secret love birds had this planned all along while the spouses were home doing the best they could - in the dark the whole time....

W
OP Offline
W
Ya, there was another guy involved just before she left. It was clearly an emotional affair, which of course she denied. My guess it was physical as well.
So who knows.

But really, I just want to get to the point of not caring.

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

L
L
Detachment is your friend.

Volunteer at a hospital or with the elderly or something that gets you out of yourself. Show your kids that there is more to this world than "endless fun". Remember Princess Diana doing all that work with AIDS patients and people who lost limbs to hidden mines?

If anyone on this earth had the means to just "have fun" it was her. But she was bigger than that. Or she grew bigger than that.

And I'll bet she didn't think too much about Charles and Camilla. They became pretty small I bet, in the whole scheme of things...

I volunteer with my local Hospice. Have a dying 95 year old man that I have been visiting for the past 2 months.

It helps put things in perspective. Helps make sense of this. Brings back a purpose.

Helps to detach.

K
K
Quick hijack: Hi Laura! sounds if you are doing really well. Stop by my tread sometime and we can catch up.

I have known a few couples that divorced and then reconciled/remarried. They seemed to get all their issues out of their systems before they could reconcile. Keep working on you and get yourself to a place where you are happy just being you. There is no time clock, we all get there in our own time.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
W
OP Offline
W
LO,

Thanks for stopping in to post.

You are absolutely right. I have been thinking about projects of social value that I might get involved in.

Yep, detachment is your friend.

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

C
C
im still waiting for some major event to occcur - like you meet someone and thats it for ex

Page 35 of 35 1 2 33 34 35

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard