Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 35 1 2 32 33 34 35
J
JMC Offline
J
Originally Posted By: whitneypinch
I think it's time to move forward.

I have been on these boards for 3 years now and only know of a handful of spouses that have come back.
I would also "guess" that is only the men that come back.

This has been my opinion as well. There have been other sites I have checked and it appears that men come back more than women. However, that could be because more women use these forums. Who knows. Howeve, at my high school reunion last fall one of my classmates did get re-married to his ex-wife who had left him for an OM. Not sure how long they were divorced and all the details as I received this information second hand and did not get a chance to talk to the actual source.

I also wonder about the statistic regarding relationships and ultimately marriages that fail. It has been a while since I have checked my sources, but I remember seeing that most affairs end anywhere from 6 months to 4 years and 85% of marriages to the affair partner end in divorce within 5 years. However, I can think of four cases off the top of my head where that has not been the case.

Anyway, just my $0.02. I had a lonely weekend and for whatever reason was thinking about her more than usual. Oh well, as someone posted there are good days and bad days as we continue to GAL.

Me: 48
Ex-W: 45
M: Nov '96, together since Oct 93
Bomb: on 10-yr anni - Nov '06
OM
Separated: mid-Feb '07
Divorced mid-July '08
One daughter - 28
XW living w/OM
W
OP Offline
W
Yep, good days and bad days for all of us !

I had a GREAT weekend with my 2 kids. I rode a 25km charity bicycle ride with my 8 year old daughter. My kids and I have been restoring a 1949 Schwinn tandem bike for months. We just finished it in time for my daughter and I to ride together this weekend in the event.
She had a great time and will remember it forever.

Of course my XW sent an email asking how the ride went? You can just imagine what I really wanted to say to her back. But I just wrote it was GREAT and sent her some photos.

In the end our spouses lose so much of their children's lives through divorce.

When we all are on our death bed how many of us will say "I wish I had more time with our kids?"

Good riddance all you Walk Away Spouses !

I am DONE !

Me/W: 46/36
D7.6/S6
T/M: 7.5/6.5
Bomb 12/05/07
D final: 03/03/09

C
C
nice work

W
OP Offline
W
Yep !

I sent my XW a note yesterday telling her to stop contacting me after every experience I have with the kids. I told her if she wants to know how an event went then she can ask the kids when they are with her.
She replied "ok, as you wish".

I don't have a clue who my XW is anymore.

Done ! Done ! Done !

D7.6/S6
Bomb 12/05/07

C
C
im still shocked that after all this time she hasnt introduced a new guy to the kids. i wonder what she will think when you meet up end up with some smart pretty woman.

W
OP Offline
W
I don't think she is seeing anyone.

D7.6/S6
Bomb 12/05/07

C
C
maybe lesbian? not that theres anything wrong with that?

W
OP Offline
W
No, just really social with lots of friends and family.
Trust me she is having fun.

D7.6/S6
Bomb 12/05/07

J
JMC Offline
J
Originally Posted By: christienick
im still shocked that after all this time she hasnt introduced a new guy to the kids. i wonder what she will think when you meet up end up with some smart pretty woman.

Be thankful she has not. That is painful for you and the kids. At least it was for me and my daughter, 24 at the time and out of college, who had to meet OM on her mother's birthday. My daughter told me later she was devastated and proceeded to drown her disgust. Seeing that our daughter was annoyed and not having a good time my ex went over to her and said "why are you so needy?" Knowing that my then separated wife was seeing this guy I later asked my daughter if her mother had introduced her to anyone, to which my brilliant daughter replied "you mean the chain-smoking redneck?". That's my girl! That will be four years ago this fall and my duaghter is now married to her long-time beau, and she now simply states that her mom is a different person.

Me: 48
Ex-W: 45
M: Nov '96, together since Oct 93
Bomb: on 10-yr anni - Nov '06
OM
Separated: mid-Feb '07
Divorced mid-July '08
One daughter - 28
XW living w/OM
W
OP Offline
W
Thanks for the reply JMC !

To tell you the truth I do everything with my kids and love it. If I was to introduce a new person into our lives it would not work out. Honestly there is no room for it. I am ok with that.

I am sure my XW has a number of guys in her life, just none serious. She is more of the dating type.

Lately I have been putting up more and more boundaries with my X. It's an effort to push her further away. It's jut too painful to have her around.

D7.6/S6
Bomb 12/05/07

Page 34 of 35 1 2 32 33 34 35

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard