Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 62 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 61 62
M
OP Offline
M
Steal away girl! That made my day on an otherwise cruddy one!

First, my golf cart was stolen right from the front of my house in broad daylight yesterday between 10:30a and 12:30p.

Second, two older women who live at the other end of our subdivision and drive by our house every day on their golf cart had stopped by the other day to ask about the stain on the street. Gabe's car has a slow oil leak that he hasn't been able to find and can't afford a mechanic to fix. It has left a trail on the street where he turns around and a stain under his car where he parks. She is one of those old busy bodies that has nothing better to do and decided to call code enforcement about it. GIVE ME A BREAK! Ooohh...heaven forbid...there is a little oil on the street. It's asphalt! Get over it! It's not like it's actually causing any kind of danger or being tracked anywhere. It's drops. Now I have a fine from the city for "defacing public space" and orders to not park the car on the street anymore and to put kitty litter down on it. The kitty litter will make a bigger mess than the oil. STUPID! Sometimes it's great living in an affluent area and other times it's just ridiculous. Of course, living in one of the lowest crime cities of it's size in the country didn't save my darned golf cart!! ARRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!

Third, a vicious storm hit here right as I left work last night. I thought for sure I was going to be blown off the road or a tree was going to come down on me. I got lucky and made it home without getting killed but a couple of women driving on the north side of Atlanta were not so fortunate and a tree blew down on top of their convertible Miata and killed them instantly. So sad. I encountered two very large pine trees down across the road on my way home and had to divert but thankfully I missed them actually coming down.

Missed Zumba because of the storm too and that just irked me. I count on that as a stress reliever. frown

One last bit of nonsense. I finally found Marc's proposed class load from his counselor last night (school gets out today) and discovered that they did not implement what we had discussed in his IEP. He was supposed to have weight lifting (to keep physical activity in his day which helps him focus), study skills, English, math, math support and world history. Instead they put him in social skills, math, math support, English, world history and physics! No gym class and social skills instead of study skills.

That is just setting him up to fail. He had a hard enough time passing his TWO academic classes this year. I have contacted his autism triad coordinator and his counselor. We'll see.

Just a wild and crazy day overall.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

I
I
Just checking on ya (((hugs)))

when it rains it pours sometimes...but then it gives way to clear blue skys and sunshine- The Weather Channel grin

Sorry about the golf-cart! I hope you find it. I wonder if someone mixed theirs up with yours, they all look kinda the same smile

Tell the city you're outraged because here you are recycling the oil and returning it back to the earth and they're complaining...dig dig dig is that the only solution for this country? smile Although it might be more practical to just stick a cardboard or a drip pan under the car- and then tp the lady's house smile

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
M
OP Offline
M
I like the way you think IR!!! LOL

Well, I actually found my golf cart myself. Totally freaky too.

I went to pick up Marc from school at 1pm yesterday. We went back to the school for graduation at 6:30p last night. Sometime between 1pm and 6:30p the piece of crud teenagers that stole the golf cart (I assume) wrecked it on the side of the road leading into the school complex. Busted the axle, wrecked the front passenger side, ripped out the ignition, and messed up the batteries. Yup, pretty much done in. One of my neighbors owns one of the golf cart repair companies in town and his driver went and picked it up this morning. He'll call me with an estimate next week. BLECH!

I would SOOOOOO love to to go tp her house, egg it, and sit in front of it until I find every code violation she has!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
Wow. Crazy. Time to lock the keys up I guess. Must've been teenagers. Who else would joyride in a golf cart? LMAO.

YAY for graduation!!!

Just go to any Napa/Auto Zone/ whatever and buy a cheap metal drip pan. Never hurts to have one laying around anyways. They can also double as sleds in the winter. wink

What b!tchy neighbors!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
OP Offline
M
All true Michelle. The problem with golf carts is that they use universal keys so they can use any key for any EZ-GO golf cart and it will work. Heck, you don't even need that. My cousin's daughter started theirs when she was 2 years old with a pair of safety scissors and was doing doughnuts in the front yard!!!

Yeah, we're going to have to deal with the oil. It's just so cruddy of the neighbor to do that.

Got an estimate today on the cost to repair the cart. Since my neighbor is the owner of the repair shop he cut me a deal using used parts off a newer model cart he had at the shop that someone gave him. $550!!! Down from $970 using new parts. ICK!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
Well, that's a lot better than new parts. Maybe Gabe can drive the golf cart to work for a while til he can work on the car. wink

M
OP Offline
M
He may be able to take the golf cart for a while. He started a new job within the city limits this morning. 6:30a-whenever (usually 3p or 4p depending on how busy). That would mean he'd have to leave the house at about 6:00 to make it on time. Lovely...LOL. At least it's full time and more hourly so that's good. He still has his fingers in the door at the sherrif's department and is hoping that comes through soon.

I keep hearing this song and it speaks volumes to me. I thought I would share it here for anyone who feels this way. Hopefully it can be their new anthem like it mine.

Perfect by Pink
Perfect (Clean version)

Made a wrong turn, once or twice
Dug my way out, blood and fire
Bad decisions, that's alright
Welcome to my silly life
Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood
Miss knowing it's all good, it didn't slow me down
Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated
Look, I'm still around

Pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, less then perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing
You're perfect to me!

You're so mean, when you talk about yourself, you were wrong
Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead
So complicated, look how big you'll make it!
Filled with so much hatred, such a tired game
It's enough! I've done all I can think of

Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same

Oh, pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than, less then perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
OP Offline
M
It's longer than that but it cut it off for some reason and I hit enter before I realized it! LOL

The link has all the words though.

You get the idea.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
Very cool on the new job. Yay for shorter commutes. Fingers crossed about the sheriff job.

That's a great song.

Does it remind you more of yourself or of Gabe?

M
OP Offline
M
It definitely makes me think of myself. I try very hard to have positive self talk but that does not come naturally at all. My self talk has always been horrible and negative. I am SUPER good at bashing myself for everything from the way I look, what I deserve, where my life is or isn't going, what I eat, etc....it's not good. This song reminds me to stop being so hyper critical of myself and just try to enjoy what I have.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

Page 40 of 62 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 61 62

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard