Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Sleeper,

I feel for you. As a L, I used to work in the sex offender's unit with a caseload of 72 of those types of cases. (Guess you can imagine why I switched legal specialities...OMG, it's tough thing to deal with). But Unless I'm missing something, all that is happening is the prisoner is requesting early release, and this is his first such attempt, correct? I KNOW how aggravating it is, but it's not unusual.

90% of offenders have their parole denied at this stage. And the ones who are granted parole, RARELY have child molestation as their offense. Very rarely. If you think you'll be helped by it, then attend and speak your mind, or have your d do so, IF that's something she wants. It can be traumatic but sometmes it's empowering and cathartic. Ask her, without constantly reminding her. Her seeing YOUR PAIN is another thing that will burden her so perhaps there are other places for you to express your pain.

You have a lot to deal with but I don't think him being released is one of the problems you need to worry about (b/c I doubt it will happen). Also, as someone else said, HE may have more "luck" inside prison (where they often segregate the prisoners so that the molesters are not targetted) than outside...
Don't do anything that will cost your d a parent...you know what I mean, right?

Meantime...I am sending you as much strength and honor and prayers to you as I can. We all are.

(( hugs ))

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yes, ericmsant2,

He is requesting parole. I have been told and believe statistically his chances of being paroled are slim and none. However if someone had told me he would never be allowed to leave the state to live with his parents AFTER pleading guilty while awaiting sentencing I would have believed that too.

At first my fears were tempered by reading the law regarding his possible parole until I found how it is possible. Our state law allows for parole of such as him provided he is "chemically sterilized", more commonly refered to as chemical castration. I have no doubt this will be the basis of his plea for parole. He will have the support of his wealthy, well-connected family and the best lawyers money can buy.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
E
E
Sleeper

Quote:
At first my fears were tempered by reading the law regarding his possible parole until I found how it is possible.

Possible and reality are TWO different things.

Is it possible that most MLCer snap out of it - YES is it always a reality - NO.

Stop looking at what could happen to him and focus your efforts on what YOU need to do for your D.

Control what YOU can....

Contact the people you need to, in order to keep this scumbag where he belongs. After that, leave it to the man upstairs.

The more you focus on HIM and things you cannot control the less energy you will have to focus on you and your family, which is more important than this piece of chit we call a human.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thanks to all who have commented.

The bottom line is that D is "OK". She is consciously unaware of what happened to her although from dreams she has related her subconscious is aware. Neither I nor X will mention the hearing to her (It goes without saying between us).

This has raised some demons from the past for me and I believe for X as well. That is our problem to deal with individually.

Usually I see my kids daily (I'm a lucky man) but this week the kids are with X and her H out of town. They'll fly back in Sun, then the hearing is out of town but within driving distance Mon.

I'm no longer dreading the hearing but instead looking forward to having my kids back in town.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
Meantime...I am sending you as much strength and honor and prayers to you as I can. We all are.

Thanks 25yearsmlc,

Parole hearing is this AM. It's not so much that I'm fearful he will be parolled. It's just that all the memories that have been brought back to the surface has made it like reliving a nightmare.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
S
S
(((Sleeper)))

I'm praying he stays right where he belongs.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I just got back from the prison. (Isn't that a Johnny Cash tune?)

The parole hearng was canceled. Nobody bothered to inform us. Made the trip for nothing. Although due to extenuating circumstances that is exactly what his lawyer did to jerk the families around for two years.

The deja vue is complete.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
A
A
I'm sorry, Sleeper. That ain't right.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Yeah. People don't understand unless they've been through something like this. I've had to think many times over the last month what I would say at the hearing. A lot of unpleasant buried memories and emotions have come to the surface. I tossed and turned last night, got little sleep. The irony of the hearing being cancelled without notifying us, as happened with so many court procedings during the trial, is too rich for words to describe.

The drive there was no fun but it was a nice drive back (2 hrs). I took a different route and tuned the radio to a station broadcasting Haydn to unwind.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
X was hit pretty hard by this. She controls it well but did verbalize how upset she was and that what happened was, "totally like last time."

I had a dream a couple of nights ago. X and I were standing on the bank of a flooded river. We needed to cross to the other side but didn't have a boat. A guy paddled up in a one man kayak and the three of us spoke briefly. He said something off-color that I knew would disturb X. Neither of us responded to him. Suddenly the flood waters drained away exposing a firm sandstone riverbed that we could easily walk across. Just as I realized the waters were gone and we could walk across but before either of us made an attempt, we were surprised by a gusher of dirty, brown water that began spewing violently from the riverbed. It was obvious we would not be able to cross before the area flooded again.

I can't help but see similarities between the symbolism in the dream and what happened this AM. Especially now as we were told all probation hearings at that prison have been cancelled due to the Mississippi River flooding which has resulted in other prisons being evacuated and their populations moved to this one.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard