Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
J
J
...I think I understand, Sleeper...let me ammend, anything and everything that did not bring my child further harm.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

A
A
Oh, honey. I hope the cops send somebody to the hearing. No telling how many kids he did this to.

So he thought he was invincible... your D's testimony must have wiped the smile right off his face.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Her testimony had no affect upon him (he was given access to her taped testimony but we, her parents, were not allowed to view it).

He is a sociopath.

He made bail.

When rearrested the bail was raised but he moved for bail reduction hearings.

When bail reduction failed he offered to plead guilty to a portion of the charges only if the DA would allow him to leave the state so he could "spend Christmas at home with his parents".

To our shock and outrage the DA agreed to his terms. He was released and traveled two states away. His girlfriend at the time lived in France and we thought he would never be seen again.

All that occured in the first four months of a two year legal ordeal. He, with the support of his family fought justice every step of the way, even appealing his sentence first to the state courts of appeals and finally to the state supreme court.

Thank GOD the state supreme court refused to hear the appeal and let stand the appealate court affirmation of the lower court sentence. If the state supreme court had heard the case it would have opened the door for him to appeal to the US supreme court had they upheld the sentence (and he would have).

Know you know why my X fell to the floor when she was informed of the parole hearing. Getting this guy behind bars and keeping him there as long as he has been has already been enough of an ordeal.

On a positive note, I spoke with him privately after my daughter opened up to me but before he was arrested. He immediately left town for a week. When he returned he told everyone he had been in a car accident.

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
J
J
'spoke?'

words or fists?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
words or fists?

Imagine it had been your 35 month old daughter Jack.

Would it have been "words or fists"?

I'm sorry Jack. It was fists. My left and right. Although I've never met you in person I have great deal of respect for you and think you're a great guy but what is illustrated by your question is one of the things that drives me crazy about this. Nobody gets it. Nobody understands what we went through.

Friends said little or nothing. Our church was totally silent. I was a musician in our church and put down my instrument one year into the trial. I haven't touched it since. I wasn't a professional but used to play backup on my horn for a professional singer. It wasn't really a conscious decision, I just couldn't play anymore. I couldn't concentrate. I didn't want to foul up and hurt the entire orchestra's performance so I quit.

My own friggin sister said to me when the trial was over, "Well, that's all behind you now." Yeah. My daughter who is practically a toddler had been raped, we've been through two years of legal hell, been forced out of our home, our business on the verge of bankruptcy cause our bookeeper took advantage of our distraction and ripped us off so "it's all over". I have not informed her of the parole hearing.

One of the few positive memories I have in all this was watching him reach up and remove what I believed to be a small piece of tooth out of his mouth and rub it between his thumb and index finger as he looked at it.

One great regret I have had repeatedly is not killing the SOB as was my intention when I left for his apt. I called my X on the way there to tell her what I was going to do and where I had left some important things like the checkbook she would need. She made me promise not to kill him. I did. Both her and I regretted that promise in the following years to come.

He left town for a week. He told people the reason he had two black eyes when he returned was because they were the result of an auto accident.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
A
A
Maybe he shouldn't be in such a hurry to get out of jail. Just saying.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Who knows, Andabelle?

Only time will tell.

It's the SOS.

Nobody knows what to say.

Including me.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
F
F
regardless, sleeper. it's really about you.

Current Thread

P
P
Sleeper,

I don't believe I've ever written on your thread, but I have kept up with it.

I am a grandmother of 12, going on 13 grandchildren, ages 0 - 11. If my feelings of protectiveness were great as a mother, they are positively FIERCE as a Grandmother. Two of my grands live in a town that is the home of a rather celebrated missing child case. I regularly keep up on the Internet with the whereabouts of registered child molesters in vicinity of my grandchildren. ( Obsessive??)

I cannot begin to understand the anguish you have been through over your D. My concern is the amount of ANGER you have in your thread. Understandable, absolutely. Healthy? No. What I mean is if you let this consume you, then the Pedophile wins. What has this all cost you in terms of your life, Sleeper? Your anger sounds all consuming and that has to have a damaging effect on your life, and consequently on your D's.

I know you'd do anything to help your D; also do something for yourself to help detach yourself somewhat from this anger just as we've had to detach ourselves from the separation of our family unit. You cannot begin to heal until you do.

I apologize if I sound preachy. Must be the Easter Sunday thing. I do, however, believe in the saying "Let go and let God".

F
F
Right, I agree with punkin. You have to take care of yourself first.

Current Thread

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard