Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
S
S
Sleeper,

Beatrice is right. Please don't think that you shouldn't be here. Where better to come for support through any of life's challenges.

All this interconnects. You can see that clearer now. This would have thrown any parent. It profoundly affected both you and the X.

I pray that he is denied parole. He is not fit to be put back into society to prey on any more children.

Please keep posting.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Correction He recieved 25 years, not 35. (my finger hit the three rather than the two and I didn't notce).

"Fear is the mind-killer" Muad'Dib
Me 53, XW 44, DD 14, DS 12
Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
X married OM(OMH) 08/2009
Married 06/09/13
B
B
Is it possible to be there at the hearing with a blown up photo of your D at the age she was when he assaulted her? This may remind the parole board who the victim was, and who (potentially) other victims may be if he is let out. And also let them know the impact it had on your family. A letter read by someone else won't have as much of an impact, I think.

So sorry this happened to your family, and specifically to your D. These animals should be put away for life, and never let out to prey on other children again (because if he's let out, he will ... they rarely change).

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
J
J
No one should suggest that Sleeper.

This is and hopefully always will be a safe place for you.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
F
Sleeper, I am so sorry to hear that this is adding to your pain. I am wishing for the best for you.

M: 16 years
Bomb 4/07
OW 20s long gone
Divorced 11/09
I remarried New Guy
Cooperative r w/X regarding D

A
A
I think you can introduce anything to a parole that might have a bearing on whether or not the person should be set free-- I think you can bring up the fact your D was raped even though the scum was only convicted of molestation. Maybe you can submit her medical report as evidence?

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
There was no physical evidence. I know the first response to that is, "How do you know it happened"? The predator was very good at what he did. He druggged the children. He left no physical evidence. He believed himself to be uncatchable, invinceible.

He had been under investigation for a year by the local sex crimes unit before he was arrested. A search warrant had been severed on his home one month before he assaulted my daughter. Only circumstantial evidence was found, nothing strong enough to charge him. (hundreds of erased video tapes, two computers with their hard drives wiped, empty medicine capsule but no drugs (he mixed his own)).

He so much believed himself to be invincible he continued to perpetrate, I believe accelerated his activities, and assaulted our daughter one month later. The police told us they could have arrested him but wanted a higher charge so they didn't knowing he would eventually make a mistake. That mistake was our daughter. She was the first child able to remember what had ahppened as she threw up the drugs but he assaulted her anyway.

Out of the blue she asked me while I was tucking her up one night, "Daddy, why did ____ put his privates in my booty"? (direct quote)

From where would a 3 year old get the idea that it was even possible or imaginable for a man's "privates" to be "put" in a little girl's "booty" (her word for her anus)? The pure, truth filled and only answer that can be logically reached is as shocking as it is horrorfying.

He did just that to her.

I read decades ago that the USAF struggled with a method to help pilots assimilate urgent imformation in combat situations as the number of alarms, buzzers, flashing lights and incoming information was too great for them to handle. The solution was to record their children's voice to deliver status information too important to ignore: "Daddy, your left engine is on fire." They found the pilots would hear this over the din of buzzers, alarms, combat chatter that filled their helmets.

When my sweet, three year old daughter asked that question in absolute innocence with her cherub-like voice it cut to the marrow of my soul. She told me how it hurt, how she was worried about her baby brother who was crying in another room, how the perp tied her hands and how she eventually got away from him. I asked what she did when she got away. She smiled with more pride than I had ever seen in her face and said, "I ran in the bathroom and locked the door."

At that moment I knew why she had stopped going to the bathroom by her self (she potty trained early and previously was very independent) and why she insisted the bathroom door be left open after she was assaulted. More truth that was undeniable.

This was only one of several things she told me over the year after she was raped at times of her choosing, out of the blue with no way to prepare. It was like being hit by lightening every time it happened.

Now you understand the "PTSD" in my bio.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
J
J
Sleeper, man my heart goes out to you.

I'd do everything and anything I could at that parole hearing to make sure he stays in jail.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S
Sleeper, ditto what Jack said.

S
sleeper Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Quote:
...do everything and anything I could at that parole hearing to make sure he stays in jail.

That raises a whole different set of issues and regrets.

Bomb and OM 12/15/06
Separated 01/02/07
Divorced 05/13/08
Married 06/09/13
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard