Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Y
OP Offline
Y
cat

I have said the same things. I have to do everything for my D. They couldn't handle any of it.

I don't ever want my D in a group home or anything like that. I want her hoe with me. They are making it harder and harder for family members to keep them home.

Yes, some days are hard with D but the good days are the best!

Y

H
H
Hi YR!

Just catching up with you sitch! Oh, I know how said it is for you & with the gov. cutting those programs it's very hard! My parents kept my CP brother at home until he passed, almost 36 years!

I think you are doing great, taking care of you & daughter!! I'm so proud of you standing up for yourself!! You get everything you can out of that rotten h of yours! You deserve it all, you took him back years ago & now look what he is doing.

Stay strong!! Lots of hugs & prayers go to you!!!

M
M
YR:

Praying for you as you go thru this divorce and also the situation with your daughter. These darned politicians....they want to cut the programs that are most helpful and until one has walked in your shoes, they have no clue.

The Bomb: 08/05
H moves out: 06/2006
H moves back: 01/07 & Out again: 01/07
H moves back: 03/08 & Out again: 04/08
H moves back: 05/09 & Out again: 07/09
Divorced 08-12
Kids: 22, 20, 19
Y
OP Offline
Y
Happynow and MWG

Not much going on around here. My L went into the hospital with kidney failure but is finally back to work a couple days a week. He is such a good man.

Anyway, delays with the paperwork getting filed at the courthouse and my H dodging the process server is getting old. H told me Saturday that it was half the fun dodging them. Now he will get embarrased because they will probably serve him at this job, which all you know is the prison.

H decided to go to buy a Harley Davidson motorcycle. I talked to him the other day and I told him that it was wonderful!! I can gt a sidecar for my D and we can travel!!! LOL Then I told him that don't forget this a community property state. He told me that now he doesn't know if he is going to pick it up because I put the fear of God into him! LOL

He is also getting nervous that he will be struggling financially after the D. I told him that we are only going after his throat and balls. he said you aren't getting my balls and I said why not, everyone else has!!! He just looked at me.

Honestly the man has lost his mind. I am doing great. I do get lonely but I keep busy and work through it. My D is doing much better now. Thank God. We still don't know about her program if it will be closed but I pray that it ontinue to be open.

I heard a good song last week. It is what I feel in my heart, Shes gonna make it!!

Y

I
I
Well my husband has a Harley......I guess I need to put on my big girl panties on and get half of the value on the Harley...and his classic 1970 Cutlass Rallye.....I never had thought about that..thanks Cindy for pointing that out.....
It may be too late for me since he filed and we have no lawyers...I cant afford one....he would die if the judge made him sell his prized possesions or give me half the value of them.....what do you think can I still get what is mine as well?????

Done 01/2014
P
PEI Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Ilikemenow
Well my husband has a Harley......I guess I need to put on my big girl panties on and get half of the value on the Harley...and his classic 1970 Cutlass Rallye.....I never had thought about that..thanks Cindy for pointing that out.....
It may be too late for me since he filed and we have no lawyers...I cant afford one....he would die if the judge made him sell his prized possesions or give me half the value of them.....what do you think can I still get what is mine as well?????

No offense, but I'm not clear on your motivation here?

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
Y
OP Offline
Y
ILMN

I would think that you would get what is yours. Texas is a community property state. You can ask for things like a part of his retirement, (even with a current job)any money that he has saved, house, cars, child support, maintenance,etc. Did you go to a mediator? Make sure you protect yourself.

The judge will ask what each one of you want, whether or not he awards it is a guess.

Let me know.

PEI

I think ILMN's motivator is that she isnt getting anything that she had from her H and all the years she has been M. She doesnt have a L to advise her. I think she is trying to figure all of this out.

Y

N
N
YR,
I am so very sorry to read this sitch. It's been awhile since I've been here and I can't believe it. I remember you were one of my inspirations during my sitch. I trully wish you the best of everything. Words of advise... So many people advised me to get all I could get or at least be fair to myself during the divorce. Out of fear and desperation for it all to be over I gave in waaayyy too much. Looking back two years after my divorce I wish to God I would have took him for ALL I could get. I thought I was doing the right thing. Saving turmoil and heartache. I gave in to his games and now I'm broke. He's still an a** and probably always will be. And he's living the high life. Good luck to you YR.

Was theotherhalf
XH44
M44
D19
Married 21years
Together 23
Bomb 4/07
OW - MLC
Seperated 8/07
DV 6/09
New Day....
Y
OP Offline
Y
New

I have to look out for my D and myself. I will get what the L says D and I deserve. He said I will be taken care of. We havent even started the financials yet. I know I will not be taken advantage of.

I am having a huge internal struggle today. My heart and my brain are having a war. I thought I was over the crying by now but I do feel better since I let it all out!

New, what was your old screen name??

Y

N
N
YR my old screen name was theotherhalf. I understand your headache and heartache. I still struggle every day even though I am doing fine. I have to. YR, maybe let your head win this time...(((YR)))

Was theotherhalf
XH44
M44
D19
Married 21years
Together 23
Bomb 4/07
OW - MLC
Seperated 8/07
DV 6/09
New Day....
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12