Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 33 of 62 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 61 62
M
OP Offline
M
Ali, don't you find that the lotions with self tanner in them have a nasty smell? I've never found one that I can stand the scent of. I wish they smelled like coconut oil or something. smile

Stepping forward in love and with dignity intact is hard but I'm finding it worth the risks. My fears pop up every day and I battle them back by reasoning with myself. If anyone ever heard what goes on in my head they would lock me up for sure!! LOL

Had a bit of drama at the end of last week and I'm just now processing it. Gabe decided he had enough of his boss's nonsense and overwork for underpay. He called him on it (i.e. - working 7 days a week, always between 6-12 hours a day depending on what was going on with no overtime or bonuses) and the boss didn't like it one bit. Accusations flew, Gabe called him on those and the boss fired him. Just as well, he was about to quit anyway and had already gone to interview for another job. The firing makes things a little tense though since he doesn't know if this other job will come through.

He was pretty upset on Friday and I was comforting but without trying to fix it like I normally would have. I told him it would be just fine, gave him a hug, and stepped back to let him deal with it. He perked up by the next day and had already talked to the manager at the other job prospect. He's afraid that his former boss just might try to pull some underhanded stuff on him so he's a little nervous, but all in all it's going ok. Just tense.

On a happy note.....less than 3 weeks until the cruise! So looking forward to some sun and downtime. A full week of being waited on and doing nothing I don't want to do sounds like heaven to me!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
B
Quote:
Ali, don't you find that the lotions with self tanner in them have a nasty smell? I've never found one that I can stand the scent of. I wish they smelled like coconut oil or something.

I use the Hempz lotion that I found at Ulta. It is a little more expensive, but it smells good and works well. It is a pretty natural looking color, not oompa-loompa color!

"You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf." Jon Kabat-Zinn

Suzy
M: 6/22/85; D: 1/31/08
M
M
Good for Gabe for standing up to his boss! I will keep my fingers crossed about the other job!

And very good for you on not trying to fix it for him or taking his mood personally.

I just have to say this because the lawyer in me sometimes escapes..especially now that he's not working there anyways. File a complaint with whoever oversees wage and hours issues in your state. If he was doing that to Gabe, he was probably doing it to others and he needs to have his hand slapped. It'll also act as a CYA if his old boss does decide to be underhanded, Gabe will then be able to say it was in retaliation for filing the complaint, which would get his old boss and the company in big trouble.

I haven't tried the tanning lotions, I have noticed they do smell a bit odd though from being around them. Not enough to put me off them though. smile You are going to have so much fun!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
B
B
Good job handling Gabe's work situation. I bet he gets a new job sooner vs later.

Yay you for the cruise...you and Kat have me jealous. I wanna go somewhere! wink

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
A
A
Hey Mish.. Michelle's idea sounds like a good one, afterall the law is there to protect workers rights hey.

As for the cruise.. isnt it really expensive!?? I have £750 of holiday vouchers so was looking to book a P&O cruise out of Southampton UK for us and baby, but wow they cost alot!! Easily £1000 each for a weeks cruise round the Med???

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
M
OP Offline
M
Not so expensive for a Western Caribbean. Total for both of us including shore excursions in every port was about $2300.00 (about 1436.00GBP). If I had not booked the shore excursions our total was $1720.00 (1074.00GBP). It's 7 nights in a balcony cabin. SO EXCITED! Now cruises going to more exotic destinations (the Med, Baltic, South America, Hawaii, Tahiti) are MUCH more expensive. Keep in mind I also got a discount because I booked it through our agency so I payed net (the amount less the agency commission) so I saved about $200 total. Every little bit helps.

It was totally worth spending part of my tax refund. We haven't had a true vacation in almost 9 years!

Well, the state if Georgia says that if you voluntarily worked the hours knowing that you would not be paid overtime then the company does not have to follow the labor law. Gotta love the South. You don't work the overtime, you lose your job. You work the overtime, you get screwed. Really messed up huh?

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

O
O
"Stepping forward in love and with dignity intact is hard but I'm finding it worth the risks. "

smile !!!

Best,
Oldtimer
M
OP Offline
M
Awwwww....thanks OT!!!! I'm learning!!!! Stubborn as I am, I can be taught. grin

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
That's bizarre. Most states won't accept "voluntary" because there's the implied threat of being fired if you don't. States that do usually require a signed consent. That totally [censored]!

Ah well.

I'm sure Gabe will get the job thing sorted out. He's done it before, he'll do it again.

And YAY for vacation!!!!!! What a deal!!!!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
A
A
Ah, so it is still quite alot then if £1400 each for a week, but wow it will be worth it! I saw a cruise all up the fjords of Norway for about that, which we would LOVE to do, but maybe not with a baby crazy

I just want to go to Greece if I'm brave enough. I love it there, I could easily retire and go live there and funnily enough everyone in my family feels the same.. my aunt and uncle go for at least a month each year, my sister wants to live there, my parents have been lots of times. Whats not to love about Greece!? Plus I love that they were so civilised and smart, whilst we were still living in mud huts and slaying each other in a Nordic heathen stylee.

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
Page 33 of 62 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 61 62

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard