Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 31 of 62 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 61 62
M
M
Hahaha. I'm gonna be super immature and say I told you so too! Guys don't act like Gabe has been if they don't love you! grin

That's awesome on so many levels. It's amazing how having some quality time together can really open up doors. That is definitely a ton of fodder for "what works" and his love languages. Probably some good stuff to write down in your journal for future reference. smile

And so so cool about the cruise. If I didn't have to be at my Army drill weekend, I'd so buy a ticket! That sounds like a total blast!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
OP Offline
M
I think I should have shut myself up tonight. I sent Gabe a cute little Photobucket pic that said "No One Loves You Like I Do". Oooopsssss.....I got a thank you. That was really dumb of me. I know better.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
OP Offline
M
OT & Michelle - You were both right. I hear ya! It was awesome to hear and just know that he cares and this isn't only about a place to live.

Now I need to learn to bite my tongue and not speak my feelings willy nilly. I don't believe he's ready to hear that and I'm not ready to be shut down. So, taking it one breath at a time and trying to find my way through the mine field. It's not easy.

On another note.......I start a weekly Zumba class tomorrow night. This should be interesting. Just hoping I don't drop over dead in the back of the room. frown

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

R
R
I LOVED reading what Gabe wrote to you!!! You deserve to be walking on clouds, but you are right in keeping your enthusiasm balanced. It is like a dance - don't overwhelm him, now. He gives a bit, you give back.

Zumba is SO much fun! Just be careful not to over-do it; it is ok to modify the moves.

A
A
Just lap it up Mish.. hold onto it, he took a long time to build up to 'saying' it, so I doubt he's going to change his mind about how he feels about you anytime soon! Men don't generally chop and change with the wind, when they get around to telling you how they feel, thats how they feel.

Me, I change my mind every 5 minutes crazy

I dont know what zumba is, but it sounds painful!

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
M
OP Offline
M
LOL! It probably will be painful Ali! Zumba is an aerobic class that uses latin dance moves instead of traditional aerobic moves. It's all set to fast paced latin and pop music. We'll see how I do!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
Hold onto that. It means a lot. But yeah, don't overwhelm him. Baby steps!

It's so so so amazing to see how far you have come!

Have fun with Zumba! I've never tried it myself but it always sounded fun to me since I like to dance and all. smile

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
OP Offline
M
Just stopping by to update a little. I read everyone every day, just not a lot to say in my own little world. I think I'm scared to talk about the good out of fear it will evaporate!!! smile

There have been a few more exchanged I love you's, always initiated by him. I used to be the only one who ever said it and he would reciprocate but it usually felt like he was just parroting and that hurt. Now, I'm letting him take the lead with his feelings. I make sure to respond to him with enthusiasm but not being over the top about it. It's becoming more obvious to me that something between us has shifted in a very positive way. He actually thanked me the other day for being so supportive of him and not hassling him about getting a different job. I told him that I understand he is marking time until he can put in the appeal to the state to try to get his certification back. That date comes up in less than 2 weeks and he is getting nervous about it.

Zumba was hysterical and completely exhausting! I could barely breathe after the first song!! A whole hour and I was ready to drop dead!!! On a good note though....it burned 900 calories!!!! Good heavens! Next class this Thursday. Have you ever seen an elephant zumba? Let alone an entire back row of us???? grin

Joined a local gym yesterday. We have a new one in town that is owned by the same guy that owns all of the World Gym locations here. I used to belong to World but had to give it up when Gabe left because I couldn't afford it anymore. This one is only $15 a month and 24/7! All the equipment is new and it's not over crowded with lines for equipment even at peak time in the evening after work. PERFECT! Decided I had to stop trying to convince myself that I could do it at home. I have an elliptical in my living room and I use it but only about once a week and I need MUCH more than that. When I walk in my front door the last thing I want to do is keep moving. I need to do my housework, cook, and then PLOP!!!! LOL

One more great thing! I got a Kindle. Loving it already. My friend turned me on to a website that has listings of free ebooks to download on Amazon. PERFECT!!! Free is great!!! This is the BEST way to carry books on the cruise. I plan on doing a lot of reading in the sun.

Last...what can you all tell me about tanning? I have never, ever been to a tanning bed but I was warned by a few people that I should put a layer of color on before I set foot on this cruise ship or I could make myself miserable for the length of the cruise because I turn to instant lobster in the sun. With a layer of color and SPF50 at all times I should be ok. Trust me, SPF50 alone doesn't work for me. I burn right through it even reapplying every 30 minutes. It's really horrible. It's all the darned red undertones in my hair. frown

So...any info you can give me, tips, etc I would appreciate. This is going to be a very short term thing, not a constant. I'm scared to death of skin cancer but I also don't want to be burned to a crisp and miserable on my first vacation in over 8 years.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

K
kml Offline
K
I bet you would burn quickly in a tanning bed too.

But I recommend a sunscreen called Aloe Gator. My blond blue-eyed surfer ex-husband was able to go to places like Indonesia and surf all day and not get burned using this. It stays on very well in the water. We got it at REI, it can be difficult to find but very worth it.

K
K
They say tanning beds are just as bad for you as the sun if not worse. If you can't find the sunscrren at a local store you might try on line. So glad things are going well for you. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 31 of 62 1 2 29 30 31 32 33 61 62

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard