Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
A
A
Oh blimey, not one of those family round robins! How hurtful and unnecessary of her, she obviously has no perception of how you might feel or how this may effect you. Blow it off hey.

Wow, 8 dates and no kisses!?? I've moved in with guys sooner than that whistle I agree with Kat, just reach up and kiss him. He sounds kind of insecure about rejection if he makes a move? Did his wife leave him by any chance? So.. is there any spark, chemistry, is there an air of unbridled unrequited passion and tension in the air when you see him, or.. not really?! Maybe its not happening if theres no urge to on either side..?

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks Rysmom and Ali....

yes Al I suppose I could kiss him if I wanted to 'go there', but I am not getting any signals from him at all. In fact I only felt hesitance and fear coming off of him at the end of the date. I don't take it personally. I mean I know he likes me or he would not have gone out with me 8 times.

He said he wasn't ready for a serious relationship which I was fine with. But, it would appear he is not ready for any kind of intimacy at all which I am not so fine with.

If we just agree to be buddies and hang out together then that would actually be fine, because I would not spend half our date wondering if we are going to kiss or touch or not....but if we are supposed to be more then I would expect more.

And again, I could kiss him but ultimately I don't want to be with someone where I have to do all the pursuing. So I am just letting go and not stressing about it.

I have cancelled my membership to Match so if anyone new appears it will have to be from my circle of friends and connections

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
K
kml Offline
K
If a guy hadn't kissed ME after 8 dates I would assume he's just a buddy. Maybe your new gay best friend.

I've NEVER been on 8 dates with a guy and not been kissed. Not even sure if I've been on ONE real date with a guy and not been kissed? (Coffee dates excluded). Then again, I am from the slutty generation, free love and all that wink

N
N
BBJ, I'm having a little dilemma of my own... would love your input if you would be so kind.

find me here

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
N
N
I understand completely that you do not want to be the one to initiate the first kiss. This dating stuff is hard!

Me 54
DS19 and DS17
Married 06/1989
Divorced 01/2011
B
B
I agree completely that this dating stuff is hard!!! eek Luckily the kissing stuff is so nice that it makes it worthwhile to keep at it! whistle

BA

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Um yeah BA thanks for that reminder...I have heard the kissing is fun but apparently the guy who went out with me EIGHT TIMES did not get the memo!! confused crazy grin

There are plenty of other fish. Funny what I initially found attractive about him is that he was such a gentleman and not a loud, noisy, player type. Now it seems I find him to be too reserved.

It is hard for me to find someone who is respectful and a gentleman but also mixed with sarcasm and some flirtiness,if that makes sense.

The guys who start out teasing and smart-@ss tend to want too much physical action for my comfort level, too soon. But then the ones who respect my limits so far have also been almost too nice...there needs to be a little of that electricity Ali mentioned.

And yes Ali, the first few dates it was there. Even when we went ice skating, that was the first time he took my hand and I was surprised and delighted. blush Then the date before this one, about a month ago, he took my hand again at the movies and I liked it. But this last date, he didn't try to touch me in any fashion the entire evening and I just didn't feel any interest coming from him. So, oh well...

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Forgot to mention my Valentine's day was great! Well flowers from a cute guy would have been nice but I appreciate what I have instead of wishing for more... wink

At 7:45 my doorbell rang. I was just about to leave for work. I open the door and there stand the kids! They had stayed at their dad's the night before. They handed me cards from their dad to them (presumably to keep so they didn't have to take them to school), two boxes of candy, and then a card for me.

I hugged and kissed them both and they jumped back in with their dad to go to school. I opened the card and it said something about "so glad we are family, to share laughter and memories" or something like that and then said "want you to know you are loved". I thought it was odd it referenced family not "mom" till I got to the end and my kids had signed it from them and also from their dad.

So I texted him thanks for the card and for bringing the kids over. Later that night after Nathan's ball practice I asked if they wanted some of their candy from Dad (it was two boxes so I assumed it went with their cards from him). And Nathan said, "No the candy is for you, daddy told us to pick it out for you." So I texted him again and said sorry didn't realize it was for me and he replied, "Duh" and said he didn't buy candy for kids on Vday.

So, candy for me! However I am on a candy-free regimen so I will let the kids eat it. smile

Oh and golfer guy texted me happy v day. I suppose I should tell him I am just not that into him...

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

W
W
The "duh" really was sweet of him crazy He really just can't help himself can he!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Well Wii I know he meant it in a teasing way but you are right it was not very mature of him...

So I had a cathartic night at church. I don't know how it happened, my pastor must have just been able to read me better than I realize.

I work in the kitchen at youth group most Wednesdays but hadn't been in a couple weeks. After the last group (we get a few different age groups through over a few hours) he walked outside with me to put a church bumper sticker on my car. Once we were away from the other people he asked me about Nathan. He said he seemed a little angrier lately...that led to a convo about Nathan and Dan and some of his jerkier interactions with our kids.

Then somehow that circled around to me. We had walked back into church and were in the kitchen. I said something about some goals I have for keeping the house clean and organized and he says, "It wasn't your fault." And my voice wavered. I didn't think he would male that connection. I just said, "No, but still it is good to have things organized..." And he cut me off and said, "It's not your fault." Again. And I started crying and tried to respond back again and he just stepped over and put his arm on my shoulder and said, "Even if you had the cleanest house possible, it's not your fault..." And I started crying! I didn't realize I am still blaming myself on some level for his affairs and leaving me, but I guess I am bc as he said that to me it just brought me to tears...

So then I regained composure and thanked him for listening to me. For 28 we have a pretty wise pastor. I am so happy for him and his fiancee that they found each other bc they are awesome people.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard