Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16
F
F
Dixie

Here is a suggestion for you and it might be fun. Go to a store that sells those little plastic dinner plate ornaments and see if you can find a small plastic fruit thingy - small enough that you can put it in your purse, or even take it out and put it on the table beside your plate - to remind you of the Fruits of the Spirit during your dinner - just like snapping the elastic band on your wrist thing -only this will be more FUN. If you have a little banana, apple or pear sitting there during dinner you H is going to look at that and go "what is that for ???" - if he asks you can just say something like "inspiration" and leave him wondering WHAT has gotten into you. You can just sit there and smile peacefully knowing that its YOU AND GOD sitting there across from him - he does not stand a chance against the two of you.

If you go into this dinner with a smile in your heart and actually have some fun with it - I will guarantee you one thing - he is going to be leaving that dinner thinking to himself -WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO THAT WOMAN ??? and what's with the happy face on her ???? He will go home thinking about you - and CONFUSED - this is a good thing.

Messing with his mind a bit never hurt - as long as its done with love -which you have in spades.

Good on ya girl - go get em.

FL

FL

M-58
W-56
Married 33 years
BOMB -Sept/10
Separated 8 months

BITS (of Fruit)
Firstlove

"Go Confidently in the direction of YOUR dreams - Live the life you've imagined"
- Thoreau
Z
Z
DG:

My fellow BITS! I just got caught up on your sitch. It sounds like you had a super session with your DB coach. I wish I could afford a session myself. SHe gave you fantatastic advice and I think your are going to kick some major booty on Thurs!! Your H is going to be so confused because he's expecting the OLD version of DG. The new one will have him scratching his head in utter amazement; like wtf?!!!

And I am so jealous you flew a plane!!! How freakin' cool is that?!!!

BITS

M: 48, H: 42 Kids: 0
T: 20 yrs M: 16 yrs. (H's 1st, my 2nd)
WAS/MLC: 12/7/09-I'm not the wife HE deserved
Came home per L: 12/26/09, Left again: 2/6/10
Served: 10/21/10, D FINAL: 6/15/11
Z
Z
FL:

I resonate with your posts. All the things our W feels that you lised is the exact same that my H feels. I will admit that I am not an overly religious person, BUT, I loved the Fruits of the Spirit and the idea of finding a small plastic fruit thing, putting it on the table etc. It's very cleaver in a very positive way. I think I may try to find one in a dollar store just as a reminder for myself and how far I've come on this unwanted journey. Having said that, this unwanted journey has forced me to better represent myself everyday.

Welcome to the BITS btw...!

BITS

F
F
Zeng

Hey - how fun would that be - all of us BITS out buying cheap plastic pieces of fruit for our next meeting with our DB targets - we could start a revolution - we could put Fruit of the Loom out of business by being DB Fruits of the Spirit - lets start a club smile

On your not being overly "religious" either am I - I am not much a fan of "religion" and all of its trappings. I like to think of myself more as a follower of Christ and the hope that He has for us to live an abundant life. Truth be known, Christ was not a fan of "religion" either -that was at the very foundation of his message of freedom. That is another story though.

Lets just say this about that - I think we all could do little wrong if we just practice all of those Fruits in all of our relationships, be it with our spouses or with the person at the grocery store or at the gas station - irrespective of where we find others and our interactions with them, the Fruits are a good thing - in my opinion.

We could start a new forum group here and just call ourselves "The Fruits" and have everyone else on here try to figure us out - how FUN would that be smile It would be like "those people in the "Fruits" forum are NUTS !!!!

Just saying here - goodness, compassion and generosity beget goodness, compassion and generosity - what would become of us all if that became an epidemic in our lives - things would just get out of control !!!!!

Many of us are on "unwanted journeys" but if we are lucky -we all might learn a thing or two on the way. What I like about the forums and people being open and honest here is that there are like souls in like boats as it were.

Here is a quote for the day

"Friendship is born at that moment when you say - What ? - you too - I thought I was the only one"
- C.S. Lewis

Therein lies the fabric of the BITS - and I am proud to be a member with fellow Bravehearts such as you all.

FL

M-58
W-56
Married 33 years
BOMB -Sept/10
Separated 8 months

BITS (of Fruit)
Firstlove

"Go Confidently in the direction of YOUR dreams - Live the life you've imagined"
- Thoreau
D
D
Originally Posted By: Firstlove

"Friendship is born at that moment when you say - What ? - you too - I thought I was the only one"
- C.S. Lewis

Therein lies the fabric of the BITS - and I am proud to be a member with fellow Bravehearts such as you all.

Love the quote FL... the only requirement to be a member of the BITS is that you have the 'sign'... either sign off BITS... or have it in your signature! smile

BITS
Denver

M 43
T 13
W moves out of home 11/2010
Roller coaster from hell 2/2011-5/2012
I request divorce 5/2012
W moves home 6/2012
Good time 7/2012 - 1/2015
I leave 3/2016
process of divorce
F
F
Denver

Got it

How's this

M-58
W-56
Married 33 years
BOMB -Sept/10
Separated 8 months

BITS (of Fruit)
Firstlove

- Thoreau
Z
Z
We should become BITS of Fruit! LOL....cheesy, I know but at the same time it is kind of cute! ;-)

BITS

Z
Z
Originally Posted By: Firstlove
Zeng

Hey - how fun would that be - all of us BITS out buying cheap plastic pieces of fruit for our next meeting with our DB targets - we could start a revolution - we could put Fruit of the Loom out of business by being DB Fruits of the Spirit - lets start a club smile

On your not being overly "religious" either am I - I am not much a fan of "religion" and all of its trappings. I like to think of myself more as a follower of Christ and the hope that He has for us to live an abundant life. Truth be known, Christ was not a fan of "religion" either -that was at the very foundation of his message of freedom. That is another story though.

Lets just say this about that - I think we all could do little wrong if we just practice all of those Fruits in all of our relationships, be it with our spouses or with the person at the grocery store or at the gas station - irrespective of where we find others and our interactions with them, the Fruits are a good thing - in my opinion.

We could start a new forum group here and just call ourselves "The Fruits" and have everyone else on here try to figure us out - how FUN would that be smile It would be like "those people in the "Fruits" forum are NUTS !!!!

Just saying here - goodness, compassion and generosity beget goodness, compassion and generosity - what would become of us all if that became an epidemic in our lives - things would just get out of control !!!!!

Many of us are on "unwanted journeys" but if we are lucky -we all might learn a thing or two on the way. What I like about the forums and people being open and honest here is that there are like souls in like boats as it were.

Here is a quote for the day

- C.S. Lewis

FL

You have great insight FL. Your perspective is dead on. I'm going to print the fruits of the spirit and put it on my desk for reference daily. It's yet another positive message.

WELCOME to the BITS! Looking forward to getting to know you thru these wonderful boards.

BITS

F
F
Zenygypsy

Never let a good suggestion go to waste I say

Maaaaavalous - simply maaaaavalous

M-58
W-56
Married 33 years
BOMB -Sept/10
Separated 8 months

BITS (of Fruit)
Firstlove

- Thoreau
F
F
Zenggypsy

Having Fruits irrespective of the situation one finds oneself in is much like

Singing in the Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmCpOKtN8ME

enjoy - Mr. Kelly had it right on this one

M-58
W-56
Married 33 years
BOMB -Sept/10
Separated 8 months

BITS (of Fruit)
Firstlove

- Thoreau
Page 13 of 16 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard