Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 62 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 61 62
D
D
Well here, if we think it might snow, we all stop to look!

Actually it often snow on the mountains, just ten miles away!

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
M
M
I remember going to visit Ft Benning when XH was there. It had snowed in and around Atlanta and everyone was freaking out. I thought it was hysterical.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
OP Offline
M
I made it to work and back yesterday. They let us go a couple of hours early yesterday but not today. It was actually worse today because the ice was thicker. Nearly wrecked twice on my way in. I'm off in two hours but thankfully the temps have gone up a few degrees so some of the ice seems to be melting a little.

It always looks like armagedon is occuring when we get a snowflake let alone something this bad that actually shut down highways and interstates. I made the mistake of going to walmart Saturday morning with the rest of my darned city apparently! I was in line 45 minutes to get out of there!!! YUCK!

On the TV saga, I may have found a way to get Target to take it back. Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Now, because I am electronically cursed, my laptop hard drive died last night. So much fun!!! My desktop has 'thermal events' all the time so won't work more than a few minutes. The fan works. No one can figure out why unless I pay more than the thing is worth to have it fixed.

CRAZY!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
I will keep my fingers crossed for you on the driving (and the TV of course). Do you have chains?

As for your desktop, the heat sink on the processor might be dry. (I think desktops use a heat sink like laptops do) It's filled with this special goo that conducts heat away from the processor. It has to be replenished every few years. Has that been checked?

I guess the good news is that hard drives are getting cheaper every day. Sorry that you are being bombarded with stress right now though!

M
OP Offline
M
I haven't ever heard of goo in my desktop. Hmmm....I'll have to ask someone about that. Is it something I would have to get a professional to do or is it as easy as expanding the memory? That was super easy. smile

Well, the laptop is a goner. It would be over $300 to fix it. Not worth that. I'm just going to have to get a new one. At least those are getting cheaper by the day too. I actually think I already found a good deal on one that has everything I need for $429. It's going to be a little bit of a stretch but I have just enough in savings to cover it. Who needs a vacation anyway? LOL Oh well....I tried.

Taking Gabe with me Saturday morning to try to return the TV. I can't take it by myself and Marc can't be relied on to keep a good enough hold on it getting it into the store. smile

On another note....my best friend's dad is having a kidney transplant today! A friend that we went to high school with is giving him hers. Her parents are best friends with my best friend's parents and she happened to match on every point! It's a miracle. He was going to have to start dialysis within 6 months if he didn't get a transplant. The doctor had open space this week for the surgeries so they are in the middle of it right now. Prayer for their recovery would be appreciated!

Love you all!!!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
It's super easy really. It would help to know the maker of the desktop and such, but you can google it and the basics don't change much.

Basically, buy heat sink compound (I've also heard it called thermal paste). Then pull the cover off and find the heat sink. Take it off, clean everything up, apply a TINY amount (literally like a dollup the size of a split pea (just enough to make contact when you put stuff back together), reattach it and make sure it has a good bond. Then try booting up the computer. If it works, put the cover back on the desktop and you should be set for a while.

It's amazing how cheap technology gets. I was browsing for an SD card. Micro SD cards are basically the same price. And they now have a 32GB SD/microSD card available! I bought an 8GB for less than $12. Crazy!

M
M
Stupid edit button....

Oh and about your friend's dad...that is totally AWESOME! Hope everything goes well!

(((Mishka))) Love you too!

M
OP Offline
M
My friend's dad is doing very well with his transplant so far. He should be released from the hospital tomorrow. The donor was released the day after the surgery! That amazes me to no end!!

On another happy note, I got Target to take the TV back and give me my money. Of course, there are no TV's of that size for that kind of deal now and the picture on my old TV (that I had thankfully kept!) is fuzzing and rolling. It makes me naseous to try to watch anything. grin I'm going to have to replace it very soon. Shopping around.

On a bummer note, my laptop is fixable but it will cost nearly as much to fix it as it will to buy a new one! That is just crazy isn't it?

Marc and I had a total blast at the Packers vs. Falcons game Saturday night. He wasn't too thrilled with the outcome (my Packers thrashed his Falcons 48-21) but he did have a great time anyway. When he saw that the Packers were goin to play the Bears for the first time in 70 years for the championship he wanted to know if we could go to Chicago for the game. I haven't laughed that hard in YEARS! I played along for a few minutes and said, oh sure....we'll go! Let's see....Chicago is a solid 10 hour drive, airfare with less than 7 days notice is a fortune, and tickets in the upper deck of the endzone are starting at $500 apiece. SURE! Let's go! LOL

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08

M
M
So many things have gotten so cheap they're just throw-aways now. Crazy.

Why wouldn't Target do an exchange???

Kids are so impractical sometimes LOL. Too funny!

K
K
But you have to love his enthusiasm!!

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
Page 19 of 62 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 61 62

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis