Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
K
K
Happy New Year!! Isn't silly string fun?? We had a blast and got to spray it at S18's friends!! Glad you had a good time.

hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
M
That sounds like a marvelous way to ring in the new year!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

I
I
Happy New Year BBJ! Sounds like you had a great time celebrating New Year's with the kids smile

Here's to a better 2011 for all of us! cheers!

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
New Year's was great...back to work today, not so much!

The holidays and the whole new year thing had me in a funk. There were a couple days in there where I cried. A lot. But I got past it. Now there is just this little pang of sadness and regret for what might have been. I suppose that is normal this time of year.

I have found myself thinking about HG more this week, too. I just really enjoyed our last date. The ice skating was fun, and then when he suggested we go for a walk, it was even better. Walking along the water with all the lights in the trees, very pretty. Even once we came back up and were walking past all the shops and restaurants it seemed like it was just us despite the pretty heavy foot traffic. Conversation just comes easily when we hang out, we pretty much talk the entire time we are together which is usually 3-4 hours.

Anyway I really like spending time with him. Too bad our schedules don't align more although if they did then maybe it wouldn't seem as great when we got together. The whole absence and the heart thing...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
A
A
Hey Bobbi, Happy New Year! I'm sorry to hear you were sad, but its inevitable hey.

Its great you have found someone you enjoy spending time with and there is no pressure there to move the relationship on at all. Loneliness is so horrible so yes, its a shame his schedules out of line.. small suggestion, can you see if Dan will switch weekends, so you can align schedules!? Means either you or Dan would miss one, or get two weekends in a row, but then its done.

Makes me smile though as it really highlights the difference between the US and the UK.. if a British guy hadnt tried to kiss you, or sleep with you by date 6, you'd assume he was either gay, or dating someone else! wink

Me:40! H:37 Together: 12yrs
IDLY & left 11/07 ADs 03/08 OW 8/08
Reconciled 05/09 now married!
my thread
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Ali, we may wind up switching our weeks starting in March...I have two contests for the speech kids I coach and they are both on 'my weekends'...so i might ask if we can just switch it up. Then things would line up which is good too. Granted we aren't 'a couple' so I don't want to change up my life just for that reason! So, we shall see. Last we chatted was NYE (friday midnight) and I am waiting to see if he contacts me...

The lonliness thing does stink, it comes and goes in waves, and I found this time that it caused me to think of connecting with HG versus connecting with Dan which is interesting.

It's funny I had a dream last night that Dan was acting like he might want back 'in'... and out of nowhere, while I was considering this, my favorite pastor I listen to on the radio/online walks up to me and basically says, "He's gone, it's done, move on!" Or something to that effect. wink

It was funny because I have been asking God to give me some guidance in general and with Dan--I have pretty much been dark on him since Christmas because that time of being together with the kids affected me and I don't want to be in that position again...and then 'my' pastor tells me to just keep on walking and doing what I'm doing! smile Hello, excellent sign!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Oh and btw trust me, he is not gay! smile He just got divorced officially last month, and was married with a minivan--literally--when he was 21. So 16 years off the market and he is very tentative. He is the one who told me he wasn't ready for anything serious and I agreed totally. I am not either. However I would like to talk to him more than once a week (and a couple texts in there too)...oh well so be it. If I had him calling every day and texting nonstop that would annoy me more!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

J
JCJ Offline
J
Do you initiate some of the communication with him? There is no harm in sending little updates about your day sometimes. I find with me that sometimes I am so stuck in LRT that I *never* initiate which just doesn't apply when you are newly seeing a guy. So long as you aren't stalking wink

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
K
K
How is it being back to school? My kids weren't looking forward to it. Now S18 loves it because he only goes half days and is going to work on scholarship apps and maybe pick up an extra shift here and there at work.

The girls switched beds on the bunk beds. D10 is now on the top bunk. I may have to get them to change back again because this morning D10 forgot they switched and fell on her bum. Poor baby.

Hope things continue to go well with HG. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I wish we started back with a short week instead of a full one! wink

Dan was ticked tonight bc Sydney's bed came today. I went home at lunch (my mom met the delivery guys)and took a pic and showed it to her back at school. Well I guess when he picked her up she wanted to come see her bed. He is mad that I told her it was here since she is at his house the next few days...he actually asked how I expected him to 'handle' tonight with her wanting to come here.

Well, I handled her asking if daddy could come home as her Christmas present...and I handled nathan last week asking if Daddy and I could get married again in the backyard someday. So he can 'handle' Sydney wanting to come see her bed.

Things are continuing on the same slow path with HG....I decided to heck with it and sent him a text last night hoping he was having a stress-free week. I did that bc last we talked he was having a lot of drama...

He replied back that he doubted he would have a stress free week any time soon but it was a pretty good week. And said something about going to watch his daughter play volleyball. Then he sent me another one apologizing for being a "Debbie Downer" and saying he had way too much to be thankful for.

That just cracked me up bc I LOVE the Debbie Downer skits on SNL.... smile

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard