Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Wow! I found this post very insightful! Hello. I am new to this site and I have been dealing with co-dependant issues in my life (as well as my H's MLC). Detaching seems to go hand in hand with letting go of co-dependancy. Didn't connect the two before. What really struck me was the statement "Resentment comes from people not doing what you want them to do--and resentment kills love." Kinda gave me chills because my H told me 2 months ago that he doesn't want to become "resentful" towards me. I am viewing his statement in a different light here. Hopefully when I can figure out how this forum works I will post my story. So much good stuff here. Hope I can find this thread again..... Ange

Ange
ange
just go to the bottom of the page after you are signed in, and click on favorites link. It will add this post to your favorites and you can find it on your home page.

Joyful
Geepers joyful! Tried that and I am lost. Not a good tech person here. Well geez am not a dumbo except when it comes to new fangled puter forum stuff! LOL at me here.

Ange
Ummmmm? Help anyone??

Ange
try clicking this..... Sue's detaching vs controlling behaviors thread

after you click on it then it will be added to your home page on this forum that you go to after you log in. Or you can go to it by clicking on the My Home at the top of the page.

I am not sure if that will work but if not its the link at the bottom of this page of Sues. Right above the print link.

Joyful
T/Y joyful. I finally got it.......lol

Ange

Ange
Quoting Ange:
Geepers joyful! Tried that and I am lost. Not a good tech person here. Well geez am not a dumbo except when it comes to new fangled puter forum stuff! LOL at me here.

Another thing you can do is to add the page to your list of favorites by using the brower controls at the top of your screen.

Mr. Z

Thank you Mr Ziff. I need all the support I can get here! LOL

Ange
UP!!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
U
U
Sue,

I am a recovering addict. It is my addiction that led to my seperation. The addiction resulted in a slew of bad behavior, including a need to control, being volitile and critical. In working with my therapist, we have come the the realization that I am also extremely co-dependent and that my addiction is a result of that co-dependency. (I am a child of a severe alcoholic). Needless to say, I am so addicted to my W and this seperation has literally torn me apart. I have not resorted to my old addiction, because I have a new addiction in my W. While together I had emotionally detached and was consumed by my addiction. Now that I am recovering, how do I detach from my W (and deal with my codependency ) without detaching (more of the same behavior). How do I go and work on me, not worry about her or us, while still showing love, support and care. Any words of advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard