Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
And tonight was Date #6 with HG. We finally got to go ice skating! It was actually low 40s and misting so not cold at all! smile As soon as we got on the ice I was wobbly and he held his hand out to me. So we held hands the whole time we were skating. Which is the most action we have had so far! wink

The downer was I just got my hair done (cut/highlights and lowlights) today but with all the mist it got pretty deflated and drowned rat looking...on the bright side it got kind of wavy which it never does normally. smile

While skating I saw one of Nathan's classmates...I don't think he saw HG since we were waiting to buy bottles of water at the time and not holding hands. Nathan doesn't know I am dating so that would be awkward. I also ran into a high school classmate on the ice; had not seen him in 10 years so that was kind of wild...

Anyway we went skating for about 90 minutes, then we walked around the Old Market area of Omaha--google it, it's a nice little area! There is a little river-stream running through the area so we went down to the water's edge and walked the trail there, all the trees had lights in them and it was quite pretty. I got the feeling he might have wanted to kiss me while we were walking, but he didn't.

Then we walked back up to street level and he asked if I wanted to get a drink. So we went to a brewery place and got a beer and split some chips and salsa.

When he walked me back to my car he said he had fun and (again) said he wasn't really ready for anything serious and just enjoyed hanging out with me when our schedules lined up. He said this right after giving me an extra long hug and me just enjoying being there in his arms for a bit...it is clear he is really gun shy. He said he was having some drama with his daughters (his ex just announced she is moving into her boyfriend's house so now the girls will be living with the OM half the time...ick...and they don't want to live there) and he was not sure how much support they would need.

I just told him no worries, glad your daughters are your priority one bc my kids are for me, too. That I had no plans or expectations and just enjoyed hanging out when we got the chance. Maybe this makes me weird, but I meant it. I don't want a serious relationship right now, just companionship and time with someone I like spending time with when I can.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
L
L
Glad you had a nice time, BBJ. Yes, there's no need to rush into anything. Seems like most of the time people rush into things and then rush right out again. Friendship and nice experiences are good things just by themselves.

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks. Even if we are just friends who go to basketball games and do other things together, that is fine with me. I don't want to rush into a physical relationship before I am ready and wind up with regrets...

A guy friend of mine thinks it is weird that HG has not tried to kiss me after this many outings but honestly I like it this way. Some people are ready for a passionate fling even if it is short term. I thought I might be but turns out, I am not. I made out with Golf/Luau guy a couple months ago and I just have no desire to see him anymore. Got that hormone thing out of my system and that was it...I genuinely like HG and would rather just hang out in a friendly way than push anything.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
B
It all sounds good to me. Just having some companionship with someone you really enjoy being with is great! Not having any stress to take the "relationship" to another level is priceless! Enjoy it!!

BA

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Couldn't agree more, BA (is it wrong that whenever I type BA I think of the "A Team"?) smile

I don't want a full out R with anyone but I do like having someone who seems to be a genuinely good person to spend time with. The ice skating was so fun!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

K
K
It sounds like right now, you are both building a friendship and then see if more comes later. No pressure can be so nice. smile
I hope you have a wonderful New Year's.

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
C
C
Happy New Year. One of my coworkers is leaving the paper and moving to Des Moines. When he told me, I wondered whether that's close to BBJ?

Me: 47, Ds 17-13, D final 6-11
http://tinyurl.com/yk4e2tz
http://tiny.cc/thread2
http://tinyurl.com/ydtphqu
http://tinyurl.com/thread4
http://tinyurl.com/3sm78k6
http://tinyurl.com/thread6
M
M
Happy New Year BBJ!!!!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: ClingingToHope
Happy New Year. One of my coworkers is leaving the paper and moving to Des Moines. When he told me, I wondered whether that's close to BBJ?

My sister lives there. It is 145 miles from here. Not bad, I can make it in 2 hours if I hurry! smile

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Originally Posted By: mishka422
Happy New Year BBJ!!!!

Happy New Year to you, too Mish! Ready to leave this year far behind me...

I kissed my kids at midnight so not sure what that bodes for next year... I also traded Happy New Year wishes with HG via text. I was home w/my kids and he with his. How it should be...

The kids and I celebrated New Year's at eight with silly string and yelling and hats. Then I took them to see the newest Narnia movie. Got back in the door at straight up midnight, so I kissed them both as I carried them in to bed. They both crashed hard in the car. Go figure, it was late! And the eight year old is getting harder and harder to carry as he is pushing 60 pounds and getting taller every day!

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard