K
So did they win?

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
M
OP Offline
M
Sadly no. It was a horrible trouncing. They ended up 14-1. The 1 being the MOST important one. It's like they got into the dome and were overwhelmed and freaked out and forgot how to play. frown SAD.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

M
M
Awww. Bummer!

Still, very cool they got to go!

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
M
OP Offline
M
Sorry guys, I'm having a rough time right now. It's most likely a combination of the cold (yes, I know, it's not that cold compared to other parts of the country but it's been crazy cold for here), I'm coming down with something (chest congestion and coughing), still dealing with grief and feeling sorry for myself.

Yeah, it's not a pretty picture in my head right now. frown

I've started to insulate myself from everyone and everything. It's not healthy but I'm finding it impossible not to. Went to church Sunday and avoided everyone I know. Made sure to get there 2 minutes late so there would be no seating anywhere but the balcony where no one I know sits. Avoided my family after church. Skirted out the door as fast as I could while avoiding eye contact. Normally I would have called a friend to see if they wanted to get together to watch a movie or something this weekend sometime. Nope. Didn't do it. I don't sleep much. I go to work, work late most nights, and then come home to make something for dinner and then plop on the couch for the remainder of the night without moving.

Today my cousin sent me a text to ask if I was going to Florida on the 27th. Soon after mom died she had told me that she and her daughter were going to have to go to Ft. Walton for a basketball tournament the week between Christmas and New Year's. Our cousin lives down there so we could visit with her too. I had realized when she was talking about it originally I had just jumped in and invited myself along without thinking about it. How rude! I was so embarrassed that I had done that and I never mentioned it again. Also, I had sent my cousin in Florida a cute little mooning elf text at Thanksgiving and she responded that she was offended (OMG!) and that embarrassed me horribly too. I don't think I could face her after that. I feel I'm in the way anyway so best if I just cocoon here that week. Heck, maybe I'll give up my vacation time and just work that week.

UGH...see what I mean? Bad, bad, bad time right now.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

R
R
Cocooning is normal after all you've been through. It's not something that you want to get stuck in and have last forever, but it sounds like you just need to pull back in a little and regroup.
Maybe set a date for a week or two from now, something you can commit to that is fun. Promise yourself that you will go do it.
Then give yourself permission to hibernate for a little while. Take a bubble bath. A nap. Just some self-care, even if that means zoning in front of the tv and not thinking about anything for a bit.

S
S
Mischa, your cousin overreacted about the mooning elf. Mooning elves are FUNNY!!!

It's normal to go through periods of wanting zero contact with outsiders and isolating yourself, as long as it doesn't become a pattern. So last weekend you had a down/sad time... maket his weekend fun. Do something you've been putting off. Get your nails done! Go see a movie, friend, stay home and cook a new meal smile

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
K
K
Let yourself mourn your Mom. It takes time even when you see it coming. To this day I still miss my grandmother terribly and it has been 13 years. I didn't feel as if I got to mourn properly. Everyone didn't understand why I didn't just get over it.(Mostly ex's family). With my Mom it just seemed to hurt her more to talk about her. I would go to her grave and talk to her quite often in the beginning. I go sometimes now when I want to be conforted.

Let people help you and take the time off if you have it. You need to not keep being bombarded by other people right now.

love ya. hugs, kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
B
B
Mish do what feels right to take care of you. Just make sure your hibernation is temporary...hugs.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
J
JCJ Offline
J
Do what you need to do for you
(((Mishka)))

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
M
M
Don't apologize sweetie.

It's okay to hibernate for a little while. Give yourself some time for yourself to just be lazy, to be alone. It's normal to not want to deal with people and stuff for a little while. Just give yourself a week to do that, and then make sure you get out after that.

I vote you still take the time off, even if you just spend it at your house.

I think your cousin overreacted to the elf as well, but just say sorry, I thought it was funny, I'll be sure not to pass along anything like this in the future. End of story. At least she told you she was offended so it's out in the open, and that should be the end of it. Might be worth it to go see her and make some good memories if you're up to it.

As for your cousin who's going to FL, it doesn't sound like she was at all put off by you "inviting yourself along". So go if you want!

Most of all, just be patient with yourself. Your mom just died, it's not like everything is fine and you have to be full of energy and cheer all the time.

(((Michelle)))

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
Page 15 of 62 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 61 62

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard