Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16
L
L
Originally Posted By: seeking answers
Originally Posted By: LanceSijan
I wish I had "heating material" but not wood!

I don't suppose you would like to explain the above to us Lance??? LOL

NOPE!!! That would not be possible.

but I like this

Originally Posted By: Punkin
You are wasting your time. I can work with 'heating material' as well as wood. Does your heating material work on batteries or electric????

C
OP Offline
C
After having had a couple of positive encounters last week with H, I saw the other day that he had used out joint acct to pay the CC bill that he is supposed to be taking care of. Waited a day and gave him a call. He apologized and said that they asked him if they chould take the payment out of the acct they have on file and he thought it was his new one so said yes. He said he'd bring cash to cover it the next day.

Well, H did follow thru with dropping off the money...he also dropped off another load of wood. He called me at work to tell me where he put the cash so that I would find it and apologized again saying that he didn't mean for it to come out of the joint acct.

The other night I went to the required parenting class. The instructor asked ages of our kids and how new the divorce was to them and boy, there are a lot of hurt people out there. She really wasn't asking for the story behind the divorce but people were sure unloading! Had I gone to this class in the beginning, I think I would have been a mess but since I have had time to let it sink in and accept...I truly felt like I was one of the most pulled together peole there! I took away a lot from the class and believe that every state should have something like that in place.

Been awful busy this week and sure hope to get caught up on everyone else's threads soon!!!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
P
P
CW,

You are right. That sounds like something every state should require. It would help out so many people that either A) Don't think they need help, or B) Don't know where to start. We on this Board were just lucky enough while trolling around to find it, and each other.

CW, more wood, huh?

G
G
I heard that CW was getting some more wood over here again! wink .........and why is it that whenever the topic of "wood" comes up, that Punkin is right there????? confused confused confused wink wink

Originally Posted By: courageous wife
Well, H did follow thru with dropping off the money...he also dropped off another load of wood. He called me at work to tell me where he put the cash so that I would find it and apologized again saying that he didn't mean for it to come out of the joint acct.

CW, GOOD for you for not reacting to the unexpected charge to your joint account!!!! It can be so easy to overreact at times. This situation turned out to be a positive interaction for you and H.

We're proud of you!

GAG

S
S
Good for you CW. Another positive interaction! You're really getting this DBing stuff down pat!

Getting your 'heating material' set for the winter is an added plus!

C
OP Offline
C
Pun...I do think it is good and that they should require a refresher course (which, I guess they do if you go back to court to change something) as my co-worker told me that she and her H went but niether one of them are following it very well!

One of the things that stood out to me was that they recommended that you did not introduce a new person in your children's lives for at least a year after the D....wish I could see the look on H's face when he is at his class!

Quote:
and why is it that whenever the topic of "wood" comes up, that Punkin is right there?????

That is a good question GAG! laugh

Quote:
CW, GOOD for you for not reacting to the unexpected charge to your joint account!!!!

GAG...you didn't see me at home! I did react but no one was here to see it! lol! I just didn't "react" to H!!!

HI SA!!! I wouldn't say "down pat" at all but I'm learning!!!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
M
M
CW - good to hear that your H is being nicer to you lately...you are doing good job responding....keep it going

(((hugs)))

M53 H54 D17
M33Y T38Y
Bomb OW 09/09
OUT 10/09 BACK 11/09 OUT 01/10
WANTS TO R 04/10 BACK with OW 05/10
Wants to Reconcile 05/11 I said NO
G
G
CW,

Yesterday I was thinking about your H bringing wood to your home and the thought occurred to me that the decision you made last summer to stay in your house might be paying off. It's possible that your H bringing wood to you might be a thread between the two of you (like TT for me) that has the potential to grow as H attends the mandatory classes and has the opportunity to think about his decision.

Keep being that "firefly" that I described from my session with Jody. The holidays are a perfect time to fill your house with scents and homey visual images. According to research, cinnamon is supposed to be an aphrodisiac for men. I always burned a Yankee Candle called "Home Sweet Home" (a nice cinnamon scent) when H/XH came to visit. He commented on how much he liked the scent and I once caught him looking at the label, trying to figure out which scent it was. smile I bought several of them at TJ Max's home store once.

GAG

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks GAG!

H promising to cut wood last summer when he was trying to convince me to stay here was big part of why I made that decision to stay. Boy, I hope the class does make him think...

My brother is wasting no time...had D papers drawn up and gave them to his W...I honestly think they were both "done" a long time ago but her EA pushed my brother to his limit...

Quote:
According to research, cinnamon is supposed to be an aphrodisiac for men.

Funny you wrote that as I have a Scentsy warmer and just got a new fragrance "cinnamon clove" for it and the whole house smells like cinnamon! I always thought that vanilla was the scent that men were attracted to....

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
G
G
CW,

I've read that both cinnamon and vanilla work for men. If I recall correctly, cinnamon is supposed to work for women too, along with something else........I forget.

GAG

Page 8 of 16 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard