L
We could alway send a trailer load of 2x4's grin

C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: LanceSijan
We could alway send a trailer load of 2x4's grin

LOL! Got another load of wood today! smile

Thought I'd journal my convo with H today. He called this morning to ask about what S15 had going on today as this weekend is the weekend he sees the kids.

He asked me if the truck had been running ok for me as it was hard for him to start this morning. Told his I'd put a new battery in and it seemed ok.

Went on to tell me that he wished I would have called him as that battery that was in there was only about a year old and would have still be under warranty.

Then he said he had another load of wood and would drop it off when he picked up D12 and then they were going to SS's to watch the grandson's for a little while until SS got home.

He went on about the chimney and how it should be ok to go ahead and burn but that he'd clean it soon. Told him S15 mentioned getting on the roof and doing it and I said absolutely not and H agreed wholeheartedly so I said thankyou for being with me on that!

Talked about the truck some more...
Have to say he was Mr. Chatty this morning for not having talked with him for so long! I felt like we were talking as we would if we were still together...weird! When I hung up, I remembered that we really didn't finish talking about S15 but had to run to get to work so let it go...
On the way, he calls my cell phone to talk about S15 and if he was still going to get to see him so I told him I could mbring him and meet somewhere when he got home later today.

Anyway, wondered if I was too friendly with the convo when I hung up but a good friend reminded me that at this stage in the game...does it really matter? He is the father to my children and I want to have a good relationship with him no matter what!

Saw our first snow last night! Luckily, it didn't stick and the sun was out today!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
C
OP Offline
C
Oh geez! I forgot something.

He told me that he put a new door handle in the truck...(it broke off a couple of weeks ago). Said it was driving him crazy having to roll the window down to open the door. Told him thanks and that I'd pay him and he said it was only $17 and took 15mins to put in so to not worry about it!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
N
N
I am sure he misses you, CW, even while he is with OW. I agree with your friend- what does it matter at this point if you are too friendly or not. You can just be you.

I admit I feel some freedom on the interactions since we divorced. So I hope you start to feel some of that. Again, who knows what life will bring in 1-3 years from now?

Now please promise that the next time he says he paid for something that you don't offer to pay!!! Remember that you are working multiple jobs and struggling- it is the least he can do smile

(in my case I am fortunate that exH is paying more than he has to so for certain things I will offer to pay part but I wouldn't if he wasn't being generous)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

S
S
Wow CW,

Sounds like you had a very positive convo with your H! I think you handled it very well. Good on you!

I'm glad he brought you another load of heating material. (Won't mention the word as it might get Punkin started again. LOL)

G
G
Is someone talking about W-O-O-D over here??????????? blush

GAG

G
G
CW,

Your interaction with H sounds very positive. With positive interactions like this, H won't be able to help but compare you to OW.

GAG

C
OP Offline
C
Thanks NM, SA and GAG!

I am all about positive!!! I will try and not mention a certain 4 letter wood..I mean word! laugh

Want to journal this....

S15 had something going on today so when he got home, had him call his Dad where we should meet to drop him off. We met about halfway between our towns at a sandwich shop. S hadn't eaten yet so went in to grab a sandwich. H pulls up on my side of the car and I see D12 smiling and waving...I rolled down the window to tell them S was in the store and D and H both get out of the truck. D gets to the car first and says "OW is in the back seat" I just said "oh...ok" and H comes around and leans against the car casually, and we we chit chat and joke and D pokes fun of me learning how to drive the little car again after the big truck (the shifter is in a different spot and I turned on the wipers instead!). I poked fun at myself and H laughed. He glanced over at the truck a couple of times...S FINALLY came out and we said goodbye! I don't know how I held it together knowing OW was back there...the kids got in the truck and would have been a perfect opportunity to look in the back and see her but I didn't...looked at them and waved...both kids and H were in the front and they all smiled and waved back....I drove away and bawled my little heart out for the next 15mis....

What does it all mean Basil??? (Austin Powers)

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
M
M
Good for you for holding it together knowing OW was there in the truck. No way could I have done that.

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
I
I
CW -

Awesome exchange:)

IB

M-48/XH-48 M=25/T=28 years
Ds-24,22/S-18
D - 3/11
A Day at a Time
Page 5 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard