Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
D
D
Originally Posted By: soleil
Originally Posted By: desert_rat
Originally Posted By: soleil
Originally Posted By: M from Tennessee
(wouldn't it be refreshing if the gay guy had a name like Mike)

Hell no.....I don't think that would be refreshing at all... grin

you all are depressing me with this bomb anniversary talk...

hell, this is surviving....you all need to get laid... shocked

LOL. The thought of sex scares me lately. I have no idea waht that means. And I am being totally serious.

No kidding! Scares the crap out of me!

I am glad to know I am not alone. The thought of it has never scared me before but lately it does. No clue wth that means. Good question for my IC I guess. LOL.

I just hope it's like riding a bicycle. And no one laughs.

Jeff
The poster formerly known as dry_heat

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
S
S
LOL! grin

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
D
D
Well, thanks, sol! smile smile smile

Just what I needed.

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I have thought enough about it, I am SURE it will all come back to me! smile Sometimes I think I have a guy's drive... blush

Actually being home has its advantages...Dr. Oz is having a show all about sex today. Surveyed 20000 people and sharing results...Good stuff.

One question...guys especially...maybe it is already answered with Newmama's bra question. According to the survey 57% of people let their body image issues get in the way when they are intimate with someone. One sex therapist on the show said women should relax bc when they finally get naked with a man, usually the man is so glad to be having sex he doesn't care about a belly pooch or some cellulite on the thighs...

I wonder if it matters if the R is new. In the beginning I can see both people just being caught up in the moment. But if you have been together awhile and your formerly skinny gf has gained weight, or vice versa, I think it would be a bit bothersome. I know I gained and lost weight while with Dan and he definitely preferred when I was smaller. Of course he gained and lost too and I didn't really care...but ne never got really chubby, either.

I guess this weighs on me bc even if I am not sure I am ready for sex I do know that if I am going to get close to a man he will be able to see/feel at least some parts of my body! wink I am already losing weight and toning up but sometimes I wonder if I should wait to date until I am happy with what I see in the mirror...

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
D
D
(((((BobbiJo)))))
You are way overthinking!

I don't really like this
Quote:
usually the man is so glad to be having sex he doesn't care about a belly pooch or some cellulite on the thighs...
line of thought. It might be accurate, but to me it smacks of stereotype, and isn't very useful.

On the other hand, I believe that once you get to the point of having sex, those things are not an issue.

This summer, I got really close. We had purposely planned things so that we couldn't, but it was a close call. And, if you had asked, I would have said that she was not my "type". But.... like I said, it would not have mattered. And I think it's more likely to matter early in a R rather than later, though I suppose others could think differently.

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I agree...I did not like the way she said that, like a man should be grateful to be having sex. But I was more curious about the rest of the thought. That once you are ready to be naked with someone you already want to be with them, so you aren't mentally judging them once you do get that far...

Oh and GG replied already. I like that he doesn't take hours/days to reply. He just said, "They don't even have to come...what is your favorite food so I can narrow down a restaurant?"

So I think he was offering to invite them in case I wasn't comfortable...considering our first two 'dates' were in group settings. I would rather just go out with him so I can decide if I actually have fun with HIM, or because our dates have been in fun settings.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
And Jeff I try not to overthink...this tv show is just bringing up a lot of random stuff. smile

I have no set rules anymore except for the basic rule that I will ONLY do what I want to do with a guy, when I want to do it. I won't be rushed into anything but if I feel a connection and want to follow it, I am going to take it as it comes, too.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

D
D
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
That once you are ready to be naked with someone you already want to be with them, so you aren't mentally judging them once you do get that far...

That part I agree with completely. Once you get to that point, you are not worried about that! You are there because it's where you want to be. (At least that's my guess. As we all know, my recent experience is, well, limited!) And at close range, well, I don't think it matters much!

I think you might be right about GG. He was trying to make it easier for you. Darn, I might have to like his style!

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
D
D
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
the basic rule that I will ONLY do what I want to do with a guy, when I want to do it.

Seems like a pretty good rule!

Jeff

Me-56
D 11/30/09
M 1/25/13
S18,22,27,28
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard