Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
J
john28 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
CityGirl - I agree with you that Professor Cat Lady is feeding my ego. I'm not going to lie. I feel confident and attractive moreso after seeing her. I know I can get what I want if I wanted it. It does boost my ego.

And you're right too about me being able to DB like a champ since my emotional attention is elsewhere. You're blunt, and correct. I'm not really sure how to respond to that one except to accept responsibility for it.

Maybe I didn't phrase things correctly when I said she was happy to be seeing an "emotional man". I think what I meant by that was that I can clearly express in words how I feel, what I feel and when I feel it. I don't sugarcoat and I'm unguarded. I think that is different than being weepy crybaby who is a project.

----"Et tu, Brute?"----
me:28 W:24 S4
T:6
M:4
EA Exposed: 5/21/10
Bomb: 6/20/10 (Father's Day)
NC w/ OM: 7/10/10
W moved out 8/21/10
http://bit.ly/aOrZne - My sitch
J
john28 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted By: PMA_Baby!
Lol!!! Dont forget "modest"... Am I on the right thread.

Hahaha laugh yes, you're on the right thread. I am modest. I used to think that modesty was for the weak. I'm just trying to convey here my change of attitude.

----"Et tu, Brute?"----
W moved out 8/21/10
C
C
Well, since you "know you can get what you want if you wanted to" from OW then to me it seems you are desperate for some measure of control.

You have no control over your W but you do seem to *think* you have control over this impending mess with OW. And when you (generally speaking) feel you have control over a situation you (again, generally speaking) tend to gravitate to what is most controlled.

Rebuilding a marriage is not about control. So are you really learning anything by participating in this *thing* with OW? Basically you are doing the same thing that your W did to you when she had her EA. So I am just trying to understand what exactly your goal is here.

Having a lady on the side you can "get with" if you want to really isn't conducive to doing the work on YOU and your M (should that happen). Then what? You will have to dump this lady and say "gee thanks ma'am but you are of no use to me anymore". Then your W will have to get over the fact you had an EA while you were supposed to be working on being a better man.

Personally I think your W is just seeing how long she can have you be her puppet but that is for another post.

I mean... you have said before you *need* somebody to tell you look good and how fly you are. You *needed* somebody to take care of you and so on.... so OW does that now. Then what?

When you don't get what you need from your spouse you start to resent and once you resent those walls go up. When you have a connection with OW the walls grow thicker. Maybe you *are* trying to sabotage things with your W?

In one post you say you are really just a kid but in another you say you are a grown strong man. Maybe you would be best off just getting to know who you are without the influence of your W or OW.

P
P
Originally Posted By: CityGirl
Maybe you would be best off just getting to know who you are without the influence of your W or OW.

Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner folks.

S
S
Originally Posted By: PMA_Baby!
Maybe you would be best off just getting to know who you are without the influence of your W or OW.

Ding!! Ding!! We have a winner folks.

Hallelujah, and AMEN!!

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
N
N
Checkmate!

P
P
Well, since you "know you can get what you want if you wanted to" from OW then to me it seems you are desperate for some measure of control.

Has anyone ever thought that this may have been a problem in the first place?

Enjoy the Silence
J
john28 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Last night got a text at midnight from W saying she unblocked me on the alt....

Then just now she called me at work and asked if I could fax something to a doctor for her.

Interesting. This is not like her.

----"Et tu, Brute?"----
W moved out 8/21/10
K
K
Yes it is.

She unblocked you so that it would help her get you to do something she wants you to do.

N
N
Hmmmm... I think it's a little thaw. Keep doing what you're doing, keep melting her heart;)

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard