Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
P
P
Ha!! Pin. I was thinking the same thing. This story needs a better ending or else it will just be a hallmark movie. Perhaps a speeding car race to the airport...

Your killin me smallz...

N
N
Here's that quote I sent to my H this am in email...
Hope it gives up some thoughts too John.

You other guys... This is not HBO... A Hallmark movie would be a GOOD ending, even if the reading is not as fun for you cynics ! Hey, maybe John will tell us about future bikini waxes if he gets that close again ?!?
(I'm going to try that on my H wink

Anyways, here is the quote:
"I think that at some point, you're going to have to just tell him (in a nice, non critical way) that courting behavior --> pursuit, romancing, seduction, are VERY important toward making you feel desired, cherished, loved, and in response, amorous and desirous of being with HIM sexually. You'll need to explain that women never tire of "the chase" (just point out to him the rows and rows of Romance novels at the local store, and the women of ALL ages who read them), and that part of keeping the romance and passion **alive** in a marriage is to never consider "the chase" done. Tell him (tongue-in-cheek) that he needs to practice the catch-and-release style of fishing when it comes to seducing you: chase you, catch you, ravish you, and then release you in order to chase again. It's a never-ending adult game."

J
john28 Offline OP
OP Offline
J
Yeah, I'm not to the point of purusing where it garners good results. That puts pressure on her and that is not good AT ALL. Maybe if this were later on down the road pursuing would be good, but I know that it is not now.

I'm not really pursuing her right now. What I am doing is SHOWING her that I am a good man. Making her think "hmm. Maybe..." but I'm still a long long long ways off for her to finish that "maybe..." sentence. She doesn't want to be with me. She's very clear on that.

I'm just trying to be a good man and not DO things for her and show pursuit, but be there and think ahead one or two steps to do things that make me feel good about myself and at the same time shows her that I'm a good man.

She just wants to be with a good man. I have to give her that option.

----"Et tu, Brute?"----
me:28 W:24 S4
T:6
M:4
EA Exposed: 5/21/10
Bomb: 6/20/10 (Father's Day)
NC w/ OM: 7/10/10
W moved out 8/21/10
http://bit.ly/aOrZne - My sitch
P
P
What I dont understand is how low your self esteem is for you to think this is the best you deserve.

Why have you stopped letting her chase you?

Neither of you have taken the time to figure out what you really want. You have been too busy chasing your tails.

What happened to the cat lady?? Did I miss that episode?

N
N
Just keep it up... It's better to take the baby steps, because it is true, too fast will startle her. And... She's trying to become the person she wants to be as well.

Just saying... I think the lack of drama is a good thing. Especially for your son. And there is nothing more attractive to a woman than a GREAT Dad, who is trying to be a good man for himself and as a role model.

Hang in there John, one day at a time.

What about Cat Lady?

P
P
Lol! I'm sure the Prof would love to find out she is being refered to as "the cat lady" on some blog..

Cracks me up...

P
P
Originally Posted By: Time2GiveUp?

What about Cat Lady?

You have some catching up to do. This movie is longer than War and Peace.

smile

Enjoy the Silence
P
P
It's Grey's Anatomy meets Desperate Housewives all wrapped up in one.

Add some vampires next door and you gotta hit.

N
N
I love it! Didn't even need to watch DH last night this was so interesting

Nah... As far as Cat Lady goes... No way at age 26 would I have pursued a married (albeit separated) guy with a 4 year old. I would have felt like a homewrecker, chasing this guy. I'd be friends and if a D happened then maybe, but NO... that's the reason you stay separated in most states for a year--to see if you can't make the M work.
Unless there is some really serious abuse going on... I stay away from married men, and keep Cat Ladies out of MY sandbox 

N
N
I've got to say... This is more entertaining than my EA -- but, I've got to GAL!!!

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard