Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
V
V
He also said that everyone of his dates were "dutch." He never payed for a woman because he said that he would have been broke.

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
K
kml Offline
K
Lol - yeah, I've heard of guys just scatter-gunning it like that. I'm always leery if a guy sends me a note but doesn't reference anything in my profile - heads up to you guys out there, when you write to a woman, reference something specific that she said!

And yeah, I'm gonna skip the marriage part - getting un-married is too much work! I WOULD like to be in a long-term monogamous relationship again eventually, but I'm starting to think that a little break to fool around with the younger guy might not be too bad after all.

V
V
Fooling around is a great thing. smile Younger too huh? I seem to have a nack for attracting younger women too. I look younger than my age by about 5 to 7 years.

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
P
OP Offline
P
Well well well G2 who was mr elusive came to see me today bringing coffee and food! Misses me I think. I will watch and see from a non pursuing distance. hmmmmm although I had no luck dbing by Gal it seems. I may have it right with dating.

G3 does own one of this countries bigger developing companies but your right who knows what the books look like. Apparently his wife and himself have separate wings in large house ! Early days into divorce and much to sort out. I won't get involved with this guy for this reason.

I know everybody is ready to move on at different times but I wonder what the criteria is for choosing to date someone still in early days of separation. Personally I feel that divorced is a good starting point. thoughts ?

K
kml Offline
K
Well, I think it really depends on the situation. That's probably a good general rule (who wants to get into a relationship and then they reconcile with their spouse?). But there are exceptions. Me for example - I'm still not officially divorced (although hope to be by the end of the year). But it's been almost two years since my ex left, and having been through a previous affair and reconciliation, when he actually left and filed I was D.O.N.E. at that point. And when I acquired my first boyfriend about 4 months after ex moved out, my divorce and my ex were really not a factor in the relationship at all.

N
N
Pollyanna, you'll have to pardon my paranoia (having been cheated on), but are they REALLY getting a divorce? If he is so wealthy why doesn't he live separately? I suppose there could also be some legal thing where if he were to move out she would get the whole house or something.

It's funny but I wouldn't be concerned about the Dutch business unless you had wind of other cheapskate comments...
(cheapskate= controlling, in my opinion)

6-7 years ago, I was having so much fun with the internet dating thing and it was pretty much my hobby! So I am glad to see you are having a good time--quite a Pollyanna indeed! smile

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

P
OP Offline
P
ollyanna, you'll have to pardon my paranoia (having been cheated on), but are they REALLY getting a divorce? If he is so wealthy why doesn't he live separately? I suppose there could also be some legal thing where if he were to move out she would get the whole house or something.

Yes Red flags are up on G3. I will stay at a respectable distance and listen to everything he says and oes. Ialso felt cheated on at the end of my marriage and I think I can pick up on the little things that usually point to something not quite being right.

On a happier note G2 text me to go for a walk with him. This is allnewish behaviour ( cause i was the pursuer)so I answered him an hour later and i went out his place. He lives beside a beach. It was a beautiful day so we walked around and over rocks and then scrambled up a hilly bank. There we lay and soaked up the sun, talking and laughing and soaking up the breathtaking view. Th sea stretched endlessly to Australia . There were little fishing boats and yauhts in the distance. Sea was calm. Lovely peaceful way to spend a sunday afternoon.

Then I jumped up and said - Right gotta go and went home. No lingering , no long kisses goodbye. Lets see what he does next.

S
S
Gosh, your Sunday sounds like it was lovely. Perfect!

Originally Posted By: pollyanna
I know everybody is ready to move on at different times but I wonder what the criteria is for choosing to date someone still in early days of separation. Personally I feel that divorced is a good starting point. thoughts ?

I think dating while they are in the early separation days is prob not a good idea for the fact that the wound is still fresh. Their brain is all over the place.

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
R
R
I'm still sticking to at least 6 months post-D, better at a year.
I am completely judging this by my own experience - I know that I wasn't ready until about now - at 2 years post-D, 4 years post-bomb (we were together 2 decades+).

P
OP Offline
P
Well it has been a week since I last saw g2 . He worked away for the week and text me only 3 times during week . He came back last night but today he did not call into my shop to say hi or ask me out.

So is he a loser ?

During the week I went on 2 dates with 2 different guys. They were nice and one in particular is very nice and I have lined up 2 dates with both during next week.

Dam it I want g2 !!!!!! Isvthis a hangup from being a Lbs ?

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard