Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38
newmama #2102207 11/06/10 05:07 PM
F
F
Originally Posted By: newmama
But I alsoreally need to go clothes shopping! But also need to work out. Not enough hours--there is no way I can clean or clothes shop or work out with S around.
I hear ya. Clothing became a serious issue for me when I went from size 12 to 4, especially when fall rolled around. What saved my life was getting a huge pile of handmedowns from my size 4 clotheshorse friend. Try to find a friend in your size and let them know that you'd welcome cast-offs. Fashionistas often have loads of awesome clothes to download. I've also had great luck with ordering online when I find a brand that has the quality/fit that I like -- saves me so much shopping time and I just return stuff that doesn't work. A lot of my clothes come from the thrift store but online I order the occasional item from jcrew and boden.

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
flowmom #2102356 11/07/10 01:06 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
size 4??? I am a size 10 now and trying to NOT lose more weight smile weird, huh? I know women usually want to be as thin as possible!

FM- based on the wonder woman costume photo, you don't look unhealthy, so being so small must go with your body type!

ok well I have cleaned a little but then got sucked into a great brainstorm for my classroom (NOT a genius idea by any means, just a practical one). So I got side tracked.

Also, have been watching Oprah shows that I dvr'd--Ricky Martin has come out of the closet, Oprah went camping for the first time and called all black people to start camping more, and then there was a show about men who were sexually abused as kids. I couldn't finish the show. ALso caught up on Nightline--one show had something about the craze behind going "gluten free" (which to me is just another fad to find a way to stay skinny with the exception to the real folks who have ciliac disease).

I am craving documentaries so I will be recording a bunch but can always watch them while working out,right?

And Kill Bill volume 1 is on while I type this..LOOOOOVE that movie!!!!!

Maybe I will find some recipe to cook for tomorrow night.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2102407 11/07/10 04:15 AM
C
C
Hi Nm!

Just stopping by to say hello!

I am also wearing a lot of hand me downs and thrift store clothing! I also need to work out! A little toning would be a good thing! I am not losing anymore either...in fact, I gained 6bls in 4 mos so I must be feeling better!

M48 H53
M16 T18
S16 D13
SS30
H drops bomb PA/8-30-09
H leaves 12-30-09
D filed by H 2-10
H asks to come home 4-11
Piecing
newmama #2102419 11/07/10 04:40 AM
F
F
Originally Posted By: newmama
size 4??? I am a size 10 now and trying to NOT lose more weight smile weird, huh? I know women usually want to be as thin as possible!

FM- based on the wonder woman costume photo, you don't look unhealthy, so being so small must go with your body type!
Well, I'm 5'5", so not tall. I'm not small-boned, but at this size I still have plenty of fat and curves, not skinny at all. This is the smallest I've been in 20 years so it still feels new and different.

From the photos I've seen of you, you look great smile

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
#2102512 11/07/10 04:59 PM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
FM I can't update my photo on FB- it is just messed up. It will say the photo has been uploaded but it hasn't. I am 15 pounds thinner than the one from the summer! I am 5'4". It is so interesting how different weights affect people differently...yes you still look curvy and healthy at such a teeny size!

GM- you look so good, too! I wonder if we have similar frames because an 8 is the smallest I would go as well. Except you are blessed in the chest department! (I saw your pics smile ) I can't go shopping in any friend's closet, but I am not broke, so I can afford to buy some basic clothes. I would like to buy some from Ann Taylor Loft! I just might need to get $200 together and purchase 3 pairs of pants (30 each) and 5 shirts (20 each)and they will last me for another 2 years! I swear. I would buy more pants but I am always lucky to find some that fit.

CW-6 pounds isn't too bad. And toning will most likely gradually take it off! I definitely need toning. A toned size 10 can look like a size 6! Seriously smile

Am doing part 2 of laundry right now (always sooooo much!) and then will move onto the floors. I have to pop into my classroom for an hour and can't take S with me. So I have to have all of that done by 1:00.

Loved getting the extra hour of sleep!!!!

Just finished updating my bills to my name instead of exH...took over an hour! Crazy. But I also found some extra charges on my cell phone bill so I just got $15 shaved off for my monthly charges! Awesome!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2102517 11/07/10 05:12 PM
S
S
Sounds like you are staying busy. Good way to handle your red flag man.

I dipped my toe into the match world.... boy it's like another job and takes to much time. Blech..... but I did meet a nice guy the other night, I posted about it on the dating thread...

It really does take some effort and time to weed through all that stuff, time will tell if it's worth it.

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

#2102673 11/08/10 12:10 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Well I purchased some clothes online from Ann Taylor Loft and was able to use a 20% discount for being a teacher!

I did spend $50 more than my budget...I think they post fewer clothes online and I could have waited to go to the clearance rack like you said, GM!

Then I skipped going into work and am waiting for a clearing from the rain to take S to a park that is further away and up some hills. A natural work out of sorts...

Also I cooked something for dinner! While S was taking a nap, I made chicken nachos using stuff I had around the house! I made an inventory of food and saw that I don't have to go grocery shopping this week (can justify the extra $50 now!)...S is with me tomorrow night, then we won't need to make dinner again until Friday night. (going out of town to visit a friend for her son's b-day party on Wed)

So I had an avocado, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, a can of red beans, some frozen mangoes, frozen corn, chicken, corn tortillas, and cheese.
I sprayed 6 corn tortillas with cooking spray (each were only 45 calories!)and baked them til crisp. I chopped up the produce and
mmixed together for a type of salsa.

I drizzled some olive oil over the chicken breasts (that I sliced in half)and sprinkled some chili powder and cumin, then roasted in the oven. Next, I chopped up the chicken really small and topped the tortilla "chips" with it, then added the cheese and melted it all. Finally I topped that with the salsa mixture and added some light sour cream....DELICIOUS!

S picked out the chicken but enjoyed the rest (the boy doesn't like meat!)

Now he is "reading" books while I type this and we will be off for our early evening walk!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2102675 11/08/10 12:17 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
And I can just reheat this tomorrow night for dinner so I won't have to cook--

also, exH said he liked the 2 daycares I picked out but will need to figure out his budget. Yep, they are $250 more, but it is typical. We got what we paid for at the current place (it was only $800/month!) One of the daycares is 2 buildings from my school...that would be so great!

He mentioned how he is putting $100/month into a 529(right number?) college fund for S.

I thanked him and told him that I would need to do something like that for him as well. After I figure out my budget a little more.

Isn't it true that you can use your Roth IRA as a savings of sorts and I can take money out of it if I want without paying additional taxes on it? I better set up an appointment with a financial guy.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2102707 11/08/10 01:41 AM
A
A
Funny, my S won't eat meat either. Glad you were able to get some clothes. I know nothing about financial things, but that is what my B does for a living so I am lucky to have a close advisor.

Me29 S3
H left 4/1/09
I file 8/2/10
Divorce final 5/17/11
1st http://www.tinyurl.com/25lhu52
2nd http://www.tinyurl.com/2c35ueg
3rd http://www.tinyurl.com/322yk89
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Awest, S will take a bite of the meat, get a weird look on his face and either just open up his mouth and let it fall out or he will fish it out of his mouth!

I have 2 meetups on Saturday the 20th. One is a wine tasting thing with dancing to follow and the other is a dueling piano event (again). Oh, and another meetup during the day for the single moms that is taking place during a time S and I can go!
I won't be going to both of them but I will need to do something that day.

Tonight S and I went for a walk to the park, and it was getting dark fast so we had a short visit. The walk was awesome, though! Gorgeous fall leaves, crisp air with the smoky aroma from fire burning in a fireplace, and plenty of hills.

I made a dessert- champagne sabayan (substituted pinot grigio) over raspberries and I added some cocoa powder. I couldn't remember the actual recipe so I tried to make it the way I remembered and it was too sweet! I ate it anyway....hey, the raspberries added fiber! I didn't give it to S just in case the alcohol didn't burn off.

My house is clean, the laundry has been put away and I
now I am nodding off at 7:30 as I type this! S is off a bit on his schedule so he is still trying to fall asleep. Top Chef Desserts is on in the background.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

Page 22 of 38 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard