Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25
TimeHeals #2100707 11/04/10 10:40 AM
P
OP Offline
P
We had a discussion. I told her NO CONTACT means NO CONTACT. She said so "this is a deal breaker for you..?" I said um YES!!! Told her there can be no maybe... has to be her boundry and I cannot accept part time contact period, not even in a controlled area, situation.. I told her it is unacceptable.

I was calm, I was tactful, I was firm.

She said so what do you propose? I said that is her decision but it really boils down to what is more important? I told her the Marriage should be the most important thing in the world.

She said what if I go on nights he is not there?

I asked how will you know?

I told her she should call him and tell him she is a married woman and wont be in ANY CONTACT with him and they need to change class nights to ENSURE they are not at the studio at the same time. Period... She said she would do that.

I told her bluntly, it is him or me and I am not sharing.

She made our son dinner and then pouted all night.. at the end of the evening I told her I am going to bed. she said okay and she was stunned when I went to my room... she asked "are you going to sleep with me?" I said no, I am tired and I have some things to think about and I really want to read my book"

she asked me 30 minutes later to come read my book with her and then come back down to bed if I wanted.. I agreed. She hugged me and said she missed me.

She fell asleep on the bed, I got up and as I was leaving she asked are you really going down stairs? I said I was and she said I can sleep here... I said thanks and then went down stairs.

Her move...

M:42
W:39
S:9
M:20
T:25
D-bomb: 30 Sep 10
Wife changed her mind: 31 Oct 10
Working on it: 31 Oct 10
TimeHeals #2100708 11/04/10 10:41 AM
P
OP Offline
P
Jack yes it is.

M:42
W:39
S:9
M:20
T:25
D-bomb: 30 Sep 10
Wife changed her mind: 31 Oct 10
Working on it: 31 Oct 10
T
T
Yeah, this situation sucks. I really wish you would see your family therapist before you make more suggestions about how exactly to implement NC though.

Here's my thinking. So TKD is important to her. Fine. Is her marriage important to her? So what was she thinking when she initiated an affair at her TKD classes?

We make choices in life. Our choices have consequences.

There's an old platitude about romances in the workplace that could be updated for this situation:

Don't crap where you eat.

In this case it's "Don't crap where you play if playing there is so gosh darned important to you".

As Starsky has pointed out to you, any contact at all (even negative contact) is likely to set you back to square 1 where she just has no loving feelings for you.

So... that's the risk to you, your family and your marriage. How long can you and your family endure being on this rollercoaster before you finally snap, and you become the one who is leaving and who has no interest whatsoever in rekindling things.

That might sound crazy to you right now, but we have seen that happen over and over and over, so it's not as crazy as it might sound.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
TimeHeals #2100936 11/04/10 04:14 PM
J
J
Pen,

You are getting some positive signs from your wife at home.

NO TKD at all anywhere even in nearby towns?

Pen, I live in ALASKA, I got three just off of google.

It's not like say: Jeet Kune Do style.

Assuming your name might be near to where you live...

google says: 10.

Work with her to finding a new spot.

If she is willing to work with you that is also another good sign.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S

How about a private TKD tutor?

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
Starsky309 #2100942 11/04/10 04:28 PM
P
P
She should respect your feeling/thoughts period. Especially when trust is an issue.

You are handling this well. Stick to your guns. Explain to her why this is a problem and even the science behind hormones etc.

Explain to her how it's important that you both define what your "NUTS" are. Your w having an EA/PA is definitely top of the NUT list.

TKD studio are in every strip mall. If she has been with that dojo/school for a long time then she can go to another satelite school or work w another of it's instructors.

Another idea. Was this Jackoff the head instructor? Then traditionally you should be able to train in another form. Then challenge him to a fight to the death then take over his dojo. Works great in Bruce Lee movies. grin

PMA_Baby! #2100948 11/04/10 04:39 PM
S
S
If nothing else, talk to the instructor about private lessons. Might cost more, but definitely cheaper than the alternative. D.

Edited for your protection.
PMA_Baby! #2100959 11/04/10 04:50 PM
S
S
Doesn't work that way folks.

issue arose because he did not share it with her. something that she enjoyed immensely that he never came to support.

much like the reason why you see some guy and some girl you work with taking their lunch hour together or meeting at Moe's for a beer to talk about work after work. they feel alone and want to share their experiences.

didnt even go to her black belt promotion. interesting, would you blow off your kids HS graduation?

can you bend over and touch your toes?

J
J
Oh HE F-ed up big time. No question there.

Pen needs to fix some internal shite, but if she is wanting to work on being married then finding a new TKD studio is a great sign from her, unrealsitic and controling for Pen to take TDK away from her completely though, hence a new studio, even if its 10 more minutes away.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

S
S

Steve,

There are ways he can support her with her TKD that don't involve her having regular contact with OM. And yes, he needs to be "solution-oriented" in this, as Coach has already outlined for him.

Just because you haven't supported a sculptor in the past, doesn't mean you allow them unfettered access to the scalpels once they become a cutter.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
Page 16 of 25 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 24 25

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard