Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
T
T
Originally Posted By: CD
Anyone else have one of these delayed burn outs?

Ayip.

Happened when I stopped obsessing about the sitch. I think your adrenaline finally cuts down to normal.

But WTF do I know?

I know tigers like pepper and they hate cinnamon...

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
C
CD Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Gritter

But WTF do I know?
I know tigers like pepper and they hate cinnamon...

And what do I know?
Someone^^^^^^^^^^^^needs a hobby or something. laugh

R
R
Originally Posted By: CD Bear

I was talking to my/our honorary DB friend (I'll call Hutch). He suggested that my difficulty sleeping (can't get to sleep and having a REAL problem waking up) is that I am FINALLY depressurizing and this is my emotional/mental crash after all these months of "the edge". I think he's right.

Anyone else have one of these delayed burn outs?

As usual, "Hutch" is right. wink

I went through several cycles of exactly that through my sitch. The good news is that the "delayed burn out" stage passes, and then you start to sleep really well again. At least that is the case for me. Your body starts to settle back to normal sleeping/eating patterns and you start to feel "normal" again. And it is such a welcome relief! smile

S
S
I'm actually experiencing burnout right now as well. Here I am, somewhat in the driver seat on the edge of reconciliation yet I am now experiencing something different. I have been fighting so hard for the marriage that now, when it's a viable possibility we may work things out, I am NOW feeling depressed! I won't hijack your thread, lol, but just saying I can identify. For me it is coming to terms with the reality that my H actually cheated on me and how I'm supposed to work through that to trust again.

(If anyone has any answers, pop on over to my thread! LOL)

Anyway...I REALLY like the LIVE Greatest Hits! There's something about a little edginess and rawness that makes it more genuine. :-)

C
CD Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Rocked and Sunny-

Sad to say but it's reassuring to know it's not just me.

I'm looking forward to normal eating and sleeping routines. The last time I had breakfast was two weeks ago. (bad habit of mine) And even at the best of times I've been a walking example of Newton's !st Law of Motion- Unless acted on by external forces, a body at rest wil remain at rest and a body in motion will remain in motion. I like to stay up and like to stay in bed.

Sunny-
I can understand your reversal of mood. In fact, I had a conversation just yesterday about the nature of Piecing. May I suggest that you ask some advice from KelRocked as she has had that experience. She will be much more familiar with that "trench" than I.

C
CD Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Oh!! Almost forgot! More excitement for 2010!

There is a rumor in the office today that our facility will be shut down effective Dec 31. So I may also be looking for a job on top of all the other excitement this year. Potential for the announcement is Wednesday.

I'll call 2010 "The Year of Changes". Have no fear though. I studied well under Steady so I'm taking it as it comes and witholding judgement as to how it will affect my future.

"We'll See"

C
CD Bear Offline OP
OP Offline
C
And to top it off, my read on "what happens next" is also wrong.

She didn't go dark. Berry status AND picture change.
Picture is flowers.
Status "Feels awful"
She didn't make it a week.

Not reading into it; could mean anything. To me it means "I'm dysfunctional...still. And I still can't just say what I mean or want to say to "somebody". And can "somebody" please call me and ask me what happened in response to my update? ANYBODY?"

Won't be me. That was dysfunctional CD. That was fixer CD.

Did it have to happen on the day I hear my job could be over?

Really, I'm fine. Just didn't need it today.

S
S
Boy do I know that feeling. Like you need 1 more thing!!! Like they say, when it rains, it pours.

Insert any # of quotes here: That what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, etc......

lol

M
MHL Offline
M
Hey CD,

Total script again, she is wanting attention, she NEEDS that external validation right now. Hmmmmmm, I guess goober dude ain't quite doing the trick anymore......

Let's do the math....you came here on 6-9-10 and it is 11-2-10 what is that....not even 5 months!!!! I know the affair had been going on before that but you weren't DBing either.

I think I said this before, she has finally looked down and the grass under her feet isn't so green anymore. Doesn't mean she is turning to you......yet.

Keep on focusing on you and your Daughter, the situation with your job while daunting can be an opportunity. You can choose to look at it in a positive light or negative one....your choice. You have been hit with some crap in the last 2 weeks.....guess what???

Crap doesn't stick to CD because you are charting your own course and things that happen along the way do not change your path.

Keep moving CD, keep moving.

Cheers

Formerly "missherlove"

Me49 XW49
M17 T19
S16 D20

Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free.

~Jim Morrison
E
E
CD,

You have recieved some very good advice here bud.

Quote:
Keep on focusing on you and your Daughter

I'll repeat what our friend lord of the rings said...^^^^^

You have grown so much. Now these changes will start to become part of the skin that is CD. These changes will now become your life style. They are YOU buddy.

You may experience days where you "feel" like the old you but a little different. I attribute this to the merging of the old you and the new you. It is an interesting time, at least IMO, a time of true growth. A time where everything kinda of make sense. A time of peace. A time where you realize....

That CD is becoming the man he wants to be AND

What ever your W does, doesn't do, trys to do...well none of it matters...cause you are living the life that you want.

Finally, the sleep thing..same here buddy. Your friend is right your body is starting to normalize.

Re: the job...it could be the opportunity of the a lifetime.

God Bless,
Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard