Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
SunnyD #2094935 10/25/10 01:21 PM
S
S
Originally Posted By: SunnyD

I think I am pretty good and detached. I don't feel the hurt right now. That may seem awfully quick being that I didn't learn of the PA until last week, but deep down I knew. Finding out just made the detachment easier.

Interesting.

Starsky

M57 W 57; D30 D28 S24 S20 GD7 GD2 GD1 GD5m GD1m
BD 5/07; W's affair 5/07-8/07

At the end of every hard-earned day, people gotta find some reason to believe. (Bruce Springsteen)
S
SunnyD Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Starsky309
Originally Posted By: SunnyD

I think I am pretty good and detached. I don't feel the hurt right now. That may seem awfully quick being that I didn't learn of the PA until last week, but deep down I knew. Finding out just made the detachment easier.

Interesting.

True story in my case - maybe not for everyone. I guess at the point when he finally admitted it I had already made so many changes in myself and knew I was worthy of better. The fact that he could do that to me after I had done so much personal work towards myself and work towards our marriage and lie to my face - and plan and scheme... well.... it just made me see him in a different light: a none too flattering one.

Starsky

SunnyD #2094942 10/25/10 01:33 PM
S
SunnyD Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Well..dang...I didn't do the quote/reply right on that last post. It won't let me edit. oops.

SunnyD #2094945 10/25/10 01:37 PM
T
T
Originally Posted By: Sunny
My job isn't to react to that but to steer my course (and thus that of the kids) to a healthy place regardless of what he chooses.

Yahtzee!

You got it Sunny.

My goal is to some day be the person my dog thinks I am
SunnyD #2095200 10/25/10 06:29 PM
E
E
Sunny

Quote:
I have a life to lead. BUT...that is something I just have to take stock in as I continue the process.

Yes you do...this is YOUR life. YOUR choices. This is YOUR future. Take your time.....

You'll know your next steps when your suppose to know them.

One day at a time.

Eric

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
S
SunnyD Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Eric,

You mean I can't skip the next couple of days or 60 or so and wake up and all this be different?????

LOL

just kidding

I wish it were possible but that's not the way life works, I know. Gotta learn what we're supposed to learn!

SunnyD #2095508 10/26/10 04:33 AM
E
E
Sunny,

Quote:
all this be different?????

Yes...you choose how different.

You choose how to look at it

You choose how to respond to it

You choose how to receive it

You choose how to deal with it

You choose when "it" happens

You choose

Everything is your choice - other may say...everything is based on the perspective that you are looking at it from.

So what are your plans for the rest of the week?

Eric

S
SunnyD Offline OP
OP Offline
S
SLEEEEP!

LOL

I have 2 sick boys at home - sleep has been at a minimum. YES, they are older but it doesn't matter. They want mom to pamper them, esp. with things as are and so I do, of course. :-)

I have a lot on the schedule this week with dr's appts, school, boys' activities, counseling appt., and a house that needs cleaned and a fridge that needs repaired. In other words, I've got plenty to keep me busy! OH: also a few things for myself - lunch with friends, my Wed. ladies class, and a term paper to keep me VERY busy!

I also have some football to watch but none of my teams are doing very well right now. :-(

SunnyD #2095711 10/26/10 03:33 PM
S
SunnyD Offline OP
OP Offline
S
On the serious side - I know you're right: I choose how it is different. I just meant that I didn't want to go through the process of all of it - being lazy. :-) It's just the tiredness talking... but man, it IS mentally exhausting at times! Sometimes you just want to "be" rather than "be different" and you have to fight it.

SunnyD #2096132 10/27/10 01:40 AM
E
E
Sunny D

"Fight it" you must. Tired? Hey, when your six feet under you can rest. Get to it girl. LOL. I know how tough this is BUT you really should be proud of yourself.

Eric

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard