Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25
C
C
Quote:
Either win her over with my sheer sex appeal and charm

Ok, so what's Plan B?

grin laugh smirk

Couldn't help it, low hanging fruit.

I have seen Retro work when one spouse is reluctant or lukewarm. It doesn't work when the spouse in a A. I would present it as a plan because the current sitch isn't working, you are going because you have decided it gives you both a opportunity to see if this M could work. No pressure, no expectations and you want to be true to your values and beliefs concerning marriage and family.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
So, here's my strategery:

Plan A: keep doing what I'm doing now. Developing intomesee and rekindling our friendship. Likelihood of success: 10%

Plan B: Move out, move on, don't let the door hit me in the butt: Likelihood of success: 25%

Plan C: Plan A + Plan Retro in January: Likelihood of success: unknown...

Plan C fits more with my values. Plan B plays more on my anger and emotions. Plan A plays more on my passive nature.

Of course the percentages are wild a$$ guesses.

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
Either win her over with my sheer sex appeal and charm

Ok, so what's Plan B?

grin laugh smirk

Couldn't help it, low hanging fruit.

A man has to know his limits...

I
I
Tough choices, Pin.

You will make the right one.

Hang in there!

Me-43
W-36
TS-10
D-7
S-4
M-11
Rings off-8/16/2010

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1933641#Post1933641
G
G
"Mrs Pin,
I have been doing some thinking and here is what I have decided.

I have a proposal for you. I will hold off on moving out on the condition that "we" agree to attend the Retro sessions. I ask for nothing and offer no promises, but I think it would be a wise thing for us to attempt.

That is it. She either agrees or she doesn't......

Remember Pin, Counseling is known to help couples IF they both are willing participants. She now seems as if she would be a willing participant. Isn't that usually the first step in most issues? Being willing to find a solutiion...

Your leverage here is the fact that you offer nothing on your end except participation and that you have the moving out option as a backup. You are not doing this out of desperation like many other men in these situations. It is now more out of strength...

BIG DIFFERENCE...

G
G
AND..... IMPORTANT...

Do NOT overplay how great Retro is..

DOWNPLAY it...

Much better for her that she is pleasantly surprised by you not bragging it up or trying to sell her on it..

Come across as middle of the road, matter of fact and that you have no idea if it will work, but it is worth a shot... wink

L
L
On the other hand, concerning your chance of success above, those who complete the Retrouvaille weekend and all the Post sessions have an 80% chance of still being together 5 years later.

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Retro was shot down. She now says that what she had said was that she had said was "I would do anything for my babies." Not that she would try to reconcile. That if she had to pretend to be a happy wife to make me happy, she would, including sex.

I told her that I misunderstood what she said and her intentions, and that have a fake marriage for the kids was a horrible idea; that if she was willing to go to Retro with an open mind and an open heart towards reconciliation, I think it might be valuable to us. She didn't want to work on "us." That sounds harsh, but it wasn't a harsh conversation, just both of us trying to clear the air.

She said that I was confused because I didn't understand that men and woman can be close, emotionally intimate friends without any romance. I disagree, but I didn't tell her that. Just listened to her, and said that I agree that it's very important for a couple to be close, intimate friends.

We talked a bit more, I said I was going to take the apt that's being held for me. She said she just needed to be able to think about everything, about how she felt for me separate from our daughters. That the time apart would be good, but costly financially. Talked about what I'd be taking, when I'd move, so on.

She stressed that this would be a non-legal thing; just a year at the most, not a set in stone separation. Knowing now, I see that she was really asking me those as questions, not statements. I agreed with all of them.

She said that if I found someone, I shouldn't miss out by waiting for her to come around. That she wanted me happy. I think she was sincere, and not meaning that she had already found someone.

I'm actually relieved and excited. Relieved that the sitch is changing, and excited for what the future holds.

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Needless to say, I think we both have huge issues to deal with. Her self esteem is just horrible, her sense of identity is bound so tightly to just motherhood.

I've felt codependent from Bomb-day plus one, so it'll be great to see how I feel when I'm out of the house. I sure hope my codependency was due to the bomb, but I'm realistic enough to see that it's probably part of my identity and something I need to work on.

M
M
Pinhead. You should really read my situation. Beginning to end.

Me-46, D-21, S15, S13

After many years w/my head in the sand...
I FILED
Divorced 6/2011

The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.
Page 10 of 25 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 24 25

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard