Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 38 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 37 38
newmama #2092083 10/20/10 05:13 AM
S
S
An adverbial clause is a subject and predicate that modifies a verb. I like them because you can switch them around. If it is on front you throw in a comma.

We kissed after we arrived in his driveway.

or

After we arrived in his driveway, we kissed.

newmama #2092113 10/20/10 10:12 AM
S
S
Originally Posted By: newmama
Sassy Rose, I couldn't find your thread in the MLC forum! I have been wondering what happened to you! I am on FB as Chatty Newmama so drop me a message.

I was gonna start a new thread in MLC right after I posted on yours, but got distracted! I'll do it later today.

I just set up a FB profile as Susan Rose and sent you a friend request. Your baby is adorable! Getting so big!

WH 47 Me 46
Married 24 years
DD 13, 10 S 7

Bomb 7/08
WH Moved 9/3/10
S
S
My new thread is called, "When Did My Life Become a Soap Opera?" over in MLC.

WH 47 Me 46
Married 24 years
DD 13, 10 S 7

Bomb 7/08
WH Moved 9/3/10
S
S
NM,
I sent you a request in the alt as well. (I share a monogram with Calvin Klein-hint, hint)
-silverado

newmama #2092712 10/21/10 05:27 AM
F
F
hi Newmama. I see you're perky as usual smile . You always make me smile. Some guy is going to be very lucky.

I say bummer to those folks who want us to be nun-like supermoms indefinitely :P . Yes, it's good to be comfortable with oneself, but truly most of us are meant to live in close relationship with other adults and in our society that generally means a romantic relationship. Yes, we have to do the emotional work before starting to date, but the work doesn't stop then. It's actually as we forge new connections that life confronts us with choices and tests and reminds us of what we've learned...and haven't learned.

I get a bad vibe off Country Guy. If he can't impress you on the first date, then that's not a good sign. Guitarist didn't spend one cent on me on our first date (we went for a walk), but he certainly did impress me and there were no false notes.

About City Guy...if he is not setting up a date there is a reason. And there can be lots of reasons. I think it's best to wait until he makes a move. And if he doesn't I wouldn't pursue.

Having said that I broke my own rule about that! When I met Guitarist online we IMed a couple of times and he said that he wanted to meet with me. We even exchanged email addresses to set something up. Then I didn't hear from him for a week! At the time I didn't know (but suspected) that he was dating someone else. I guess I was a "backup" since he's not really into dating multiple women at once. After a week I hadn't heard from him and against my better judgement I sent him an email saying "I'm curious about whether there would be chemistry between us...are you?". Aren't I a brazen hussy?? blush That was the nudge it took him to IM me and actually set up a date. I honestly think that he was too "distracted" and he probably wouldn't have set up a date without that nudge. And when he met me he was *very* glad that he did. But of course he had no way of knowing how awesome I actually am in person wink.

I guess my experience is that it's amazing how much you can pick up from a person by interacting online and from a first meeting. Trust those feelings and impressions. Sometimes reactions against people can be picking up on deeper stuff. I remember that on my first date with M he accepted my offer to go Dutch. I didn't mind, but it become obvious that he isn't a particularly generous person in other ways. Whereas Guitarist refused my "go dutch" offer when we first dined together...and he certainly has no more disposable income than M, possibly less. But he is a more giving person emotionally. The little things are big things in the early stages and we ignore them at our peril.

Hugs!

me: 42 | STBXH: 41 | T: 18 | M: 10 | separation: Jan 3, 2010 | they deserve better: S7 & D4
current thread: http://tinyurl.com/3y8sxcp
.: first breathe, then heal, then start LIVING :.
flowmom #2092800 10/21/10 12:50 PM
A
A
Originally Posted By: flowmom
The little things are big things in the early stages and we ignore them at our peril.

I really like that because it is so true!

Me29 S3
H left 4/1/09
I file 8/2/10
Divorce final 5/17/11
1st http://www.tinyurl.com/25lhu52
2nd http://www.tinyurl.com/2c35ueg
3rd http://www.tinyurl.com/322yk89
F
fb2 Offline
F
Originally Posted By: awest1217
Originally Posted By: flowmom
The little things are big things in the early stages and we ignore them at our peril.

I really like that because it is so true!

If you count each and every small thing you won't go anywhere. You have to also look at the bigger picture like basic values. Either way you are talking a BIG chance.

fb2 #2093463 10/22/10 02:28 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi Flowmom! My instincts tell me that City Guy is interested because he continues to email me.I think maybe he is taking his time because he might be looking for something meaningful--AWESOME! However, I do wonder if he is dating others.

So I am just going along and if I start interacting with someone else, fine for now! BUt I totally do want to see if we have chemistry in person. I do think I will give it only another week (or couple of emails because that could take a week) and then will ask him about meeting in person.

As for the little things--I guess we all have our values. I hear men on the forum complaining about gold diggers or they feel like they were used for a free meal or something. To me, honestly, if a guy were to accept my "dutch," I won't be too alarmed UNLESS there were other flags (like with Country Guy). I just personally am not a cheapskate/tightwad and do not ever want to be with someone who is. ExH was not a tightwad but was responsible with money at the same time. That is what I want in another fella!

Maybe that is what you meant--early stages can give us signS (plural) that we are wise to notice. Not one isolated thing!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2094120 10/23/10 02:49 AM
G
G
Originally Posted By: newmama
He dropped off S and then did some yard work. He was trying to make conversation (still wants to be friends of course) and I half heartedly replied. He was trying to tell me things like "have you noticed the weird looking babies at the daycare? I have been meaning to tell you! And did you know the director is back? SHe is totally better at running the place." I just said things like "yeah, there are a couple of goofy kids" (as I was packing up the car to go) and "no, I didn't realize she was back."

This makes me mad! I don't engage my stbxh. I look down and give a really clipped "hm" when he makes comments. He gets all awkard-- YUP!

smile

N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
You know, I am getting a little annoyed with this super slow email exchange between City Guy and I.

I think I was wrong- if was "into" me, he would be emailing at a faster rate, don't you think?

So, last time I heard from him was 4 nights ago when he asked me what my big dreams were. I repied on Wed, three nights ago.

I am such a closure person--maybe I will wait again and THIS TIME ask him point blank if he wants to meet sometime! what do you all think?!? And don't do this to someone, please. (correspond too slowly on an internet dating site)

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

Page 9 of 38 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard