Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
V
OP Offline
V
Any time, Pirate! I don't really like the way some of those threads in Newcomers are going, but I am not the thread police!

Well, the good news is the lady at the water company pretty much said that as long as I work with them, it's all good. So the plan is an extra $100 a month til it's gone, eight months or so. Not wonderful, but what can you do? It was clearly my responsibility.

Looks like I may have a meeting with a person of the opposite sex later this week. She's 55, but at least in her pictures she doesn't look it. We shall see. Email communication has been nice, so I am a little hopeful, but without expectation! smile

M
M
Sucks that you are stuck with that ridiculous bill, but glad you can make payments.

The meet-up sounds good. Always nice to get out. smile

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
Yeah, it's a big bill, but it was my responsibility. I will have to be more vigilant in the future.

I think the meet-up will be at least pleasant. And that seems like a good start.

S
S
Look at it this way...

The 1999 life expectancy in Pima county for males was 74.2 and females was 80.4, therefore, she and you have just about the perfect age difference so as to get to the finish line at about the same time.

V
OP Offline
V
Oddly enough, Kerry, without looking up the number, my thinking wasn't far off of that. Though if I found a youngster she could take care of me while I wind down. But I guess that would leave her in a bit of a lurch.

At 55, she might not be into waiting 5 years to decide if she likes me, either! (Assuming I like her.)

G
G
Check your water meter for a water leak. The meter will keep running even when faucet is off.

Regarding dating...I have seen 50 year old women that look 30 and I have seen 44 year old women (they claim to be that age) that look 65. Literally. Scarry stuff.

My GF has her name on the back of her neck so I bet that is what it was. My GF told me it was so that the guys doing her would remember her name. Classy!

If she ever breaks up with me I will try to avoid women with tattoos next time LOL. But honestly you cant judge a book by its cover because she is a complete sweetheart.
Tattoos simply say things about her past. Mine has her boys names tattood as well, which I thought was sweet.

Me:48
W:55
M:22
T:23
Bomb:19Nov09
S:15Jan10
D:11Feb10
EA:Confirmed on 20Apr10
Fast track to her divorcing me
V
OP Offline
V
I wish the leak was in the meter! But I turned the water off at the house, and the spinning stopped. And the area where the water was running was clearly quite well soaked. I will be keeing an eye on it for a while, though, to make sure there isn't something else going on.

I saw the tattoo up close, it clearly said "Family". It raised my opinion of her.

Based on the pics of this woman, she is closer to the 55 looking 45, but there weren't any real close-ups. It plan to have a nice time in any case. It almost always works.

V
OP Offline
V
Looks like it is Friday....
Because:
"I usually do yoga on Weds nights with a bunch of friends. Could we meet Friday night? If I don't do my yoga several nights a week, I get cranky and have strong desires to slap young children and kittens....."

Yes, she does seem witty!

S
S
I'm living my social life through you now Jeff. I have no female contacts on radar.

V
OP Offline
V
A week ago I didn't either. So I sent out more than my usual number of first contacts over the weekend. There's one more that still might turn into a meeting, though it's been much more deliberate.

I have to admit that I was missing just having someone other than silly kittens to hug.

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard