Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
S
OP Offline
S
I've seen some talk of Retrouvaille on this forum. I realize that it's not for my husband and I as he has no interest in reconciliation at this time. I just found it an odd coincidence that there is one scheduled in the town that I live in 10 days from now. Too bad it's not something I can do alone.

V
V
No, alone wouldn't work at all.

Separated people can do it, and it can help. But they both have to be willing to go. Maybe, if things settle out, and take a while, it could still happen.

((((((((So Ashamed))))))))

S
S
Hey SOA. Just checking in on you. Hope your day is going well. Are you still seeing IC?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: soleil
Hey SOA. Just checking in on you. Hope your day is going well. Are you still seeing IC?

I'm very up and down today. Someone is lying to me, and it's not making me happy at all. It's a long story..

I'm in the process of looking for another counselor. My friend has recommended her counselor to me. I will call tomorrow to schedule an appointment. Am I just lucky or is it normal to get 2 counselors who give you bad advice? Well, I don't know if it was actually one told me I was an empty vessel and called me back the next day and told me that I'm not an empty vessel, I just need to find a man that loves me. The second one told me that I was making a mistake by not moving out of state ASAP. Anyway, maybe the third time's a charm?

S
S
Keep looking and looking til you find the one you like. I went through a few before I found the one that I felt comfortable with.

C
C
Quote:
The second one told me that I was making a mistake by not moving out of state ASAP.

This is what Steve was warning you about. I know you have a choice and a right but is it worth it to you in the long run?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:
The second one told me that I was making a mistake by not moving out of state ASAP.

This is what Steve was warning you about. I know you have a choice and a right but is it worth it to you in the long run?

I don't know how to take advice like this. My husband is divorcing me. I wish we could work it out. He has the right to divorce me. I recognize that. He does not have a right to chase me out of town. Am I crazy? I've been abandoned. He won't even speak to me. I understand why he is so upset. I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset. I do think there are other ways to work thru this without rushing into a divorce. I should move away because he doesn't agree?

C
C
Originally Posted By: So Ashamed
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:

I don't know how to take advice like this. My husband is divorcing me. I wish we could work it out. He has the right to divorce me. I recognize that. He does not have a right to chase me out of town. Am I crazy? I've been abandoned. He won't even speak to me. I understand why he is so upset. I'm not saying he shouldn't be upset. I do think there are other ways to work thru this without rushing into a divorce. I should move away because he doesn't agree?

No it's because your H could be smearing your name and reputation all over town to get back at you. It's not the kind of thing anyone but a great friend would warn you about if they knew. Maybe the second C had heard stories and was warning you.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
S
S
Originally Posted By: So Ashamed
I don't know how to take advice like this. My husband is divorcing me. I wish we could work it out. He has the right to divorce me. I recognize that. He does not have a right to chase me out of town. Am I crazy?

No, you're not crazy. I firmly disagree with the counselor who told you that. You H can D you and has that right but him telling you, demanding even, that you must move out of town is completey and utterly ridiculous.

If you CHOOSE to move, you can, but it shouldn't be because someone else is TELLING you to. Dictating for you to go.

As for gossip and talk... people are always going to smack, no matter where you are, no matter where you live, and so on and so on. That is just a fact of life.

S
OP Offline
S
I'm having a bad day today. Called a psychiatrist to schedule an appointment. My husband had my insurance cancelled at work even though he paid nothing for it, and I'm broke. I can't afford the initial consultation. Not sure what to do now. Feeling unable to cope.

Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard