Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18
S
S
None of the Ducks remaining 6 games are easy. If they miracuously win all those, they are deserving to play in the national championship game. The Rose Bowl is still up for grabs with every team in the PAC-10 except for Cougars (and the banned Trojans).

V
OP Offline
V
I hear you! I could see the Wildcats losing out. Or winning out. It's just so close, every game is going to be a tough one.

M
M
The best way I find to do it is to cook like you are cooking for 5 and eat leftovers for a few days. smile I concur that cooking for one is a pain, I did far too much of it when my XH was deployed. There were a lot of nights I had cereal for dinner. Or made a stuffed baked potato in the toaster oven with broccoli and sharp cheddar and parmesan.

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
V
OP Offline
V
Cheese and crackers. A tuna sandwich. I need to cook on the weekend, and have at least enough left to last a couple days. I don't need to be perfect, just better!

((((((Michelle))))))

M
M
Guacamole is another of my favorites. Throw in some cheese and maybe salami and it's a balanced meal!

V
OP Offline
V
Yeah. What I like about things like cheese and salami is that they last long enough you don't have to be in a hurry to eat it.

I can see where the darned bachelor stereotypes come from. Not totally thrilled with that.

And the longer time goes on, the easier it would be to lower standards, to settle. And I know I would regret it. But, geeze!

M
M
As long as you cook on weekends it's okay. (((Jeff)))

V
OP Offline
V
Yeah...well, it's not ok yet! smile
I only at out once this weekend. Which isn't to say I cooked at home, either.

I think I am seeing that I have been "floating" a bit too much. Might be expected, but I am getting less happy with it. Hmmm, maybe I am getting somewhere here.

S
S
Maybe you just need to do like in the "Lawyers, Guns and Money" song...

"Well, I went home with the waitress. The way I always do".

Just make sure she is not with the Russians too.

V
OP Offline
V
Ha!
Well Kerry, that's funny, since I seem to make friends with waitresses everywhere!

I went out Saturday night, while during the second half if the Beavers and Huskies game (so it was getting late), went to Wild Wings. I actually went with the intention of seeing if there were any groups of ladies hanging out. I should have gone earlier, when I am sure there were lots of folks there, but....

Anyway, there were none, but I sat in the bar area where I could watch the game (What the heck was up with the Beavers going for two? If I have Quizz, I take my chances in OT #3!). And the waitress I got was probably the cutest one I have seen there. (Different BWW than the one I go to at lunch time.) I've seen her before, she's waited on the kids and I. She skinny beyond belief (too much so, in my opinion), blond, anyway... The thought of taking her home wasn't totally unattractive. While I was eating she sat down at the bar (15 feet away) and redid her hair, and I noticed a tattoo on the back of her neck. When she was at the next table I tried to figure out what it was, but I couldn't, so when she came by I asked her. It was a ribbon that said "Family" under it. I thought that was nice. A little later she was off at the cash register, and sprayed some scent of some sort... whenever she walked by the table after that, I almost died! I didn't ask what it was, but I did say it was nice. She's way too young, but it was still fun to approach flirting a little.

And tonight I will stop at the local Italian spot and watch the last part of the game. It's become a tradition. There are twin 23 year old waitresses there, but the same one always waits on me. And now I know how to tell them apart, since I asked! One has a couple little moles on the side of her face, so it K spot, B not!

I don't think any of them are with the Russians, though the one at WW is named Eva, so I should perhaps be careful there!

Page 6 of 18 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard