Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: PMA_Baby!
Again. You are married. Which means he is accountable for any joint debt. Including the house.

I thought you said he have spoken to an attorney. Did your attorney say you are the only one liable??

I feel as if he is not handling this like an adult. First he thought he could run me out of state, and when that didn't work, he decides to stick me with all the debt. Yes, the attorney said I am the only one liable for the mortgage. And my attorney said as for the credit cards that were used for items purchased for the house, I'm stuck with that too.

P
P
Originally Posted By: So Ashamed
Again. You are married. Which means he is accountable for any joint debt. Including the house.

I thought you said he have spoken to an attorney. Did your attorney say you are the only one liable??

I feel as if he is not handling this like an adult. First he thought he could run me out of state, and when that didn't work, he decides to stick me with all the debt. Yes, the attorney said I am the only one liable for the mortgage. And my attorney said as for the credit cards that were used for items purchased for the house, I'm stuck with that too.

Find a new attorney.

P
P
What!?! Is he paying for your attorney too??

You really need to consult other attorney's asap.

That sounds like BS to me. Why was his name on the title then??

N
N
Stupidly, my name is on the mortgage. His is not. We are both in title. The reason for my name only being on the mortgage is that I was able to qualify without his income or credit score.

SA,

I'm in the same boat. I'm on the mortgage, both of us are on the title. It does not matter. The bank WILL go after both of you. I guarentee it. He is on the hook. In fact, you basically can't get him off the hook, unless you get the D and THEN refinance it into you name alone.

M:37
W:34
M:4 years
T:6 years
No Kids
A disclosed - 9/1/2010
W asks for separation - 10/19/2010
Moving on - 10/24/2010
A ends (and I believe her) - 12/2010
Content - 3/1/2011
Served - 3/18/2011
D Day - 6/20/2011
S
S
The D situation is...he's decided to leave me with the house, which I can't afford. Initially he said he'd take the house and the debt. He's also leaving me with most of the the marital debt, because a majority of it was used for improvements at the house, which I can't afford. I most likely won't get alimony because on paper he doesn't make much more than me per month.

Contest it. You don't have to just say, Okay, sure I will get saddled with all the debts, the house payments, mortage, etc. doesn't work that way, Soa. Get your lawyer working on this. Or at least put on paper what you want (i.e. You want the house to be sold, he can have some furniture, etc). State what you want in writing.

Originally Posted By: pinhead
Then he's just as responsible for the house and paying for it. His credit will be screwed if it gets foreclosed upon. He can't just walk away from his financial responsibilities as easily as his relationship.

Yes.

He's just trying to scare you.

Yep. That is exactly what I think.

And at this point, SOA, I agree with Pma on no contact. I don't know how often you reach out to him or anything but my advice is to make a clean break. You are not in any position to deal with him in an emotional level so do not call him or write him or text him. Get your L to write up everything on your behalf and start GALing. I know you are feeling really down and I can't tell you that you'll feel better by the weekend because it's going to take TIME but try to listen to some good music, get some exercise and rent a funny movie.

P
P
Not only is he trying to scare you but more importantly HURT YOU. PUNISH YOU. for what you did. That is why you need to go dark and let him come to you or run away. Regardless, it's his choice. You have your choice to WORK on YOU.

True about the mortgage. Your attorney is a clown if that's what he/she told you. He is definitely liable for everything. Only way that would be true if YOU solely owned it BEFORE you were married. Even then a judge could decide that you are both responsible because that person has been living there for awhile.

Again. YOU dont have to agree to anything he says. That is for the court and judge to decide. Especially if he is just trying to "Get Back" at you.

Time to stop the pity party and stand up for yourself.

You need to give him time to GROW UP and realize that MARRIAGE takes WORK. People make mistakes but if you have a partner that is willing to WORK on it then it's your OBLIGATION to try.

Until he gets to that point you will NEVER be able to CONVINCE him.

Again. Take back CONTROL of the DYNAMIC of your R/M. Stop all contact. Have your attorney write up all the MARITAL LIABILITIES so everyone is on the same page.

S
OP Offline
S
What!?! Is he paying for your attorney too??

You really need to consult other attorney's asap.

That sounds like BS to me. Why was his name on the title then??

His name is on title because when we purchased the house we were a "happily married couple".

S
OP Offline
S
I agree. He's liable for half no matter what state you're in.

He's just trying to scare you.

He's either very immature or emotionally involved with OW.

Either way. It doesnt matter. All you can do is MOVE ON... and PROTECT YOURSELF... Time to take back CONTROL. Give him what he wants. Seperate accounts. Go dark.

I am dark. Very very dark. He paid the mortgage the day after I paid it. I felt like calling him or sending an email that said "Hey stupid, if you talked to me, we wouldn't have to pay our attorneys $250 an hour to sort this stuff out, AND you wouldn't have paid the mortgage the day after I paid it". But of course, I didn't contact him. I haven't contacted him since I got that ugly bullying email. I didn't even respond to that.

S
S
Sometimes it is better to bow out gracefully then to publicly humilate yourself.

How much damning evidence do you expect he has that will become public record? What else may you have forgotten about that you said or did that will be seen and heard by your family, friends and church community? Are there voice recordings or pictures that are best walked away from?

How much of the Tiger Woods scandal did you follow?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Steve McQueen
Sometimes it is better to bow out gracefully then to publicly humilate yourself.

How much damning evidence do you expect he has that will become public record? What else may you have forgotten about that you said or did that will be seen and heard by your family, friends and church community? Are there voice recordings or pictures that are best walked away from?

How much of the Tiger Woods scandal did you follow?

I'm not running for public office nor am I a celebrity. I should just give him everything he wants because I made mistakes? Is that really the right thing to do?

Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard