I
PEI - you have a heart of gold.

M-48/XH-48 M=25/T=28 years
Ds-24,22/S-18
D - 3/11
A Day at a Time
G
G
PEI, whether you believe in God, karma, or just the balance of nature..........God/the universe rewards those with a generous heart. The Bible says "Give and it shall be given unto you". ...........You have shown tremendous generosity and love toward your children by supporting them in this first meeting. You are a wonderful mother! It's clear how much you love your children and your love for them will be returned to you.

Eric, GREAT idea for a thread!!!!!!!! It's uplifting to read everyone's posts here.

Here's my short list: I'm thankful for......
--everyone here who so generously supports one another. You are ALL very special people!
--MWD for having the foresight to go against the cultural norm and support people in "standing" for their marriages
--Jody, my DB coach. She brings a fresh perspective to my situation every time I talk with her. She really rocks!
--my health
--my friends and family who have patiently listened to me throughout this crisis and provided support
--my job, which allows me to support myself
--my precious cat who snuggles me when I need snuggling
--my beautiful home
--that XH and I have been able to renew a friendship, in spite of D and OW.
--that XH's family have maintained friendships with me, even after the D
--for the lessons that I have learned about myself since the bomb, that will allow me to have a more fulfilling life in the future
--an unusually BEAUTIFUL autumn in the area where I live

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

GAG

P
PEI Offline
P
Irish and GAG ... thanks ... posting on my own thread so as to not hijack this one ...

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
P
P
  • running water
  • good health
  • a warm bed to sleep in although i am currently "homeless" or maybe "homefull" since i have as of late become a wandering nomad
  • great support (from this board, from my friends and family)
  • looking younger and younger each day
  • a positive outlook on life driven by faith and wonderful people around me.
  • financial and mental stability
  • important lessons learned through this crazy life experience
  • the trees, the sun, the moon and the stars on a dark night, the clouds in the sky (ok, yes, i'm kind of frufru :))
  • ability to do things i want with no ties to anyone/anything right now
  • so so so many blessings i have including the gift that so many of you have too...ability to forgive and be compassionate towards our spouses who are really suffering. while most people can't understand that...it's so great to come to a place where people get it. smile

P
P
The ability to sleep at night
The beautiful weather we are having
The job that sustains me financially
My wonderful friends who have supported me throughout.
This board of wonderful friends I have learned to love and
lean on.
The continuing dawning that my H's problems are beyond my
ability to cope. His His Journey.
My wonderful, beautiful, amazing kids who have supported me.
Ditto Grandkids.
Another beautiful day . . . . .

ME: 54
Him: 51
M: 20 years T: 21 years
OW/New wife: 36
Sons & Daughters: 7 (ages 24-36)
Bomb: March 4, 2010
He Filed: April 28, 2010
I Contested: May 1, 2010
Standing Down: 11/24/10
Divorced : 05/04/2011
P
P
I forgot one. I'm really, really grateful for Damon on 'Vampire Diaries' My entire fantasy life is built around that.

P
PEI Offline
P
Good morning all ...

A very timely thread for those of us north of the border ... Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!

Today I am thankful for (in no particular order):

~ waking up on the right side of the grass
~ my children
~ my family: mom and dad, 3 sisters and a brother, 2 BILs, 2 grammies and a step-grampie, 5 nieces and nephews, 21 aunts and uncles, 23 first cousins, and a partridge in a pear tree
~ my inlaws ... they rock
~ the lunch chicks, those very special girlfriends from work
~ R & K, my two BFFs from childhood ... I love these gals
~ B & D, my two BMFs ... these guys are so good to me
~ my job, my home, my car ... all my worldly material possessions that make day to day life possible and comfortable
~ the growth opportunity my sitch gave me ... it's been a gift, one that keeps on giving
~ my very special friend from this summer who pushed me to grow and be honest with myself and who has shown me what true friendship looks like
~ my IC and her support and guidance and urging me to write a book
~ the 15 years I had with my H, for the good the bad and ugly because it's all a part of the journey that brought me to this point ...

... and last but certainly not least .... YOU!

Brooklyn, Shel, Missher, Grit, Eric, Seedy Bare (sorry man, can't help it), S'punkin, Irish, J3B, Cat, Mach, FaithnAK, WS, Lance, PDT, Greek, Coach, PG, Lala, Lolawar, ... good Lord ... I'm gonna forget someone ... or many someones ...

... this place changed my life.

Thank you!
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Peace
PEI

Holding onto anger to punish someone else, is like lighting yourself on fire to get smoke in their eyes ~ 25yearsmlc
E
OP Offline
E
All,

I just came up with another interesting idea – another challenge if you will…

Now that some of you have posted what you are thankful of….how about ya post what YOU like about YOURSELF. Think about it for a sec…what do you like about YOU right NOW. Yeah we are going through some chitty stuff BUT take a look at yourself and acknowledge what YOU do like about YOU.

As for me….

- I like the Dad that I have become
- I like the changes that are taking place in me
- I like how I feel right now
- I like all of you guys…okay not all but most LOL
- I like my sexy 175 lbs as*…sorry I am just cracking myself up here
- I like my jeep and love to cruise in it
- I like the peace that I feel right now
- I like the new renew faith that I have

Alright…who’s next and a big shout out to Irish Blessings….I better see you post something here!

"The difficulties of Life are intended to make us BETTER,not bitter".
"Fear is a prison, where you are the jailer. FREE YOURSELF!"
"Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B." - Jack3Beans
T
T
what do I like about myself? Leave it to Eric to ask us this question! laugh

* I am a kind person
* I am a great mom
* I am a hard worker and good director
* I am reliable
* I am the best kind of friend
* I am good with people
* I am a pretty good cook
* I am a great daughter, sister,aunt, grandaughter, niece, cousin (ask any of them...I swear :))
* I am proud of the fact that I didn't kill my husband and the OW when I caught them in my house in bed together. I only smashed his truck a little! LOL! (isn't it amazing how the most horrible day of my life I can joke about later? seriously!)
* I am very proud of how I have loved during this time. When most women I know would tell their H to F@*k off and immediatly file for divorce, I wanted my M to work. I found all of you and I have found a support system that helps me help myself.

TAMF
m:41
xh:41
T: 20
M: 15
D: 16
D: 14
Bomb dropped: 7/3/10
separated: 7/15/10
H moved in to new apt. with OW: 7/1/11
divorced: 8/26/12
J
J
Eric,

Quote:

I also discovered that Jack had no last name, so in order to distinguish Jack and the Bean Stalk from Jack the Giant Killer... or the Mighty Tailor in some versions although : ) I think they are both the same... I needed to come up with a last name. So Jack 3 Beans.

Three sounded the best out of Four Five or Six, when figuring out the name to describe a handful of beans.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard