Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
thanks for setting me straight- glad to know that not having cable doesn't automatically translate to cheap. smile

City guy wrote me back tonight and Orenco asked me out (officially). Although when I said I had a 15 month old, he had a bunch of questions...so I just said we separated when I was pregnant, and I wasn't the trashy one in the relationship (or some kind of joke like that).

I am seeing when Orenco and I will meet...

City guy's least favorite holidays are the same as mine! New Year's and Valentine's Day.He said VD is dumb because you should be doing that kind of stuff every day not just once per year.

And City Guy asked me what activities I am planning for my studnets. I liked that he asked me that question!

So that's the latest...

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
S:3/31/09-left for OW
started DBing 10/09
d final: sometime 10/10
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2087634 10/11/10 05:38 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
oh and xh stayed to chop up the bush in the front yard and took my garbage and recycling out for me. ( i didn't ask him to!) I said "oh I was going to do that soon. But thanks." while I was typing an email to one of the match men.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2022856&page=1
met in 2004

newmama #2087795 10/11/10 04:47 PM
I
I
Quote:
I said "oh I was going to do that soon. But thanks." while I was typing an email to one of the match men.

HAHAHA! that made me laugh out loud.

BTW, I don't have cable...I don't really watch TV much at all. I do have Netflix and I do watch movies once or twice a week.

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Orenco and I are probably meeting up tomorrow night after work!He said his boss is in town so that means he might have to go out to dinner with him if he asks. So he said it was tentative. (He asked to meet me and I asked if Tues would work) I like that I can pick out an outfit that I wore on another date because I knew that it worked. At least the top!

Orenco is being a little flirty...It's funny because on the one hand I totally was fine with a fling about a month ago and now I am thinking of wanting more? But he said he has dated 2 women since his divorce. And he divorced 2 years ago and he was married for 15 years.

Oh but City Guy emailed me and said he would write more later but was taking advantage of some "me time" which might include playing his guitar. I replied and told him that I totally get that, even more now as a single parent, blah blah.. so he replied and said "you may have just mentioned one of those "Magic Words" (wink wink nudge nudge). So I reread what I wrote to him and totally busted up laughing.

I totally said something kind of wrong but it was funny and I DID NOT MEAN IT THIS WAY:

I said (embedded in the message)"....I did need some me time as a single person before. It is just my Piscean personality or something (har har). Just like some time alone each day...even 30-45 minutes doing my thing (whateverthat may be)."

I totally meant that I would use that time for anything from email to watching a TV show to working out to talking on the phone! hahahha!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2088150 10/12/10 04:11 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
oh wanted to say that Orenco and I are meeting about 5:30 and we exchanged phone numbers and texts. Everything was clean! So we are meeting UNLESS his boss needs him to dine with him.

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

smith18 #2088170 10/12/10 08:02 AM
F
fb2 Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Check the socks before even getting to the underwear.
Kerry, where's the youtube video for this? I've had this one old pair of socks for years and the heals have each got a hole. But I like them very much in the winter and haven't been able to find anything quite like them, tho' I've thrown out lots of socks. An old boss of mine did not wear socks, so did Dr Einstein. Never subscribed to Cable! I have an antenna in the attic. No time for TV anyway, so why bother? Netflix over the internet works quite well for the kids. And frugal can can actually be a good thing, even if it simply means making do quite easily without things you don't need ;-)

fb2 #2088195 10/12/10 12:43 PM
M
M
Newmama, you dirty girl! *lol* I didn't take it the way City Guy did until you pointed it out.

Have fun with Orenco.

New thread: http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2112303
Mystik #2088626 10/13/10 04:40 AM
N
newmama Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Einstein was loopy, cheated on his wife and abandoned his son. So no wonder he didn't wear socks on a regular basis!

Well I went on the date and first of all, the guy is like 30-40 pounds heavier than his picture! WTF? I tried to be honest. I am actually about 15 pounds lighter than mine at this point but I am leaving those old ones up there.

He is still attractive enough but I think the weight bothers me more than I expected. Weird! I always thought a guy with a few extra pounds is still sexy. Hmmm...

anyway the conversation was ok. I had another hard day at work so I had to transition. He was with his ex for 13 years, she cheated on him. 10 were just as boyfriend girlfriend. She had a 2 year old when they met and he never adopted him, but is still his "dad" and has him whenever the son feels like it. Which is about 50-50. I thought this was weird...his son is 16. He texts his mom or dad each day by 3 to let them know where he is going.

Orenco or his ex will say something like "no problem- see you soon!" or "sorry tonight isn't good."

but I am NOT I repeat AM NOT a go with the flow kinda gal when it comes to knowing if "I get" to see my boyfriend. I mean if I were to want to date this guy regularly, I like to say " ok-- let me know what day is good for you next when you get a chance. I can do Tues or Thurs" (for example) and then the guy will let me know. BUT if he doesn't know until 3 that Tuesday, well....
no! I can't do that kind of thing! Because I like to make plans within a few days ahead! I mean it is ok to not make a plan and then as a surprise, call up and ask if they want to do something but not when I am not knowing every time...you know? Am I uptight?

He said "so do I look like my pics?" and what was I supposed to day? I said yes- you are dressed the same way. Then he said "well you look way better in person!" so what should I be sayign?

and we had some comfortable conversation in parts- he kept telling me that I was talkative but he liked it. I was asking about him, etc. and he would say "oh let me be sure to ask about YOU too!"

So we had dinner and about 1.5 hours in, after we ate, I said "well I'm kinda tired. It's been a long day!" so we walked out and I gave him a hug goodbye. I think I said 'it's been good talking to you' because it was... but not like amazing! As soon as I got in the car and left the parking lot, he texted me and said "you're super cute!" well I was talking on the phone so i cuoldn't text (and I was driving) so around 30 minutes later, after he texted me that, he said "so?" and I felt bad. We texted back and forth and he asked to see me again. I said sure and we can't figure out when at this time.

Meanwhile, country boy emailed me so we'll see how that goes!

me,34
exH,34
S,16 months
started DBing 10/09
current:
met in 2004

newmama #2088629 10/13/10 06:13 AM
S
S
Just curious, but how did the subject of going over the history of the prior relationship come about? Did he bring it up or did you?

I have a feeling you just need to ponder a bit after each first date. He needs to do it even more as he seems a bit eager to get some validation right away. There is no hurry to start making plans for a second date. Both people during and after an initial meetup naturally have some hopes, as there is a shining side of most everyone you meet, but after a day or two, some reality sets in and you begin to think a bit clearer.

Welcome to the buffet line. Make it fun by just learning about different people with no expectations. If someone really sparks your interest, I think that it is best to start as friends before intimacy.

Country boy sounds good still.

BTW... How are you liking this indian summer we are having?

smith18 #2088824 10/13/10 05:08 PM
V
V
I talked(email)to a woman for about 5 weeks before meeting her just a couple weeks ago. There was only one photo of her and it was only a head shot! I asked her politely, "do you have any other photos of yourself?" and she basically dodged the question frown After meeting her she was way too overweight for me. Lesson learned there. We had some things in common but it was not really there on any level so I told her. On to the next...

Last edited by v1olin; 10/13/10 05:09 PM.

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard