Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Wow, that massage was awesome. I will definitely choose the same guy next time. I typically tell them I will take whoever is open, because I usually call the same day I want the appointment.

He asked if I had any problem areas, I told him a little sciatic trouble this past week since I started working out again...other than that he did not talk for 30 minutes. Just the way I like it, I don't want to chit chat I want to relax! However it did not occur to me (duh) that needing my sciatic issue addressed = going a little lower on the lower back with the massage. Oh well, it's been awhile since a guy had his hands there and at least this one knew what he was doing! wink

Once I flipped over and he was doing my legs at the end of the time, he mentioned my calves were really tight. So then we did talk a bit but I didn't mind. I told him I was in an effort to lose twenty pounds (down two this week!), and he said, "Oh, you'll do it. You totally will." I know he has no clue what I will or won't do but the enouragement was nice!

Then I said the tight calves were from exercising again, I mentioned my plantar fasciitis, and he started talking about kinesiology tape. And he told me he used to do fitness/sports massage and taping, so if I wanted to get some kinesiology tape and bring it next time he would tape my feet and calves for me to help with the fasciitis.

Then he mentioned if I wanted a good new place to eat healthy food, there was a new restaurant opening up in a certain new business district in town. Then he mentioned he works in that plaza at a day spa during the week doing massage (a classier place, I go to Massage Envy which is cheapie massage!). Then he told me he works at the other spa on Wednesdays and Weds is ladies night at the new restaurant he mentioned, so I should go. Interesting...then he mentioned a second restaurant about to open up over there. That guy was chock full of info!

Anyway the massage was fabulous, I topped it off with a trip to borders for some new books for my preschool class. This week is "Scarecrow Week" and the next is going to be "Monsters Week" so I got some cute new books.

OK time to do some laundry and possibly watch Desperate Housewives. I have not been impressed with it this season though...

Last edited by BobbiJo; 10/11/10 01:09 AM.

Me-35

Together: 18 yrs
M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4
D'd: Feb. 2010

The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save. --Zeph. 3:17
S
S
I had the full body massage in Thailand once. My wife (who was also getting a massage) asked me if I wanted a man or woman to do the massage. I had to pick the guy otherwise LK would have gotten a bit too excited. There is only so much bowling, fishing and football thoughts a guy can conjur up so as to stay "relaxed" during a massage.

We also did a foot massage together. My wife loved that stuff, but it was not something I feel comfortable doing. I have to bite my tongue to keep from laughing (ticklish).

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Yeah, I could see that being a guy. However as a woman I have an advantage that nothing overtly shows when I am thoroughly enjoying my massage! wink

I have had a few different women give me a massage, and then a large gay man twice. He talked nonstop both times about the bath salts he made at home for his mom and the brunch places in town that were to die for...

This is the first time I had a cute, seemingly straight guy. Yay = me.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

M
M
BBJ....explain this kinesiology tape. I've never heard of that.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Mish--I have heard of it before, our chiropractor in town uses it on athletes.

My massage therapist said he tapes the foot in a way that stretches the plantar fascii....you leave the tape in place for 3 days. He said for calf cramps he can also tape my lower legs...

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

S
S
They used that on my calf injury ... the physical therapist that is.

I have to know why Skankaphanie ran around the barn too? That is so weird. Did he not know you were coming out there?

Plus Kerry gets hands down the best namer award!

M:47
M:18
D16, S19
1st S 1/08-5/08
Reconciled/May 7, 2008
Left again Nov 9, 2009
I Filed: Nov 17, 2009
Final: April 14, 2010
EX walked away from kids too

M
M
Ahh...gotcha. I just always have called it sports tape. I never thought about it's actual name! LOL

I've been sleeping in a night splint for a few weeks now and it's helping quite a bit. I'll stick with that since I have no idea how to use that tape properly.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

C
C
Quote:
I told him a little sciatic trouble this past week since I started working out again...

Check the heels of your shoes, do you over-pronate?

Read up on piriformis muscle stretches and sacroiliac joint dysfunction. Some good stretches on youtube. Strengthen your core and hip muscles. Exercise helps me get rid of the sciatic pain.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
B
BobbiJo Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Thanks, Coach! I will look into those...

Man, I have to say, every time I think there is a bottom for him, he finds another one...

I am sure Dan was in a foul mood after the weekend. Stephanie did not get a warm reception from the family, and cattle buddy Doug texted me Saturday night late-"Met her today, you are way better. No comparison." So I suppose that didn't go as well as he thought, either...

Anyway I get a call from him as I am driving back from preschool to my other school today. Pissed off. Did I cash the alimony check yet? When did I cash it? Why did I wait a week? It is probably going to bounce, he is sure it is going to bounce, I should not wait a week to deposit them...

See, he banks by ATM receipt. If that says he has money, then he has money. So he must have went into the weekend whirlwind thinking he had more money than he did.

I said, "Well I haven't deposited the child support check bc it hasn't come from the courthouse yet." He says great but that doesn't help with the one I already deposited. I said sweetly, "Oh, I was unaware I was not supposed to deposit the checks you send me." He hung up on me.

Then a barrage of texts,

*I don't like women very much, period

*I hate living in a sh!t hole and working like a dog every minute

*Let alone think in a million years we are gonna get fixed

*To be nearly broke every day

*I know my kids hate it

*To think you could have just shut the f up and not b!tched about getting to stay home every day

*Pisses me off to the core

*The only "us" that exists is the one centered around "us" being the kids parents

So in other words, he is having a bad Monday. I actually feel kind of bad for him, but he made his bed, time to lie in it. Chickens come home to roost and all that...

I just replied "I agree the kids hate it this way and things seem miserable for you."

No replies...I read that if you agree with them they have nothing to fight about...

Last edited by BobbiJo; 10/11/10 05:18 PM.

Me-35

M-12.5 yrs
S-8
D-4

Page 20 of 24 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard