Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
V
OP Offline
V
(((((Julia)))))
I am doing pretty well. The kittens are getting big, but they are still insane. They think that toes covered by a sheet are nice toys.

S15 had a football game last night. They won for the first time this year. The opponent helped out with a bunch of fumbles, and at least two interceptions. But, he got to play quite a bit, made a nice tackle and broke up a pass with what would have been another good tackle if they guy had help the ball. So that was fun!

(((((sol)))))
The next six months or so will have a lot of nice weather. Some cold days, but lots of nice ones!

Kerry...
I think the Wildcats should beat the Beavers without a lot of trouble. The biggest problem they might have is thinking that they are good. I hope the Cal game two weeks ago got them over that kind of thinking, I think after beating Iowa they thought Cal would be easy. There doesn't seem to be any question that the Ducks can score with anyone. I don't know that they will lay 50 on the 'Cats, though up there I don't really see them losing, either.

J
JCJ Offline
J
Cute, but painful smile

The game sounds good!

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
V
OP Offline
V
You know what? It feels good to do something nice for someone!

As I was leaving Wild Wings after lunch today (only time this week... the checkbook told me to cut back!) there were three girls, probably 17 or 18 walking across the driveway. I stopped well back so that they would know I wasn't going to run them over. They waved, and motioned to me, so I rolled the window down. They asked if I was going to a road that in fact was right on my way back to work, and sounded pretty desperate to get there. They had been waiting for a bus... if you know the bus service around here, you know that's a bit of a risky proposition. Anyway, against my usual judgment, I motioned for them to get in the back seat, and gave them a ride, maybe five minutes. When we got into the area where they wanted to be I had to pull teeth to get them to tell me where they wanted to be dropped off, they were in "anywhere is alright" mode. I just told them when they have a chance to do something nice for someone, to do it. They said they had asked lots of people, I'm glad it was me and not some creep that picked them up.

And now I am almost ready for the weekend! smile

S
S
I've not heard of Wild Wings before, but notice there are some in my area. Is it good? Have you ever tried Famous Daves?

Good job at helping the young damsels in distress.

Wildcats get to play the kittens this week in Pullman. Should be a win and maybe a chance to move up in the rankings.

Any dating prospects?

V
OP Offline
V
I enjoy BWW. I don't know if it's "good", but they have lots of flavors to choose from and a gazillion TVs. And the kids like to play the trivia game.

I have not tried Famous Dave's. I see, the nearest one is on the other side of town. I might have to put in on the list of places to stop if I am over there.

The 'Cats puzzle me. I though the close call against Cal would get them on their game, and yet they kinda laid an egg against the Beavers. (But then, who would want to beat up a Beaver?) I am not making any prognostication on this one! Though it is hard to see how they are not the better team.

No dating prospects. Probably time to send out some new communiques. I don't like to have too many out at once, in case I get better than expected responses.

S
S
I tried Famous Dave's a few weeks ago and like it much more than another BBQ place the kids and I usually go to.

Buckeyes at the Badgers is the big game this weekend. If there is an upset, the Ducks will most likely be rated #1. I think the Beavers will win against the Dawgs on Saturday. Just like the Beaver/Duck game will be good this year, I think the Sun Devils are pretty good and will make for a good game against the Wildcats. Do they refer to the Wildcats vs Devils game down there as the civil war like we refer to the Ducks vs Beavers as the civil war?

I am like you on only being able to deal with one prospect at a time. Last month, I was in communique and meetups with 3 and my brain was getting confused. I am just going to wait and see with the lady I met last night before logging back into the site.

V
OP Offline
V
I think the Beavers are a lot better than people think. They lost to really good teams, on the road, in at least one case. (Too lazy to look it up.) I know they won't be ranked top ten with their record, but I think they could play with anyone in the top ten.

We have the "Duel in the Desert", for the Territorial Cup. Which is probably better than a Duel for the Dessert... winner gets ice cream in a cup! smile

M
M
There you are! I thought it had been a while since you'd posted an update LOL.

Glad to hear you are feeling better and life is resuming the normal silliness.

(((Jeff)))

Michelle - Proud DR Rockette
S: 28JUL07, D'd: 29OCT09
http://tinyurl.com/27j9qo2
S
S
Hey Jeff -

The kids and I tried the Buffalo Wild Wings this last Saturday. It is in the building that used to be Hooters. We sat right next to the Corn Husker/Longhorn game and the kids liked the triva game (which I helped some with). I got the wings with the Mango Habanero sauce - tasty but oh so hot!

The Wildcats have the Dawgs visiting this weekend. It could be a pretty good game considering how well the Dawgs were against the Beavers.

The Duckies will probably dominate the Bruins by at least 2 TD's at Autzen this Thursday. But weirder things have happened when there is a large TV viewing audience and a team is rated #1.

The lady I met last Thursday never returned my follow up email so I am still on a 16 month cold streak. Too bad, because she seemed to have a lot of things that I liked. I plan to focus a bit more on my golf game for now. I am meeting another guy who is a student of my instructor this sunday for 9 holes. I have my fingers crossed for no rain.

V
OP Offline
V
(((((Michelle)))))
This weekend was kinda ick. Not for any real reason, I was just feeling a touch lonely. And poor. I can do quite a bit about the poor part by eaing in more, and I have been. But it is a pain for one.

Hi, Kerry. I like having the choices of so many sauces for the wings. I have to say that in the old days I would choose a lot closer to the right hand end of the scale than I do now!

The PAC-10 is confusing me. I think that other than the Cougars the "on any given Saturday" rule applies. The Ducks are clearly, I think, on top. But there are at least four teams that could beat them with their best game.

The 'Cats may be in trouble with Foles out. Though maybe it will finally wake them up. They could easily be 3-3, or even 2-4, and I think the problem is mostly in their heads. As far as the Ducks and Bruins, the Bruins whacked Texas, Texas whooped Nebraska, but UCLA got rolled by Cal.... who the heck knows who the Bruins are? Should make for some fun Saturdays, though!

I don't want to discuss the length of cold streaks. But you are just getting warmed up! smile

I've totally lost my ability to hit an iron longer than a nine, and sometimes not even that. But I have been hitting nice wedges and amazing pitches, and reasonably well with my driver and fairway woods. I am puzzled. But then, it's golf!

Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard