Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36
S
soleil Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: whatisis
I once read a book called "F@ck, Yes!: A Guide to the Happy Acceptance of Everything" (1988)

This title is hilarious! I actually googled it yesterday and couldn't find any at my library's catalog but it was available on Amazon. I want to read it. It got some pretty good/funny reviews.

Romeo, the friend is a guy. As for the lab partner, well I took your advice and told him to meet me halfway for studying and he never responded. Saw him at class for the exam and a few hours later he texted me apologizing, saying his friend OD'ed, etc. In a way, I'm kinda glad nothing came of it.

W
W
Originally Posted By: soleil
Originally Posted By: whatisis
I once read a book called "F@ck, Yes!: A Guide to the Happy Acceptance of Everything" (1988)

This title is hilarious! I actually googled it yesterday and couldn't find any at my library's catalog but it was available on Amazon. I want to read it. It got some pretty good/funny reviews.

I think Jimmy Swaggart wrote it! I believe he said "f@ck yes" to everthing, as long as it was with a hooker.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
soleil Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Haha. Good one, Whatis. I have such a fun idea of what you are like in my head... first with the scripture and the Lord cursing (by the way, I copy/pasted it to my sis for a laugh) and now this book recommendation. I imagine you as the person at church who randomly curses and the the congregation stops and looks at you, gasping wide-eyed. Good times smile

K
K
You had asked on Romeo's thread when this got better. For me it was after the divorce. I fought for my marriage all the way up until the end so after I began to see my life without him. I also know that I gave it everything I had so nothing to be ashamed of.

I was in the mess for a bit over two years and have been divorced a bit over two years. There is so much stress of the unknown. Who knows what a divorce is like if you haven't gone through it. The limbo and then constant dread took a real toll. So much better now. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
I
I
Look at you Sol! the lab partner, the friend etc- you're swimming in the sea of available men. So when's the dinner? Are you looking forward to it? feeling butterflys?

What's the scoop on your D? I forget if you ever got a date nailed down?

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
W
W
Haha. Good one, Whatis. I have such a fun idea of what you are like in my head... first with the scripture and the Lord cursing (by the way, I copy/pasted it to my sis for a laugh) and now this book recommendation. I imagine you as the person at church who randomly curses and the the congregation stops and looks at you, gasping wide-eyed. Good times smile

Well, f@ck yes, I still share my humour at church, I just tone it down a bit!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
M
M
Hi Soliel,

I read your entire 34 pages today! You've got a lot going on - thank you for swinging by my thread.

Sincerely,
Mrs. A

S
soleil Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Mrs. A--thanks for stopping in. And that's a lot of pages! smile

Originally Posted By: kat727
Who knows what a divorce is like if you haven't gone through it. The limbo and then constant dread took a real toll. So much better now. smile

ITA. People who haven't been through this have NO idea what it's like.

Whatis... I really really want to buy this F!ck Yes! book. It's on the top of my Amazon wish list.

Romeo, dinner was nice. It also felt weird in a way. He was acting into me and I told him I am not looking for anything serious at all and I am going through a D. I have known him for about 6-7 yrs/same group of friends.

I don't think I will do dinner again w/ anyone until my D is final. I know life doesn't stop after D and my stbx is the one who filed the D but leaving dinner I went home and crawled into bed and thought about what I used to have and what I don't now and it made me sad.

It's all mentally exhausting.

No class or lab for me today which makes me very happy smile Anyone watch the show Dexter on Showtime? I got caught up w/ it last night and it's getting really good!

Me: 29
Got a ticket to the D concert
I
I
Hey sol sister, ain't that Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!
Hey sol sister, I don't want to miss a single thing you do...tonight

smile

Hey I'm glad your dinner went well. I know what you mean by it feeling weird- been there done that. I haven't gone on any dates/dinners etc since then either. However, I don't think there's anything wrong with going out for a bite to eat as friends. Just casual stuff you know where you don't have to dress up to the 10s etc. That should have nothing to do with the D. Just enjoying the simple things in life.

If you like any of these guys and want to hang out again just tell them that you only want to be friends for now. If they like you they'll be patient.

Have fun today! (I don't watch TV- and newmamma it's not because I'm cheap lol)

Me: 35|WAW: 38|D: 6yo | http://tinyurl.com/2dxx7m6
Feb 2006, left, came back in two weeks
Aug 2006, left again
Apr 2007, filed for divorce
Dec 2007, reunited
Mar 2010, moved out, filed again
M
M
leaving dinner I went home and crawled into bed and thought about what I used to have and what I don't now and it made me sad.

It's all mentally exhausting.

I hear ya for sure, but you're doing an amazing job hanging in there!

Sincerely,
Mrs. A

Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard