Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: soleil
Your life isn't over. It only feels that way. You already know your IC is right. Though it's easier said than done, right?

I sob every night before I go to bed. I feel like I'm slipping into a major depression. I have meltdowns several times a day. Eleven days after he left we had to put our dog to sleep. We had to take turns at the vets office because he wouldn't see me. I know I hurt him, but I can't imagine that he thinks divorce is going to take his pain away? I know I can't change his mind. I just want to so badly.

C
C
What are you grateful for?

What are your goals to improve yourself - mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually?

Who are you going to help today?

What are you going to learn today?

What dog at the pound could use a second chance and have you as his loving owner?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Coach
Grateful for friends who pick up the phone when I call late at night.
What are your goals to improve yourself - mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually? Well physically, I've lost that last pesky 15 pounds since I can't eat since he's gone. Mentally, I'm seeing a counselor, doc called in a presription for an antidepressant for me, thinking about calling a hospital to see if I can check into the psych ward. Emotionally, I've gone dark, but I don't think it's helping me. Calling friends when I start to meltdown. Spiritually, I've been praying non stop, asking God for forgiveness, reading his word, asking for his will to be done, but for my husband to give me another chance.

Who are you going to help today? Help? I can't help myself. Not sure I can help anyone else.

What are you going to learn today? Not sure.

What dog at the pound could use a second chance and have you as his loving owner? I'd go to the pound and adopt for sure, but I have no $. Paying for attorney with a credit card. Husband made the money. Not me.

C
C
Quote:
Not sure I can help anyone else.

say something nice to them, compliment them, smile at people.

Quote:
What dog at the pound could use a second chance and have you as his loving owner? I'd go to the pound and adopt for sure, but I have no $. Paying for attorney with a credit card. Husband made the money. Not me.

Are you looking for a job? It would good for you for lots of reasons.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
T
T
Quote:

I like to start with this one in my own life if I am drifting off the path.

In the space you are in, try this:

1. Make a list of 10 things you are grateful for.
2. Repeat #1 every day for the next 28 days.

Quote:
What are your goals to improve yourself - mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually?

I think that if you don't have a fitness routine, it's critical that you establish one that you do daily. I don't care if it's only taking a long walk.

Spiritually, that's deep stuff, so I say find your own path on that.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
S
OP Offline
S

Are you looking for a job? It would good for you for lots of reasons.

I have a job. I need a better one. Things are coming at me so fast with this divorce, I haven't sent out any resumes. I will be moving out of state if we divorce. He wants the marital home and I don't have the strength to fight him on it.

Yes, I have said nice things to people today. I guess I'm doing better than I thought.

C
C
Quote:
Yes, I have said nice things to people today.

How did they react?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
S
OP Offline
S
Quote:

How did they react?

Kindly.

C
C
Originally Posted By: So Ashamed
Quote:

How did they react?

Kindly.

So how do feel about yourself knowing that you made a positive impact on someone else's life today?

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
P
P
Once again. Just because you cheated doesnt mean you have to cave in on everything he wants.

Fight for your rights as a spouse.

It's interesting looking at this from the opposite perspective. Are you in a no-fault state? Then cheating, especially emotionally doesnt mean squat in court. Sometimes if kids r involved you can spin it.

How long were you married? What is your attorney telling you??

Dont forget it took both of you to get where you were at. Everyone on this site has to take responsibilty for the state of their marriage. Even if the only part they played was marrying/choosing that particular person.

Start standing up for yourself. NO ONE should be allowed to just WALK AWAY from a marriage. Especially if the other person wants to work on it. Unless your dealing with extreme issues suc as abuse, most issues can be worked out in time.

Stop letting him DEFINE YOU. You need to LOVE yourself first before he could. Use this time to WORK on that. Look into
CO-DEPENDENCE.

Page 8 of 31 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 30 31

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard