Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
F
fb2 Offline
F
Originally Posted By: BobbiJo
Originally Posted By: ImprovedRomeo
I can't have a sexual relationship that's meaningless. I know it's weird coming from a guy but I've never had and never will. It's that line I won't cross unless that someone is special in my heart. Believe me sometimes I wish I could be more normal lol. I'm also not much into dating or 'sampling the buffet' as some of you put it. So clearly I'm doomed to find someone ever again lol

Same here. And good for you.

OK IR, you are one of the guys I am looking for. Glad to know they exist! You will find someone again bc I think there are a lot of us women out there looking for someone who feels the same way we do... smile

Me-48, W-38
M14, D11, S7
W filed D 01/07
W had to move out 06/07
Current Thread
K
K
I agree, meaningless sex is bad. But sex because you like and are attracted to someone isnt meaningless, it's fun. It's a personal thing...

And Kat, in Europe, IMO, people arent hiding, pretending, that's the difference. And not about sex only. I remember when I visited US the first time, I got people looking down on me because I was smoking and the next minute, they offered me pot... (!!!). Huge shock for me!

I wouldnt go out bar hopping looking for sex, but I wouldnt say no, if the right guy didnt bring a ring along. It's a personal thing...
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
C
C
Dating doesn't mean you have to have meaningless sex. R's would be far less complicated if two people actually took the proper time to *really* get to know one another before sex is added in the mix.

Sex is wonderful but it can also complicate things. I am of the opinion a post divorce R needs to have as few complications as possible. Some complications you can't control but sex isn't one of them.

It's all very personal and everybody is looking for something different. For me, I would never have sex before I was divorced. I would never have sex w/somebody who is not divorced.

But dating doesn't have to mean sex (to me anyhow). A few dates is nothing more than two people spending time to see if they want to get to know each other on a deeper level. Nothing more, nothing less.

J
J
Meaningless sex?????? What the hell is that??? Sex is like pizza...even when it isn't perfect, it's still pretty good... :-)
Seriously though, I have had meaningless sex with meaningfull people....i am sure everyone here has as well. It can't always be meaningfull, can it?
Anyhow, you date, no expectations, you have fun and don't do anything you are not comfortable with. Whether that be bunji jumping or having sex on your first date. Just relax and be "natural" be yourselves....it will all work out.....lol.
All this sex talk has got me thinking...

C
C
Exactly, John....

I agree sex can be meaningful even if it doesn't lead to a long term R. It's not to say the sex doesn't matter but it may or may not lead to anything and that is okay. I don't think anybody is suggesting anybody go out trolling for sex on a daily basis with multiple partners - sex doesn't always have to be some big thing though. The key is making sure BOTH people are on the same page.

C
C
Quote:
Meaningless sex?????? What the hell is that??? Sex is like pizza...even when it isn't perfect, it's still pretty good... :-)

That means you never had your face up against the prison bars saying, "No, Bubba No!"

- unknown comedian

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
S
S
Originally Posted By: Kalni
I remember when I visited US the first time, I got people looking down on me because I was smoking and the next minute, they offered me pot... (!!!). Huge shock for me!

Did you take them up on their offer?

What you experienced is this thing called political correctness. Its meaning changes over time.

S
S
Coach -

You win the belly laugh post of the day!

J
J
well coach....err Bubba, that would be pretty meaningless but also pretty painfull!!!!

J
J
it was more than a belly laugh coach.....cracked me up actually....look what we have done to BBJ's thread. We went from sex with one partner to homosexual (forced entry). Speaking of the back door....is that not still a crime in some States????

Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard