Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
F
F
Originally Posted By: pinhead
Dinner turned out great. Always fun to experiment. Even my daughters liked it.

smile Good for you! I was wondering how you were making out this week. Glad to hear you're keeping busy. What did you make your daughters for dinner?

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Oh, they ate the same chicken dish, plus my fussy 8 year old even ate the roasted potatoes.

It's been a lonely week though. After the girls go to bed, it's me and a book or a movie. Same thing I'd be doing if the W was here, but all the same, it made me realize how much I appreciate her company.

F
F
Oh, they ate the same chicken dish, plus my fussy 8 year old even ate the roasted potatoes.

smile This sounds nice.

It's been a lonely week though. After the girls go to bed, it's me and a book or a movie. Same thing I'd be doing if the W was here, but all the same, it made me realize how much I appreciate her company.

This too. Really happy to hear you and your W are reconnecting pinhead.

I cannot complain for not receiving from others, that which I've never asked them for.
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yeah, baby steps. I'm probably the most impatient and impulsive person on the boards, so that's something I need to change/control since it's so counterproductive to healing.

She told me she'll be home for dinner tomorrow when she drives back, so I'll have to whip up some spaghetti for a good family dinner.

Never thought I'd feel bad about missing her, but it makes me feel like I'm not as detached as I should be.

F
F
Never thought I'd feel bad about missing her, but it makes me feel like I'm not as detached as I should be.

Hey I'm glad to hear your W will be home tomorrow Pinhead. Yumm... spaghetti. Don't forget some nice fresh parmesan. And hey, no worries on missing her. I think missing your spouse a little when they're gone is healthy and normal. It shows that you care about her. smile

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Ugh. Wife came home yesterday, a bit early too. We hugged when she came in the door, and then she went to greet our daughters. After that everything was fine, but definitely not a lot of affection directed towards me.

Maybe it's because she was tired (8 hour drive), but getting any type of affection from her is still pretty rare. She's nice, thanks me for things I do, but still seems like she's waiting for a switch to flip inside her. And waiting sucks.

After dinner, we talked about her trip, and then put the girls to bed. Then we watched a couple of shows together before I went to bed with a book. I didn't want to initiate anything, even the hug she gave me was more me than her. I keep waiting for her to do anything, and that leads to sleepless nights.

T
T
Quote:
not a lot of affection directed towards me.

Maybe it's because she was tired (8 hour drive)

Yeah, nothing more romantic that driving 8 hours, dealing with trucks, inattentive drivers, folks tail-gating you, and so on.

Really gets that love motor running.

M-47,W-40,No kids
D-filed 5/27/2010
Piecing - 10/21/2010
-=Soon to be banned=-
P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Yeah, I realized that. I guess that with her being gone for a week, I had unrealistic expectations.

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Just read a post by Greek about it taking 1 month for each year of marriage to heal your relationship. That really puts things in perspective. So I have ten more months to go, aiming for Independence Day...

P
pinhead Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Well, it's back to the same old sitch where she's a great roommate, but no affection. From the time I got home to bedtime, she spent most of her time on her laptop or iPad, even while cooking and eating dinner. Hard to have a conversation when she's glued to a screen.

Turns out that she was upset that while she was gone, I didn't tell her much about what the girls were doing. She called every night to say goodnight, but I didn't talk too much; she had gone on the trip to figure out what she wanted in our relationship, so I was trying to give her space.

Of course, the trip did nothing to clear away her fog. I don't know why the hell we're trying to piece it back together. I'm getting nothing I need out of this relationship...

Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard